• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Marvel is now apart of Disney so it needs a thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel is now apart of Disney so it needs a thread!
I certainly don't do any twerking in mine :lol:

I'm sure I read on that wiki page that they were available in Australia haha!

Not so much of a collectible but have you seen the new Lego marvel game? As soon as I saw a review for it I said to my hub we need that! He is getting his new Xbox the end of the month so that's one game I'll be playing too!

I have to say after seeing Avengers it really gave me hope for Marvel. I was so super excited when they released the first movie of Spider-Man. I wasn't too thrilled with their actor choice but I wanted to give it a chance since he was my favorite superhero. I was horrible disappointed with how Toby portrayed Spidey and the story line was horrible....I didn't even bother with the third one. When the new Amazing Spider-Man was released I did like it much better. Andrew Garfield matches Spider-Man SO much better and really gets Spidey's sarcasm. However, Peter Parker was still slightly off...he was nerdy but to cool to be Peter. But I am extremely picky about my Spidey, I grew up watching the shows and reading his comics so he has to be perfect!

Anyways, Marvel has slowly started winning me back over. After watching Thor for the first time, like a week ago, I was really impressed. So I am looking forward to Thor The Dark World! I'm hoping that this is a new thing for Marvel and they keep going forward with better movies like this. Also I hope they keep finding great actors/actresses to play the parts! That is really essential to the movies!

Polaris: I have seen that figure! It is definitely a nice one! I have a few that I want to get but I will have to wait until I have Elsa and Anna ^^

I have to say after seeing Avengers it really gave me hope for Marvel. I was so super excited when they released the first movie of Spider-Man. I wasn't too thrilled with their actor choice but I wanted to give it a chance since he was my favorite superhero. I was horrible disappointed with how Toby portrayed Spidey and the story line was horrible....I didn't even bother with the third one. When the new Amazing Spider-Man was released I did like it much better. Andrew Garfield matches Spider-Man SO much better and really gets Spidey's sarcasm. However, Peter Parker was still slightly off...he was nerdy but to cool to be Peter. But I am extremely picky about my Spidey, I grew up watching the shows and reading his comics so he has to be perfect!

Anyways, Marvel has slowly started winning me back over. After watching Thor for the first time, like a week ago, I was really impressed. So I am looking forward to Thor The Dark World! I'm hoping that this is a new thing for Marvel and they keep going forward with better movies like this. Also I hope they keep finding great actors/actresses to play the parts! That is really essential to the movies!

Polaris: I have seen that figure! It is definitely a nice one! I have a few that I want to get but I will have to wait until I have Elsa and Anna ^^

I definitely agree with you, I really dont like Toby Maguire and didnt think he was appropriate to play Spider-Man, it's a good thing you didnt see the third as that could have potentially ruined Spider-man for you completely. I also believe that Andrew Garfield portrayed Spider-man a lot better, the interesting thing with Spider-man is that because he is comic book character he is very open to interpretation, as a result everyone builds up in their head what they think the perfect Spider-Man will be hence making it very difficult for anyone to ever portray him in a way that everyone will like him.

But I definitely think that Garfield is the better choice for Spidey than Maguire.

I was a huge fan of the first X-Men movie but then by the time it got to the third it was just horrid, how could they have killed off Cyclops? Then the whole X-Men series just went all wacky with Marvel just making more and more Wolverine related movies and neglecting all other characters within the franchise. Now they are trying to reboot the franchise in the hope that joining it with First Class will help revive the series again to rectify it from the mistakes made in the past. I just have high expectations now for these X Men movies because they stuffed it up so badly that the only place they can go is up really. LOL

It will definitely be interesting though to see where Disney decides to take Marvel. But by the looks of things they are taking the right steps to help revive the Marvel line.

Ack! Don't even get me started on the X-Men films.....another disappointment! I really didn't like many of the actors/actresses they picked for the characters at all. Halle Barry as Storm?! For one Storm was an extremely strong female character which I didn't feel Halle Barry did well at all. Rogue.....won't touch that one, let's just say severe disappointment. Cyclops...he was okay but they could have done better. Jean Gray was ok...however, I never liked her character to begin with so I guess she worked fine. Everyone else I felt the actors fit the parts pretty well.

