• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent Designer Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent Designer Doll

LordTremaine

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really want to get her to complete the designer collection but she is going for crazy prices on eBay. Some posters are selling her for $250 and up. I didn't even spend that much on the other 5 put together! I think she is beautiful and I would love to have her but I'll wait it out and see if I can find her at a somewhat reasonable price. I hate when people jack up the price of something so much. Like how can they seriously put an originally $80 doll on sale for $250....people are crazy.

I really want to get her to complete the designer collection but she is going for crazy prices on eBay. Some posters are selling her for $250 and up. I didn't even spend that much on the other 5 put together! I think she is beautiful and I would love to have her but I'll wait it out and see if I can find her at a somewhat reasonable price. I hate when people jack up the price of something so much. Like how can they seriously put an originally $80 doll on sale for $250....people are crazy.

I know exactly what you mean!!! The LE Snow White doll....some sellers are actually asking $1000-$2500!!!! For a doll!!!!! Ridiculous. Greed.

My suspects were right, back at 2012 when the Designer Villains line was released, I posted back then that my bets were that Maleficent was going to be the expensive one of the set, just like Ariel with the Princess. I think she is the most iconic & popular Villain out of the 6.

+1, I knew she would be the first to sell out, and basically is the only one who has sold out for good (Queeny keeps popping back up now and again). It really is too bad because I only was able to get two, and Cruella and Gothel were my first choices. I kind have have given up on Maleficent now haha.

I wasn't really inspired by this collection enough to buy them. The high price and the in-box poses really killed it for me. Now that they are at a reasonable price, I'm tempted to buy Cruella and The Queen of Hearts...but the Wicked Queen is the one I have to have if I'm going to have any of them. So...her being "sold out" is my sole reasoning behind not buying the other two. ;)

BUT! Back on point, the people on ebay are selling the dolls for ridiculous prices...but it's warranted. Ridiculous people get so caught up in the "I MUST HAVE IT FOR MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!" mentality and agree to spend all those inflated prices. If people decided, "You know what, I'm going to be diligent and be online when they are released or just not buy them", then people on ebay wouldn't have reason to buy them only to put up for sale. I understand that there are people that might not be able to afford it that week, but can the next. But still. Everyone on this forum...with the exception of like 1 or 2 people, I feel like we are all realistic about it. We know we have to be there at zero hour or risk missing out. And then, at the end of the day, we don't need these dolls...we just really want them. If we could control that, then we could essentially control those that buy exclusively for ebay. But, that will never happen because there are a handful of regular members here and hundreds of people out there throwing money at the chance to have every ebay doll.
:soapbox:
Totally ended up ranting on a soap box...was not my main point. My main point was: I'm proud of you guys that are able to hold out and save your money for a reasonable price. :)

the people on ebay are selling the dolls for ridiculous prices...but it's warranted. Ridiculous people get so caught up in the "I MUST HAVE IT FOR MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!" mentality and agree to spend all those inflated prices. If people decided, "You know what, I'm going to be diligent and be online when they are released or just not buy them", then people on ebay wouldn't have reason to buy them only to put up for sale. I understand that there are people that might not be able to afford it that week, but can the next.

I understand your point but I find that people that generally buy them at the inflated prices are the ones that only found out about the dolls after their initial release. This happened with Snow White and Alice. Also don't forget that outside the US people would not even know that these dolls existed. I only found out about them after I had come back from a holiday in the USA and realized there were a few Disney things I wanted so went on the Disney store and noticed Cinderella. So I admit that all the LE dolls prior to Cinderella I could no longer get at the RRP so had to buy them all at the inflated price. Mind you doing so was a great idea because now all of them are listed at a much higher price than what I originally paid for them.

I dunno I find that if you can afford them and are willing to pay the price for them then why not. Yes it is discouraging to see that items that were selling for less being listed at almost 4-5 times more than the original price but I don't think it's wrong of those that want to buy the items to buy them at the inflated price if they can. Also it's up to the individual to decide if they want to collect all of them or just the ones they really want. Like you said it is really all about wanting them and not needing them, so if a person wants them and can afford them then why not. Also at the moment here in Australia because we are on par with the USD it makes things from the US relatively cheap compared to things here (other than the shipping) so it could be that a lot of buyers are also from overseas where there is no local Disney store.

I personally just get upset at sellers who go overboard.... Come on, is any normal person going to pay $2500 for a doll??? Really? Most of us don't live in Beverly Hills and have ridiculous amounts to spend. Yes, a slight inflation is normal - but this crosses the line into filthy greed. No matter how you slice it, it's ridiculous to see dolls THAT high.

I do agree that it can be frustrating seeing listings like that but then again they are still up so it doesn't look anyone would buy them at that price so I generally just don't worry about it.

I agree, I usually laugh and go on....but I have been tempted to email them with a "are you seriously asking this much?!" But then I never do.. ;)

I know this is going off topic but I really wanted to get the LE Rapunzel Gallery Print that was exclusive only to the UK but they sold out. There was one seller on eBay who was selling it at over 4 times what it was originally sold for so I asked them if they could sell it to me for a more reasonable price but they said that it was rare and sold out hence why the price hike. I ended up not paying for the ridiculous asking price but I also know that the Disney Store is renowned for relisting items that were sold out which to my luck they did and so I managed to get it at sale price which I was so happy about. So I guess the moral of the story is sometimes it pays to wait it out as something good always come to those who wait! :D

What I don't get is people who buy these items with the only intention to sell them. They hike up the price so much and they end up stuck with the item. After a while you think they would lower it. The prices for the LE Snow White and Alice dolls are ridiculous. I was going to get Maleficent when she was on sale on the Disney website but a family member needed money so I gave it to them and ended up missing her. I don't regret giving my money to help someone out but it's just my luck haha. Maleficent is my favorite and I try as hard as I can to collect all of her merchandise. Her doll has my favorite face and outfit of the designer collection.

As another of my favorite baddies once said "All good things to those who wait."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back