Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. MommaIvy

MommaIvy Member

0   0   0

[​IMG] Pin Mail from broadwaybookworm and my first zap!!! That Pluto is super cute especially since my dog looks a bit like him. And the pins were in great condition! Can’t wait to see my daughters face when she gets the tsum tsums on Christmas morning. Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Hiddenmickey2018

Hiddenmickey2018 Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Congratulations on your first zap!

3. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Congrats!

4. Stewbaws

Stewbaws Newbie collector

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

My last pin delivery before I get to Chicago in a couple of weeks when I'll have fresh pin deliveries :)[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mickeymousje, raikipins, Ajk and 8 others like this.
  5. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    75   0   0

My profiles have finally arrived! Surprisingly Belle is my least favorite of them.

[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

6. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

Agree... for me it's her face... while nicely drawn (ie, it does not scream creepy like eric's face in the recent Ariel and Eric boat scene pin), but it doesn't seem like belle's face to me...

7. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

[​IMG]

That’s why I didn’t order one of her.

8. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

Another great mail day!
    [​IMG]

A contact hooked me up with this Disney on Classic Hercules pin that I didn't even know existed and isn't on pinpics. I have no idea what these are but I love this pin. The Hades 10K pin I got presale on the 'bay. And the Pain and Panic I have been searching for for a very long time and finally have it thanks to a nice lady in the UK I traded with on pinpics. Lately, I have been on a roll with trading and finding people who aren't profile crazy like on FB and just want a reasonable and honest trade.

Some closeups of course!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and last but not least, I was trying to find something random at home and came across this beauty that has been missing for over a year and I thought I lost it to the point that I put the pin back up on my Wants list just this week. I almost purchased this pin maybe a dozen times over the last year and even have it sitting in my 'bay cart. Good thing I didn't purchase it!

[​IMG]

I also got my Acme Rapunzel and Ariel profiles yesterday that I ordered in April. The mail sure is slow!

[​IMG]

Anyway, my daughter determined that the Ariel was, in fact, board-worthy! A first for any Acme pin! So good usage of time to get it right. The Rapunzel is up for trade.

Also, I'm expecting my Lion King park pack today. The Mufasa scene will probably be a keeper and the Can't Wait to be King scene will be up for trade regardless of which variant I receive. PM me if you are interested in Raps or LK.

9. pins4twin

pins4twin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Got a package from my friend in California. Traded some Character blocks and a Dark Tales to get some Profiles and a Dark Tales. The Maleficent and the Piece of History were a Zap.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    469   0   0

Love the classic pin! Might have to hunt one for myself. :)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

11. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    469   0   0

Major bummer. :( got my LK park pack pins, but their backs came loose so they rattled around and stabbed each other. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beyond that gash on the Simba one, nothing super major. But still a bummer. Also they canceled Russ's order since they went to the same address and apparently it's one per household. :/

All in all, a bit disappointing to have spent $60 on some damaged pins. But not sure it's worth returning?

12. DisneyJ

DisneyJ eBay Enabler

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I would reach out to Guest Services to see if they can/will replace them.

13. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    469   0   0

They will, and they'll pay for shipping. I guess I just need to decide if it's worth the hassle. But it probably is. Hahah!

DisneyJ likes this.
  14. Spr175psu

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

Same thing happened to mine! I don’t see any major scratches though. I’m in the same boat of deciding how much I care. I’m leaning towards not that much just because it was the backing that got scratched up and not the pins themselves.

15. MerlinEmrys

Rating - 100%
    469   0   0

And see, like, if they send me a new one, and it happens again, but worse, I'm just SoL. Hahah.

16. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    144   0   0

Mine were loose too, but they seem OK. Even so, I don't like depending on luck to get undamaged pins.

17. tiffychann

tiffychann Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Just got my Mulan character block after a disappointing attempt to get these online!

[​IMG]

18. Spr175psu

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

Thanks, but I’m not exactly sure what Disney on Classic is. I tried to look it up and read that there is an annual traveling show in Japan and the pins are distributed via some sort of lottery system but is this a fantasy pin? How many of them are typically made?

19. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

If I recall correctly... The maleficent arrived loose too... I think it is definitely a packaging flaw.

20. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    252   0   0

On Classic is a concert series in Japan. Every year has a theme and the pins often reflect the theme. I'm not sure of the entire pin buying process, but I remember seeing a Facebook post awhile ago that they're given out randomly (I think maybe via gashapon?), so there is some randomness to the pins and some I think are more rare than others. They are all official Disney pins, not fantasy.

Spr175psu likes this.
  21. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Dang Shaya, you are on a roll!! I think the On Classic is new for this year! Basically, my understanding is "On Classic" is a traveling Disney concert in Japan, they sell pins with the other merch, AND there are pins to be gotten from gatchapon coin vending machines which they bring to each event. Each year has a new theme, and new pins.

Spr175psu likes this.
  22. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I would contact guest services, since that's unacceptable imo.

23. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Based on what Sarah posted in the Japanese FB group, the pin that @Spr175psu got is randomly sent with your ticket order (not everyone gets one). The Disney On Classic mystery pins, they have a Gatcha machine (capsule) at the event. So you pay, your however much yen, and then the machine spits out a random pin.

Spr175psu and timeerkat like this.
  24. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

Not a mail day but yesterday’s haul! It’s a combination of purchases, trades, and CM trades!

[​IMG]

Thank you @TheMickeyMouseRules, @timeerkat, @CanaDaLE!! So excited to update my boards and continue my PODM hunt!! Just 4 more to go!!

Edit: forgot to add these!! PTDs from tues and a pin from Portland I got when I took a short vacation a few weeks ago!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  25. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

My sister's mail day from the pickup by Merlin [​IMG]

Merlin had a great touch. Out of 10 pin boxes only two duplicates with one chaser added for good measure.

PS. I ruled at guessing the pins from the shapes.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018