But the last film with Phoenix......let's just say at the end of the second film when it showed the Phoenix along the water a literally said out loud in the theater, "SERIOUSLY?!!!" I hated the Phoenix saga and I hated it even more how they did it in the movie. The Phoenix was an alien that inhabited Jean Gray's body, not just a psycho Jean Gray! The only thing that I liked about the third film was Beast, Beast was perfect and he was in the crappiest movie. So not far!

Anyway done with my rant. X-men was another I watched growing up as a kid and reading so I was really disappointed by what they did. I mean they don't have to be right-on, but at least be good. For example, Tony Stark. Tony Stark was never the sarcastic superhero but Robert Downing Jr. really evolved that character and did an awesome job. I love they way they changed up Iron-Man's character, it just really worked.

I agree about Toby although I'd say the same about Kirsten Dunst comparing the comic character of Mary Jane I don't think she was the best choice.

I think RDJ was the perfect choice for iron man he plays the part so well.

Ack! Don't even get me started on the X-Men films.....another disappointment! I really didn't like many of the actors/actresses they picked for the characters at all. Halle Barry as Storm?! For one Storm was an extremely strong female character which I didn't feel Halle Barry did well at all. Rogue.....won't touch that one, let's just say severe disappointment. Cyclops...he was okay but they could have done better. Jean Gray was ok...however, I never liked her character to begin with so I guess she worked fine. Everyone else I felt the actors fit the parts pretty well.

But the last film with Phoenix......let's just say at the end of the second film when it showed the Phoenix along the water a literally said out loud in the theater, "SERIOUSLY?!!!" I hated the Phoenix saga and I hated it even more how they did it in the movie. The Phoenix was an alien that inhabited Jean Gray's body, not just a psycho Jean Gray! The only thing that I liked about the third film was Beast, Beast was perfect and he was in the crappiest movie. So not far!

Anyway done with my rant. X-men was another I watched growing up as a kid and reading so I was really disappointed by what they did. I mean they don't have to be right-on, but at least be good. For example, Tony Stark. Tony Stark was never the sarcastic superhero but Robert Downing Jr. really evolved that character and did an awesome job. I love they way they changed up Iron-Man's character, it just really worked.

I agree with you with the X-men films. I thought the first two were good for what they were but I felt that Singer missed the boat with developing Storm and especially Cyclops. I'm a fan of the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga but I felt they did a huge injustice to the storyline in the third movie(Bret Ratner was responsible for that one). Call me a purist but that storyline strongly featured Cyclops and Jean, not Wolverine and Jean. This new one looks promising and I hope it's better than Last Sand.

Blasted, I'm already getting ready addicted to these Hot Toys.....I stayed up way to late last night to try and win a Loki...needless to say I didn't! I need to be patient though this is not the time to buy right now...plus I still have the Frozen girls to think of....Why Hot Toys?! Why do you make such awesome figures?!

Question: Guardian of the Galaxy, I only slightly remember them for when I was a kids. Mostly on just cross-overs with X-Men. I was looking at all the casting and I really like who they picked. But since I'm not familiar with this particular comic, could I have others way in on what they think?

I'm not too familiar with that series, though it was around in the 60's and in 2008. The casting looks really good so I may give it a chance. Speaking of crossovers, there's been reports about some of the events in the new Thor movie will affect the Agents of Shield show. 2014 is gonna be a big year for Marvel.. and Hot Toys!

Yep! There is like what....4 Marvel films coming out next year? We have Winter Soldier in April, Amazing Spider-Man 2 in May, X-Men: Future and Past in May as well, and then Guardian of the Galaxy in August.....that is a lot of Marvel and hopefully it is a lot of Marvel goodness!

Yes! Sideshow is already getting more from Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Winter Soldier. Which I have added all those to my alerts on sideshow :lol: However, I noticed with sideshow that they tend to release everything a year after but they do their pre-orders a year in advance. I have to say I really like that. They don't charge you until the items hit the warehouse which is awesome when you have so many releases coming out at one time. Give you time to save up without having to miss out on the ones you want!

