• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent 2014 Merchandise
I don't know why I keep forgetting to post this here, but I know the Hot Toys Maleficent is avaliable for pre-order on some Japanese figure websites like AmiAmi and Hobby Link Japan. Its around the same price as the American one, so you can pre-order at one of these sites if you don't wanna wait for the American/European pre-order. It also says the scheduled release is late February of 2015.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...ords=Maleficent$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

http://www.hlj.com/product/HTT17596/Act

Last edited:
@stitchkingdom: The #SDCC @toysrus exclusives will be available to purchase online in limited quantities beginning at 10 am ET Thurs. #Maleficent doll $30

She's also available on BBTS. I might get her, though I feel she's a bit overpriced for a female hot toys figure with not that many accessories. Guess her costmue and Angelina likeness that demands the asking price?

Oh, she's also at Alter Ego Comics for $15 cheaper than BBTS/SSC

http://www.alteregocomics.com/ma16scfi.html

edit: Yea the price is a bit expensive, but I feel like Hot Toys is charging more for their items lately that don't come with many accessories... their new Bank Robber 2.0 Joker is almost $300...

Last edited:
I'm blown away by the Hot Toys Maleficent, I missed out on the Disney LE 300 figurine so I happily pre-ordered!

Can anyone give me advice. I'm debating whether or not to get the battle winged Maleficent doll or leave it. I do really like it but keep thinking I need to save my money for the LE dolls coming out. But I'm worried if I don't get it now then it will be expensive in future with it being a exclusive. And not available in the Uk.

Yeah... It's tough...
But which is your favorite, the animated movie or Jolie?

Cause the price for the Disney store dolls have gone up.

Let's bring this one back from the dead. Has anyone checked Maleficent hot toys review videos on youtube? She did not turn out as good as prototype, still I plan to get her. What do you guys think of it?

Last edited:
Just saw few more photos of it. NOTHING realistic in her face. One of the worst when it comes to HOT TOYS. Articulation, dress and acc. are fine, but face...NO.

I actually don't like it and for the price of it think I will skip it and be happy with the disney store version! The face looks nothing like the prototype and the outfit looks ill fitting! I also think the body used is too short/bulky considering Jolie is super skinny.

Unfortunately Hot Toys has a terrible track record when it comes to female faces...

I passed on this figure as well

It sucks to hear that the Hot Toys figure didn't turn out that well. Usually Hot Toys goes for the highest possible quality with their products, so its a shame that this one had to be one of the duds. It doesn't affect me at all though, as I am more than happy with my beautiful Disney Store doll.

Seen few new pics and it is not bad. Hmmm...not bad at all. Only that eyes are not as green as they should be. Skin tone is more human like, while on a prototype is more dead like...

Wasn't going to get the hot toys figure but I sold my LE coronation Elsa doll and ordered her, she should be here Friday.At first I was dissapointed in her but seeing more pictures and YouTube videos( Espically the one in natural day light) I am very impressed with her and can't wait to get her- looks just like jolie. Deffo the closest likeness wise we will ever get. I think a lot of the pics/videos with too much light/flash are washing the details out because the ones in natural light look brilliant.

wings-not-included-our-review-of-the-sideshow-collectibles-maleficent-sixth-scale-figure-by-hot-toys--those-tiny-cheekbones-could-cut-glass_1.jpg
Wasn't going to get the hot toys figure but I sold my LE coronation Elsa doll and ordered her, she should be here Friday.At first I was dissapointed in her but seeing more pictures and YouTube videos( Espically the one in natural day light) I am very impressed with her and can't wait to get her- looks just like jolie. Deffo the closest likeness wise we will ever get. I think a lot of the pics/videos with too much light/flash are washing the details out because the ones in natural light look brilliant.

Last edited:
I decided to order her a few weeks ago. I debated for a while on it but I can't resist when it comes to Maleficent haha. And after seeing more pictures of the actual Maleficent I knew I had to get it. She really is beautiful. Now just a waiting game. I wish they had an exact date of release/shipment instead of a ballpark of between Jan 2015- Feb 2015.

Did anyone else order from Sideshow Collectibles?

I wait on mine now for quite some time. Ordered it from Japan. It was the cheapest option, with postage included.

I am glad that I'm not the only one who realised she is worth it. Likeness is very very good. I just wish that her eyes were greener but not even Disney one had them in right colour.

Last edited:

So my Maleficent hot toys figure came today:) First of all, I think photos do not do her justice! The sculpt is amazing!
The outfit is very detailed. The only negatives to this doll is that it's very delicate. It's hard to get the train of her dress to clip on, it's all little pressed studs and it did not want to go on lol, took ages. And the little string that goes over her fingers to hold the sleeves down is hard to remove to swap the hands, I was so scared it would rip. & I wish she came in a window box because I only have a shelf to put her on and I don't want dust to get on it. But the outfit and facial sculpt are spot on! Just have to be careful when swapping the hands over!

The train is amazing and she really is amazing compared with the Disney store one.Very glad I ordered her in the end!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back