• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I can't believe how expensive these dolls are.

Aurora is so not worth it. The dress on Jackss is so much better.
And Maleficent's face mold is also not that impressive...

$35 for these dolls.... I wonder why they're not $17 like the Frozen ones.

Also, why just these 2 characters?

OMG I can't believe how expensive these dolls are.

Aurora is so not worth it. The dress on Jackss is so much better.
And Maleficent's face mold is also not that impressive...

$35 for these dolls.... I wonder why they're not $17 like the Frozen ones.

Also, why just these 2 characters?

The price is higher than the Frozen dolls because these are dolls from a live action Disney film. Because of this, they have to go for a more realistic look to match the look of the actors playing the roles and thus it costs more money. The Oz dolls were around the same price I believe. Plus they are primarily mean't for display and not meant for play like the Frozen dolls are, as they put more attention into the packaging and style. I REALLY wanna get them, but I just bought the pin set and I have payments to make so that put me back a bit.

The price is higher than the Frozen dolls because these are dolls from a live action Disney film. Because of this, they have to go for a more realistic look to match the look of the actors playing the roles and thus it costs more money. The Oz dolls were around the same price I believe. Plus they are primarily mean't for display and not meant for play like the Frozen dolls are, as they put more attention into the packaging and style. I REALLY wanna get them, but I just bought the pin set and I have payments to make so that put me back a bit.

Yeah, I understand that, but the Oz dolls seemed worth it.
It looked like a nice in between between the 12" classic dolls and the 17" LE dolls.

But these..... These look ok at best.

Yeah, I understand that, but the Oz dolls seemed worth it.
It looked like a nice in between between the 12" classic dolls and the 17" LE dolls.

But these..... These look ok at best.

To each their own. I personally love the Maleficent doll and while the Aurora doll isn't perfect, I think it does look a lot better than her promotional pictures that were leaked online. I agree though that the price is a bit on the high side if you include shipping and such.

I will be ordering a Maleficent when I get home from work. I hope she disney sell out before then. I have both Jails dolls ani do like the look of the Disney Store one so when I see her in person I may end up returning the Jails dark beauty Maleficent as they are so similar looking. Then again I can never have to much Maleficent or Angelina hmm decisions decisions lol

If Disney store maleficent isn't all that great sculpt wise, you can always switch heads with the dark beauty one and make a definitive version. I need to hit subway too. Those bags look nice! Thanks to the poster who uploaded the pics!

I personally think these ones are wayyyyyyyy better than the TRU dolls (Jakks or something?). I'm surprised they didn't do their version of all 4 dolls.

These are more expensive because royalties have to go to the actors for their likeness. I'm not sure it means they have to be TWICE the price of other classic dolls, but they are impressive I guess.

I don't see how anyone could think the Jakks ones are more impressive! The face sculpt doesn't look like Jolie and the outfit looks cheap wereas the Disney store one has a much better facial sculpt aswell as nice packaging and better clothing + her staff. While I don't think any of the Auroras are perfect and are a easy pass for me, the disney one at least looks semi like Elle Fanning. To me the price isn't too expensive it's just the same as the oz ones and the Maleficent looks just as nice as the wicked witch of the west doll did. You can easily see these are nicer than the Frozen play line dolls which look cheap and like children's play dolls. I don't think I will even open the Maleficent as I love the packaging. Any idea when the dolls will be on the uk site?

I have a feeling that these dolls will clearance out like the oz dolls did.....is anyone else disappointed that there aren't fairy dolls?? A three pack would be nice.

it would've been cool if they made a fairy pack similar to how they made China girl as a seperate accessory for Oz. I just hope the movie does well and if these dolls are on clearance, hopefully not as fast as lone ranger.

I'm sure they look better in person, but with just the pictures to go by, I still like the Jakks Pacific ones better. I also am a bit disappointed that they only have 2 dolls. It makes me wonder if they are holding back 2 pack versions of the dolls, or something a bit more extravagant. Until I see a Disney Store coronation version (which they need to make), I'm in no real rush for the dolls.

I wish there were better pictures of her on their website, seeing the same one over again doesn't give me much to go by. I was to see Maleficent facing forward. :)

Last edited:
it would've been cool if they made a fairy pack similar to how they made China girl as a seperate accessory for Oz. I just hope the movie does well and if these dolls are on clearance, hopefully not as fast as lone ranger.

These won't go on clearance near as fast as Lone Ranger's did. Long Ranger was a giant mess of a film. However I have read the Maleficent novelization, and I personally feel that it will be an excellent film. I can see the Maleficent doll holding up while Aurora is the one that goes on clearance if they go on clearance at all.

A fairy three pack would be wonderful or an accessory set like China Girl, as you pointed out, would be great too. I personally want a King Stefan doll because I am a huge fan of the actor that plays him, Sharlto Copley. At the very least a Disney Store Dival would make sense, as Jakks Pacific also made one.

omg, that lace dress. hnnnnggggg.

these are just beautiful! but i don't think i will be getting them. the price is a little up there for me.

Auroras dress is a lot prettier and more detailed than the Jakks cheap looking one. I can see Aurora on clearance though. In the Uk the wicked witch of the west didn't go on clearance but Glinda did, I really don't see maleficent going on clearance. So excited for the movie, hopefully it will do well as it looks better than Alice in wonderland. Gee everyone hates the Lone Ranger! I didn't think it was bad just too long.

^I loved the Lone Ranger. I wish it would have been popular enough for a sequel, because I would have loved more. :p

Aurora is the same though, I don't care for it now, based only on the photographs. I'm sure she will look better in person, probably enough so that I will get 1 of each doll. It's just going to be a little tough to by 2 dolls for $70. :lol:

Last edited:
I liked Lone Ranger, too. I seem to like the ones everyone hates. I also liked Disney's John Carter of Mars.

Well I opened my Corination Maleficent and I hope Disney does that version of her because the Jakks one is just ok IMO. Her clothing is cheap(I know these dolls are not meant to be of high quality) and she has trouble standing even with Stand(her awesome wings make her fall forward a quite a bit now maybe my dolls legs are just loose?) I still like her but I am thiking of taking back the Dark beauty one and just using the Disney store one in my display for my collection

These won't go on clearance near as fast as Lone Ranger's did. Long Ranger was a giant mess of a film. However I have read the Maleficent novelization, and I personally feel that it will be an excellent film. I can see the Maleficent doll holding up while Aurora is the one that goes on clearance if they go on clearance at all.

A fairy three pack would be wonderful or an accessory set like China Girl, as you pointed out, would be great too. I personally want a King Stefan doll because I am a huge fan of the actor that plays him, Sharlto Copley. At the very least a Disney Store Dival would make sense, as Jakks Pacific also made one.

A King Stefan doll would be great! I'm surprised they didn't make more dolls of the characters. And even more shocking, nothing on Prince Phillip. No doll, no poster, nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back