ME!!!!! Well at least if I can get a badge! I'm so looking forward to Comic-Con next year! I already started saving and putting money away for the event. I have a feeling it will be an expensive event since it will have so many sellers. I'm really interested in all the panels that they do. However, I did hear you have to wait in line for like 4 hours or more to just get into the panels.....I kinda preferred when this stuff wasn't as popular. When I was growing up I was always teased because I liked this stuff and now it is the cool thing. Oh well, times are changing!

BTW: just got caught up on Agents of SHIELD, the show is pretty awesome so far. Anyone have any theories on what they did was Agent Coulson? I'm thinking they cloned him which is why he has all the memories but is lacking some muscle memory.

I enjoyed the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix saga that Saban did with the X-Men Animated Series in the 1990s but completely agree with you about the casting for the movies. Jean Gray is older than Cyclops? When did that happen? I don't remember that in the comics at all (Jean, Cyclops, Beast, and Angel being the 4 original X-Men and all.) Rogue is a teenager :p

While X-Men and Spider-Man are Marvel properties, for the movies they aren't, correct? Due to licensing deals with Fox and Sony, respectively? So no X-Men or Spider-Man movies (or marquees) at the El Capitan.

Last edited:
Well to what I know I think your right...I'm not to sure how much Disney has yet. I mean they are able to make and sell merchandise of Spider-Man so I know they own some rights to Spidey. However, I have never seen them sell anything with X-Men so that might to exclusively be owned by Fox. That might explain why the new X-Men movie and Spider-Man are being released this year if they are owned by other movie companies.

I enjoyed the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix saga that Saban did with the X-Men Animated Series in the 1990s but completely agree with you about the casting for the movies. Jean Gray is older than Cyclops? When did that happen? I don't remember that in the comics at all (Jean, Cyclops, Beast, and Angel being the 4 original X-Men and all.) Rogue is a teenager :p

While X-Men and Spider-Man are Marvel properties, for the movies they aren't, correct? Due to licensing deals with Fox and Sony, respectively? So no X-Men or Spider-Man movies (or marquees) at the El Capitan.

That's correct, fox and sony pictures still own the rights to the x-men and spiderman movies respectfully. I can only imagine how disney would do those series, because they're not afraid to go out there and flesh out the characters more instead of trying to be too practical.

Most likely, Loki has really stolen the show......which I find interesting in a way because Tom Hiddleston actually tried out for the part as Thor but got cast as Loki instead. However, I think how they picked the actors were great. I'm interested to see how Natalie Portman plays her character in the film. It really didn't seem like in the first film that her character was that well developed. I'm hoping they develop her character further. I do wish the Joss was directing more of the films. I really like that he has a lot of strong female characters in his films and shows.

I keep trying to decide if I should wait until after Christmas to buy the Hot Toys Loki figure or if I should buy him now......I'm worried the price is going to keep going up and up then he will be completely out of my price range.

Though the most expensive one I've seen from the Marvel line (besides Iron-Man) is Hawkeye. Geez.....I didn't realize Hawkeye was so popular but he is selling on eBay for like $590+. I kinda wanted Hawkeye because I do archery and I thought it would be cool to have him as part of my collection. But with his going price I definitely can't afford him at all.

Yeah hawkeye is the dark horse of the series. He'll be difficult to acquire for less than $500 unfortunately. I'd say go after Loki now or right after Christmas before his price rises. I think he won't reach Hawkeye's price level but who knows. Be on the lookout for one at a good price for the time being. Also try amazon too.

Yah, I've been doing both eBay and amazon. But no luck, I had a chance to get it for $275 but I didn't jump on it. Hot Toys seems to just raise in price! And I'm thinking Loki will get more and more expensive because more and more people a really starting to like him. Sigh...might have to suck it up and get him sooner than later! I have to have Loki as part of my collection!

BTW: just got caught up on Agents of SHIELD, the show is pretty awesome so far. Anyone have any theories on what they did was Agent Coulson? I'm thinking they cloned him which is why he has all the memories but is lacking some muscle memory.

Well kinda..I think they took his memories and put it into a clone body and his REAL body is currently hiding out in some secret lab haha!

Is anyone going to their AMC theater tomorrow? They're having a Thor marathon which is the first movie, Avengers, and Thor 2. I heard that they're giving out lanyards and a lifesize poster of either Thor or Loki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back