Mail Days (Post your latest Acquisitions)

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by earthbound, Oct 22, 2010.

1. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

I thought those sets were so clever! Was sad they didn't really take off, or do more of them

Ajk likes this.
  2. Blurkishgirl

Blurkishgirl Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Even if I’m on the search for the new Ralph ptd (sigh) I’m glad I got these. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Stewbaws

Stewbaws Newbie collector

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

4. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

Mail day? Nah, WDW booty day!

[​IMG]

But yes, pins! I met up with Merlin yesterday to skip dealing with the USPS (which is in my pin shite list right now). He gave me the pick up pins for October which are glorious and which included a Zap from an unknown but obviously wonderful person, the Maleficent pumpkin! She is adored and fitting on joining her fellow Maleficent pins tomorrow, as I’m too pooped tonight to put my pins away.

My ears were some of the last Halloween ears in the park, only emporium had them and they only had four pairs left. And I got my WHOOSH hoodie. So pleased to have the hoodie and matching pin (pin is AP from August’s event). And I got Orange Bird! An adorable glittery Pop! And I found halloween light up goodies.

Over all a good trip, especially with yesterday’s Epcot noshing and light day drinking and today’s quick queue for Big Thunder.

5. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

xdattax likes this.
  6. cadien

cadien Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

My first Paris PTN! And it was a trade!

[​IMG]

mickeymousje, Ajk, Spr175psu and 10 others like this.
  7. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

Who is that and what is he holding?

8. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

His name is Gyro Gearloose. He's from the 90's Ducktales cartoons. He's a gadgety guy. He's holding a thing that was some kind of helper robot.

Edited: looked closer.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

watzshakinbacon and Tokaji like this.
  9. Dalamara

Dalamara Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Love it! My first Paris PTN was the Flintheart Glomgold :D

Spr175psu, krand1276 and cadien like this.
  10. krand1276

krand1276 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

Been having trouble attaching photos from my phone, but I think I managed to figure it out on my iPad, so these are very overdue.

When we returned from our two week trip, there was a lot of mail waiting. First is from @Hiddenmickey2018. We traded a couple of American Adventure pins. Brian was super to trade with and sent an additional zap (separate post for that).

[​IMG]

Then I was super excited to finally able to make a trade with @Tokaji! He sent this great Ursula MNSSHP pin and the final Park Pack pin I needed to complete last month’s set. He also sent an awesome zap (also in a separate post)!

[​IMG]

Then was an amazing box from @timeerkat! She sent so much stuff. We traded three pins. Well, I sent 3 pins. I asked for the Darkwing Duck PTD and the Eeyore pins plus any other pin. She sent those two plus 4 other pins. So, I’m not sure which is the final pin and which were zaps, but it’s all pure awesomeness! I love them.

[​IMG]

Thank you all! It was a very nice welcome home!

mickeymousje, Ajk, timeerkat and 8 others like this.
  11. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Got some great pins (and a bunch of fun stickers) from a trade with @pilcrow.

I think I like these Disney alphabet pins better than the Pixar ones. The pictures just seem higher quality to me. And wasn’t it nice when Park Packs had park-related pins in them? :D

[​IMG]

12. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    476   0   0

Pretty amazing mail day today, if I do say so myself. :3

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

13. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

I'm so jelly over the Aladdin. ;)

Congrats on an awesome pin!

krand1276 and MerlinEmrys like this.
  14. goofyfordonald

goofyfordonald DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Here’s my haul from Swap Til You Drop in New Jersey. Pretty overjoyed by the amount new Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood pins I was able to acquire

[​IMG]

15. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Quite the haul Mike! I'd say you did awesome

16. arielsdinglehopper

arielsdinglehopper Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

WOW!

Mike_Mouse likes this.
  17. Mike_Mouse

Mike_Mouse Active Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Just found this in my mail box.

[​IMG]

Another big thanks to Merlin for the great pick up!

mickeymousje, Ajk, CCofRR13 and 4 others like this.
  18. TammyH

TammyH Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

What an amazing hall!!! :)

19. Kerri780

Kerri780 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

A
    Angus <3

20. MommaIvy

MommaIvy Member

0   0   0

[​IMG] Purchased my first fantasy pin and I’m as in love with it as these two are with each other I don’t even want to put it in my binder with the other keepers. I might just carry it around with me everywhere.

21. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

Got some great mail yesterday! Including another grail!

Got my park pack in:

[​IMG]

And some other assorted goodies (not pictured in the group is the Robin Hood pin, because it came in a few days ago and I forgot to grab it to include it in the photo) :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Daisy as Cadence, Frou Frou, and Aces pins all came from @MerlinEmrys (auction bid and pickup), and he included another stinkin' adorable Tiki Room postcard! That boy is looking at Michael like I look at Michael! ;) The other Daisy pin is from a Facebook trade.

And now for the last pin. It has the distinction of being the single pin that I have spent the most money on ever. But when the opportunity popped up to get it, I had to pounce since I have no idea when the opportunity to find it again would pop up.

That would be the LE25 (25!) Church Mice pin! (It is also the lowest edition size pin I own.)

[​IMG]

I am now a Church Mice completist, and am 27 pinpics entries/24 pin entries away from being a Robin Hood completist (by what's on pinpics, anyway). If a trade I'm in the middle of negotiating goes through, that will drop down to 26/23.

22. Spr175psu

Spr175psu Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    67   0   0

Not pin mail but still ultimate grail mail!!

[​IMG]

So some background. Before I started collecting pins, I was a huge watch aficionado. Still am but not as much of a collector since all hobby money goes to pins.

Anyway, about a year ago, I discovered the 50th anniversary Mr. Toad enchanted evening event held at Disneyland in 1999 after I was able to secure the weather vane pin from that event. But when I noticed that there was a LE 250 watch released at the event, I was on a mission to get one of them for myself and wear it proudly everywhere.

A fee months ago, I spotted a used watch, no box on evil bay and lost the auction. I was heartbroken and have been looking for it ever since. Two days ago, I found a never worn, in box, new battery Mr Toad watch for an extremely reasonable BIN, pleaded with my wife that it could be an early Christmas present, and bought it 5 seconds after getting the green light.

I now am an extremely happy owner of one of these amazing gems. I can’t believe no one wore this in 19 years! It took me all of a second to put it on my wrist.

Some more pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love my Disneyland 60th watch but this one might not be coming off my wrist for a while...

mickeymousje, Ajk, TinyTink and 7 others like this.
  23. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

Awesome pin mail! How exciting about the church mice!

24. watzshakinbacon

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

How fancy!!

25. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

I was bad a didn't post the great pin @timeerkat traded me last month. I love how Sir Hiss's tail wraps around the ice cream. @Tamatoa posted a trade thread for the Tangled puzzle pieces. She traded me these two pieces. My niece's puzzle (non-chaser) is complete.
    [​IMG]

I completed a few Pinpics trades for a few pins for my collections and the kids. I bought the Rapunzel pin. It's super sparkly.

[​IMG]

All the Chip and Dale pins are going up for birthday and Christmas presents for my nephew. Now I need to find a matching Chip.

All in all, it been fun trading after a bit of a break.