• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

TheDisneyFanatic

Servant of the Dark Fairy
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maleficent comes to cinemas starting May of 2014. Its pretty obvious that there is a lot of hype around it, not only due to Angelina Jolie playing as Maleficent, but also because Maleficent is one of Disney's most popular villains, if not THE most popular. Also, the Diamond Edition for Sleeping Beauty is being released, so next year is the year of Maleficent basically. Obviously Disney will be shelling out a lot of merchandise for both the film and the Diamond Edition Blu-ray knowing that collectors will be going crazy for the stuff. What merchandise do you wanna see? The thing I want most is a 17 inch doll of Maleficent. Ill stay up as late as possible to get that one if it actually becomes a thing. Seriously Disney, MAKE THIS A THING.

I think we will potentially see an LE adult costume too, seeing as Halloween will be around the time of the SB Diamond Edition release.
Probably a new Jim Shore
17" Doll
Hot Toys figure
Snow globe
some sort of doll set that has Maleficent in it
etc

I for one know I am safe financially this year save for the 17" dolls and I am so happy for it! Lol

All of these sound like they would be awesome collectibles :). I guess I really want a 17 inch doll of her because, if any of the past dolls are to give an idea of what one can expect from a Disney Store 17 inch collector doll, you know that it will be as detailed and well made as possible and will be worth every penny. The new Maleficent figure from Hot Toys will more than likely be AMAZING but it will probably cost a arm or two lol!

I think we will potentially see an LE adult costume too, seeing as Halloween will be around the time of the SB Diamond Edition release.
Probably a new Jim Shore
17" Doll
Hot Toys figure
Snow globe
some sort of doll set that has Maleficent in it
etc

I for one know I am safe financially this year save for the 17" dolls and I am so happy for it! Lol
So you think they will have all these things for the Angelina Jolie movie?

For those who haven't seen, Here is an 11 second snippet of a preview that is apparently to be released on Friday for MALEFICENT. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngp5omqIkf4

that smile she does at the end omg!
tumblr_msf69nsWMh1sh3qcko1_250.gif

The movie looks pretty amazing, I wasn't a huge fan of the Oz and alice in wonderland movies, but maybe that's also because the clip they released is so short... I have high hopes though

I'm not sure if y'all are aware already or not, but MAC (cosmetics company) announced awhile ago they are doing an 11 piece, LE collection for the movie. It is most likely coming out in May in the U.S.

I hope they include a few re-releases from the Venomous Villains Maleficent items, but mostly new stuff. As soon as I hear anything about what exactly is in this collection, I'll let everyone know. Here's the promo some of the beauty sites got sent:

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-x-disney-maleficent-collection-summer-2014

Last edited:
This is the most excited I have ever been for a movie featuring Angelina Jolie, I can't stand her, I think she is overrated as an actress, however from what I have seen so far I think this movie is going to be good. I really hope the entire movie is executed well. Maleficent needs to be portrayed flawlessly ♥

For those who haven't seen, Here is an 11 second snippet of a preview that is apparently to be released on Friday for MALEFICENT. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngp5omqIkf4

Good god im so excited! I wish there was a higher quality version of the trailer though. I couldn't tell what a lot of it was, but I hope Angelina Jolie pulls off an amazing Maleficent. The only things that bugs me a little bit is that she is way to pale. But I love her regardless :D.

Just seen the new trailer, more nervous now! It looked slightly more "dark" in the last trailer than it does now, and Maleficent doesn't look scary at all! I think this has the potential to be awful! I wish Maleficent had covered her cleavage and wore the more iconic robe lol. But the Cgi etc looks stunning. I hope it is good though, I loved Oz the great so I should like this(hopefully)

I don't know if I liked it :/! The trailer was very poorly put together and I don't like what they've done to maleficent! I hope they aren't making her good.... She's one of the best villains because she is just pure evil and cruel and I don't want that to be destroyed about her :/

I know what you mean, Maleficent is my favourite Disney character and I want this to be good and will see it regardless, but Maleficent doesn't seem very evil or scary in this new trailer.

I think her befriending Aurora really shows you how evil she really is because we all know what she does in the movie, and I can't wait to see the Dragon!

I don't have a good feeling about this movie, particularly after seeing this trailer. I think I'll wait to see it until it comes out on DVD.

I have been reading online about this, have no idea if it's true ... Possible Spolier

Aurora is awakened by Maleficent and not the Prince! And Aurora turns into a fairy Queen! And Maleficent isn't that Evil, King Stefan is!

I really hope it's all false info but judging by that trailer it's probably true:/

I never thought Maleficent was pure evil, she is very emotional and complex. I actually can't think of one pure evil Disney Villain, they all have layers. Personally I think the pure evil thing came from media released later - Epic Mickey, Kingdom Hearts, etc.

I'm excited, I hope they don't skimp on the merch for this or the SB Diamond Release, they both deserve lots of nice stuff!

I am really torn. People say Angelina is sexy. *She's not my cup of tea* Maleficent I can find "sexy" and she is completely covered up. I feel like they are trying to make her become Malefoxcent. And, it also looks like her horns...are actual horns. Um...I don't know what I feel about that because I always thought they were a headdress that was a part of the time period. AND! I too have read what you wrote above. I don't wanna repeat it cause it could be a spoiler...that if it's true...could potentially be what spoils the movie.
There's no way I won't go see it, but I think I will go in with the same approach I had with Oz. I went in with EXTREMELY LOW expectations and left in love. So...we'll see.
But...I know I will want a Maleficent added to my Disney Movie Collection dolls.

Maleficent comes to cinemas starting May of 2014. Its pretty obvious that there is a lot of hype around it, not only due to Angelina Jolie playing as Maleficent, but also because Maleficent is one of Disney's most popular villains, if not THE most popular. Also, the Diamond Edition for Sleeping Beauty is being released, so next year is the year of Maleficent basically. Obviously Disney will be shelling out a lot of merchandise for both the film and the Diamond Edition Blu-ray knowing that collectors will be going crazy for the stuff. What merchandise do you wanna see? The thing I want most is a 17 inch doll of Maleficent. Ill stay up as late as possible to get that one if it actually becomes a thing. Seriously Disney, MAKE THIS A THING.

I agree!! A 17" Maleficent would be SO awesome!! I can only imagine how gorgeous she would be!! PLEASE make it for us Disney =)

I'm not sure if y'all are aware already or not, but MAC (cosmetics company) announced awhile ago they are doing an 11 piece, LE collection for the movie. It is most likely coming out in May in the U.S.

I hope they include a few re-releases from the Venomous Villains Maleficent items, but mostly new stuff. As soon as I hear anything about what exactly is in this collection, I'll let everyone know. Here's the promo some of the beauty sites got sent:

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-x-disney-maleficent-collection-summer-2014

Thank you for passing this on!! I love Mac makeup and of course so excited for Maleficent makeup items!! I wasn't aware Mac was doing this in the near future, so thank you again!! Can't wait to see what Mac comes up with =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back