• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent 2014 Merchandise
I wonder what people will do when it turns out they don't like the movie. It's the main reason I'm keeping my distance to merch as much as possible, right now. I gave in to the lithos because it was pretty though lol. Bf received them today at our UK address and he said they look gorgeous.

I have a question. I received a shipping confirmation from the Disney Store but it has been 2 days and when I click on the tracking number it only tells me that a label has been created. Usually by now, I can see where it is shipping from, where it was last and they give me an expected delivery date. Has anyone else had this problem and if you did, did you ever get your item or did it just sit in there warehouse?

I have a question. I received a shipping confirmation from the Disney Store but it has been 2 days and when I click on the tracking number it only tells me that a label has been created. Usually by now, I can see where it is shipping from, where it was last and they give me an expected delivery date. Has anyone else had this problem and if you did, did you ever get your item or did it just sit in there warehouse?

I have had the same thing happen to me before. Its usually a number of different things. They could have just shipped a bunch of orders at once or they may have created a label but not been able to send it out yet. It tends to happen when Disney releases limited edition items. Just contact customer service and ask them the status of your order. :)

I went to my local Disney Store today to see if they had any Maleficent merchandise out. At first it looked like there was nothing available until I reached the back of the store. There was a small display hidden away in a corner next to the clearance section. Umm...that's not how I would choose to market a soon-to-be-released film. The dolls were on shelf and I was tempted to pick up Maleficent but will wait to see how the Hot Toys version turns out.

I wonder what people will do when it turns out they don't like the movie. It's the main reason I'm keeping my distance to merch as much as possible, right now. I gave in to the lithos because it was pretty though lol. Bf received them today at our UK address and he said they look gorgeous.

For me that will not be a problem even if the movie turns out to be bad or not all that good(I am hoping it is at least just decent) I will still not mind owning the merchandise as Maleficent is my favorite villain and Angelina Jolie is oneof my favorite if not favorite actress so I would not mind having anything with her likeness. Though the way Disney seems to be advertising the merch in the stores(very little or not at all) they dont seem to have much confidence in the film either that or they dont want to end up with another Frozen on their hands regarding merchandise.

I'm the same even if I hate the movie I still love the character of Maleficent and the Design of the film and I'm a fan of Jolie. But fingers crossed it will be brilliant! I have read the novel and loved that so.

I went to my local Disney Store today to see if they had any Maleficent merchandise out. At first it looked like there was nothing available until I reached the back of the store. There was a small display hidden away in a corner next to the clearance section. Umm...that's not how I would choose to market a soon-to-be-released film. The dolls were on shelf and I was tempted to pick up Maleficent but will wait to see how the Hot Toys version turns out.

That is exactly how mine is too. (Except they still haven't gotten the dolls. Half of the CMs don't know about them and the other half don't know if/when.) I get that it really isn't a front and center window display and won't be (because there really isn't that much product for the movie. But shoved and hidden in the back corner? Really?

Does any one when we should expect to see the maleficent dolls back in stock? I want to order another to debox. Hopefully if they don't restock soon they will have some in stores for when I go shopping next week.

Not heard back from disney regarding the damaged statue. Just had a email the other day saying my message has been passed on the relevant department and given me a case number. Any one who has had a similar problem how long was it before they got back to you, and sorted a refund or something out?

Does any one when we should expect to see the maleficent dolls back in stock? I want to order another to debox. Hopefully if they don't restock soon they will have some in stores for when I go shopping next week.

Not heard back from disney regarding the damaged statue. Just had a email the other day saying my message has been passed on the relevant department and given me a case number. Any one who has had a similar problem how long was it before they got back to you, and sorted a refund or something out?

You get a MUCH faster response if you talk to them via Facebook (PM them). I had an issue with my LE coronation Elsa doll (which they never actually resolved...) and I had to wait up to 7 working days between emails at times. You can always phone and give them your case number to hurry things along too as they can look up your emails :)
Good luck!

I had some issues with my LE Tinkerbell. The cardboard back was ripped, some rhinestones were missing from her dress and she had black paint all over her leg. The German CM have been very helpful but I was told Disney don't do partial refunds. They gave me a 20% off voucher instead after about 3 days. =/

I had some issues with my LE Tinkerbell. The cardboard back was ripped, some rhinestones were missing from her dress and she had black paint all over her leg. The German CM have been very helpful but I was told Disney don't do partial refunds. They gave me a 20% off voucher instead after about 3 days. =/

I'm not after a partial refund I want a full refund lol hopefully they will get back to me soon. If not I will message them on Facebook.

My store finally got their Maleficent stuff in. She's whole lot better in person and looks very stunning! I'll debox her later. Here are a couple of side by side pics with Jakks. Both are great dolls in their own way. If these look good, I can only imagine how the hot toys version will turn out!

From personal experience the best way to resolve a damaged item is to call the Disney Store. My LE Ursula vase showed up shattered last year and cast member gave me back every penny with no photos or anything else needed. MY tracking for Maleficent showed that it was shipped, but not moving. Three days after the label was printed it showed progress and had a rescheduled delivery date. Most likely it simply didn't make it on the UPS truck that first day. I think the Disney Store Maleficent and Aurora are beautiful dolls. They have more detailing and nicer clothing than a mere classic doll would have. I am super excited to get my Maleficent Figure next week. She looks to me like she's worth every penny. I don't know how many of you guys are big Maleficent fans, but I am super excited about this "Year of Maleficent." I cannot wait to see what will turn up this fall for the DVD release.

Last edited:
What do you mean call the disney store? Call my local store or call the customer service number on the invoice for the item?
thanks for your input by the way I hope can get it sorted this week.

I called customer service on the invoice. I've had help with several different shipping/other problems over the past few years. I've found them to be very helpful. You just have to be firm and honest about the condition.

Does anyone know if the hot toys maleficent statue will be limited in number like the disney store statue was or will it be easy to get?

Does anyone know if the hot toys maleficent statue will be limited in number like the disney store statue was or will it be easy to get?

Usually hot toys figures are easier to get. Unless stated otherwise, they're just limited releases with no COA. And depending on where you order from, you might get an exclusive accessory.(don't know if it will be the case for maleficent in that dept) So you don't have to pull allnighters to preorder one but being vigilant won't hurt.

Last edited:
I am excited for Maleficent but wish their were pictures now and a preorder. I heard it probably won't come out till next year whereas I would rather it be available now for preorder and come out October so that I'm still super excited for it. Were as if it doesn't come out till next year a lot of that excitement for the movie will be gone as the movie will be out on dvd.

I am excited for Maleficent but wish their were pictures now and a preorder. I heard it probably won't come out till next year whereas I would rather it be available now for preorder and come out October so that I'm still super excited for it. Were as if it doesn't come out till next year a lot of that excitement for the movie will be gone as the movie will be out on dvd.
That's the con with hot toys. The wait is killer and sometimes takes almost a year or more to receive item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back