• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent 2014 Merchandise
My pins are on their way! So excited!!! :cheshire::pooh::donald:

I also got one of the Maleficent bags from Subway today (the one with the tree guardian on it). They are a bit on the small side (makes sense since it does come with a kids meal), but its well made and nice looking :). Wanna pick up the other three or at the very least Maleficent. Also, is anyone else bothered by the fact that scalpers have already put up both the Disney Store and Jakks dolls on eBay for over at least $80? I honestly question the minds of some people on eBay.

I was talking to a cast member today and they said that it was very likely that a LE maleficent/aurora doll would be released.
She also said that they got the journals in and that the rest of the merchandise will be in within the next 2 weeks.

I think the cast member might have gotten confused as there definitely was no LE doll for Maleficent. They might have thought that the film collection a were limited edition but they are not. I know rhat there is going to be a hot toys LE figure, no details on that yet but i think it will look amazing.

I think the cast member might have gotten confused as there definitely was no LE doll for Maleficent. They might have thought that the film collection a were limited edition but they are not. I know rhat there is going to be a hot toys LE figure, no details on that yet but i think it will look amazing.

Don't forget that Disney has one more limited edition Maleficent 2014 item that they are releasing! If you remember a picture of a Maleficent statue was leaked online on the french Disney Store page. I am assuming it will be a limited edition item that comes out the day of the movies release.

My pins are on their way! So excited!!! :cheshire::pooh::donald:

I also got one of the Maleficent bags from Subway today (the one with the tree guardian on it). They are a bit on the small side (makes sense since it does come with a kids meal), but its well made and nice looking :). Wanna pick up the other three or at the very least Maleficent.

I got a kids' meal yesterday as well and got the teal bag with Aurora sleeping ~ I think the sandwich artists were judging me... lol ~ anywhoo, I'm off to a different Subway for lunch and going to get the Maleficent one. The two other bags don't do anything for me... They are on the smaller side, but I think they're good for storing pin paraphernalia. I received my tracking number as well, so it's a go! :anxious:

I got a kids' meal yesterday as well and got the teal bag with Aurora sleeping ~ I think the sandwich artists were judging me... lol ~ anywhoo, I'm off to a different Subway for lunch and going to get the Maleficent one. The two other bags don't do anything for me... They are on the smaller side, but I think they're good for storing pin paraphernalia. I received my tracking number as well, so it's a go! :anxious:

Haha I had my mom pick up the bag for me so I can only imagine the looks they were giving her. Hope our pins arrive safe and sound!

Just to let you guys know, you can buy the bags for $1 each

:)

I thought that was the case because I see people on eBay with all four bags already and for some reason the guy at Subway told my mom that she could only get one per kids meal. I will have to let her know about that so she can pick them up for me on her way back from work :).

Having spoken to a CM in a UK Disney Store, they said they are pretty certain a limited edition doll will be coming. I'm hopeful that they're right.

I'm also pleased that I've managed to track down the Maleficent and Aurora dolls in the UK as well as two mugs and the journal :)

Don't forget that Disney has one more limited edition Maleficent 2014 item that they are releasing! If you remember a picture of a Maleficent statue was leaked online on the french Disney Store page. I am assuming it will be a limited edition item that comes out the day of the movies release.

Having spoken to a CM in a UK Disney Store, they said they are pretty certain a limited edition doll will be coming. I'm hopeful that they're right.

I'm also pleased that I've managed to track down the Maleficent and Aurora dolls in the UK as well as two mugs and the journal :)

Yes that is right it is a figure and not a doll, the figure is LE 300 (according to the facebook page) but I highly doubt there will be a LE doll, I think the CMs are mixing up the figure with the LE doll. Personally I think the Hot Toys figure will look better than the Disney Store one.

I believe this figures is similar to the ones they released in the past e.g Frankenweenie and Merida.

I think Maleficent will be a big release for Disney but not big enough to warrant them creating a LE doll based on a live action movie.

Last edited:
Yes that is right it is a figure and not a doll, the figure is LE 300 (according to the facebook page) but I highly doubt there will be a LE doll, I think the CMs are mixing up the figure with the LE doll. Personally I think the Hot Toys figure will look better than the Disney Store one.

I believe this figures is similar to the ones they released in the past e.g Frankenweenie and Merida.

I think Maleficent will be a big release for Disney but not big enough to warrant them creating a LE doll based on a live action movie.

Or maybe it's something like the Oz LE Procelain doll? Not a main character, but a smaller animated one?

Or maybe it's something like the Oz LE Procelain doll? Not a main character, but a smaller animated one?

Yeah but there are no characters like that in the movie, at least characters big enough to turn into a LE doll that would sell. Either way if there was to be a release we would heard about it on the Disney Store blog. Personally i think that the CMs are getting mixed up with the LE figure thinking that it is a doll. For those that did speak to your CMs who confirmed a LE doll release maybe you may want to clarify with them that they aren't mixing it up with the figure? CMs are notorious for misinforming people which I think they do on purpose to throw people off and build hype for releases, either that or they know little about these releases to begin with.

I remember someone on here said that their CM told them a LE doll would be coming out for the Frozen bluray release which didn't end up happening.

I personally like the idea of a statue and the Hot Toys figure over the limited edition 17 inch doll. The 17 inch dolls are nice and all, but they work better for just the animated characters. Plus, its almost guaranteed that we will get a 17 inch Maleficent in her animated look for the Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition, which I hope to get. Hot Toys works better for Jolie's version of Maleficent because they deal with a lot of realistic looking characters and use much higher quality materials than what is used with the 17 inch Disney dolls. For a character like Jolie's Maleficent, if you are gonna release a giant figure of her, you might as well go all out and just let Hot Toys handle it lol! I am really excited for it and the statue looks really nice too! :)

Generally Hot Toys releases information on their upcoming merchandise around the day of the release of the movie (just like they did with Cap America 2). So I would say we should see something about by the end of the month.

^ completely agree with everything you said!
I wonder when will we see the hot toys maleficent? This month?

I sure hope its this month! But then again Hot Toys products can take a while to get ready for pre-orders and such due to the high amount of detail and high quality materials. So at latest I would say near the end of June, but hopefully they will have it ready around the time the movie comes out.

Thanks guys.I love the detail of hot toys the only negative is they don't come with a window box like the LE dolls. So it's hard to display them unless you unbox, can't wait to see it though.

That's the beauty of hot toys: they are meant to be opened and displayed! :) alsolove to have a highly detailed Maleficent figuredthat's well articulated from head to toe and various accessories besides her staff. Hot toys does amazing work but we may not get her in hand until maybe early next year if we're lucky. Hopefully sooner!

Generally Hot Toys releases information on their upcoming merchandise around the day of the release of the movie (just like they did with Cap America 2). So I would say we should see something about by the end of the month.

Thanks for the information Polaris :). I can't wait to see what she looks like!

Just ordered the Maleficent doll from the Disney Store (along with a Thumper plush for my mom for Mothers Day :3)! Can't wait to see her in person! I will probably pick up Aurora a bit later on.

Does anyone here know when the DS will sell the dolls in person? All my 12" dolls normally get smashed in transit. That, and I wanna pick the best of the batch! :D

If the CM's on here can't say when, I totally understand. No pressure.
On a totally unrelated note...I am thinking of a date in the future. Can any CM guess what date it is? ;)

Not sure if this has been answered (or I haven't red the past posts) but the Maleficent Bags from Subway, is it available right now? & will it be available to Canada? Just wanted to know cause I checked out 2 Subway locations & they only have that "Muppets: Most Wanted" going on with the kids meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back