• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Marvel is now apart of Disney so it needs a thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvel is now apart of Disney so it needs a thread!
I love all the lovely pictures of the Hot Toys! I'm very jealous :)

Right now I am repainting some dolls to emulate my favorite Marvel character, the Scarlet Witch!

Hot Toys Loki is one of my prized possessions, however I might end up selling him in the future to help fund a Christmas trip to Disneyland Paris next year. I'll be in Scotland for graduate school and won't be able to afford a flight home for the holidays, so might as well try to take a trip with my sister (who will be visiting) to DLP!

Who else is super excited for CA: the Winter Soldier?! Bucky is one of my favorite comic characters and I really look forward to what merch will be available. Not too pleased with the figure available at the DS right now, though. I also hope they sell more Natasha merch!

Also I totally agree, they should have given TDW Loki a throne! I much prefer my Avengers Loki. Although I suppose I should be happy that I'm not as impressed with the design seeing as I can't afford it. ;P

I don't think I'd ever be able to sell mine! I love him too much. I'd sell all my designers and my iPad before I'd sell Loki! Heck I'd sell my sister! Lol.

That is so cool! Where about in Scotland?

I am so excited for Winter Solider. I feel I have been waiting forever for it lol.

Anyone know if captain America is getting an opening day pin? If so where will it be available? As I will be at DTD in Disneyworld tomorrow.

Can I revive this thread to talk about the sheer awesomeness that is Bucky as the winter soldier?? I just the movie and he stole every second of my attention. Anyone know of any good merch and want to fangirl with me??

Neat Thread, have you thought about making a Marvel group with multiple threads? I am a huge Marvel fan and have been for as long as I can remember. I was excited when Disney bought Marvel, Marvel seemed like it was always on the verge of bankruptcy and Disney came along to provide the financial backing which has made Marvel now the highest grossing film franchise:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/09/marvel-now-the-biggest-movie-franchise-ever

In the 90s I was a big into Spiderman and X-Men but lost interest in those books around the time the X-men movie came out, since then I gravitating more toward the Avengers comics and have been reading Daredevil (my all time favorite character) non-stop since Kevin's Smith's 2003 run while catching up with the classic Frank Miller stories. It is an exciting time to be a Daredevil fan, he had two great long comic runs with Bendis (considered best writer in the industry) and Brubaker (who created the Winter Soldier) and is now being helmed by Mark Waid. Daredevil has been racking up awards recently and it may well be the best written comic in the stands right now. Marvel reacquired the rights to Daredevil from Fox and is now making an original series coming to Netflix.

I have really enjoyed the Marvel movies and looking forward to where they are heading. Most of the movies seemed to be based on recent and popular comic stories sprinkled with some classic references. By the end of Thor 2, they mentioned 2 of the 6 cosmic items and it seems like they may be doing an Infinity Gauntlet story line which in the comics revolves around Thanos who makes an appearance at the end of Avengers, his weapon is spotted in the first Thor movie. With Ultron being the main villain in Avengers 2, Marvel is going to continue to build up Thanos for a future Avengers movie.

I am very much looking forward to the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. The comic has been around since the 60s but the movie is based on the most recent comic iteration that came out just a few years ago (also a great read). Marvel has been doing some great casting and can't wait to see Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon and Vin Diesel as Groot the alien tree. Anyone remember Vin Diesel as the Iron Giant?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3isCLVghoI

As I mentioned before, besides creating movies that connect to one another, Marvel is creating something similar on the small screen through Netflix. They are creating a Daredevil, Iron Fist (another favorite), Luke Cage and Jessica Jones series and then bringing them together under the Defenders banner.

Even though movies on Marvel characters have been out for a while, Iron Man was Marvel's first movie. The X-Men and Spider Man movies were licensed out to studios and the studios are the ones who have had creative control of these properties. The first couple of X-Men movies were made by Bryan Singer and by the third, Fox decided to rush the X-men movies without Singer and they strayed away from the source material. Singer helped out with First Class and is back working on Days of Future's Past, he even stated that he plans on fixing the mess that was made in his absence. The X-men movies seems to be back on track and, inspired by the Marvel movies, plan on doing spin offs and crossover with other properties that they hold the rights to which include the Fantastic Four. Sony owns the rights to the Spiderman movies and have taken many liberties with the franchise, especially with the third flick; have not been excited about the Spiderman movies since the second one with Doc Ock.

Enjoyed seeing other people's collection and will post pics of mine next chance I get.

Can I revive this thread to talk about the sheer awesomeness that is Bucky as the winter soldier?? I just the movie and he stole every second of my attention. Anyone know of any good merch and want to fangirl with me??

Loved this statue that came out last time I went to comic con:

http://marvel.kotous.com/marvel/page/artfx_ca_ws/index.shtml

It makes up one half of an action scene which has Bucky Barnes taking on Hydra troops as the Winter Soldier, the other half have Buck Barnes taking on Hydra troops in his other costume...

First laid eyes on this set when it was awarded as a second place prize in a comic trivia contest at Comic Con, was disappointed that I came in first.

And if you are a fangirl, this is a must:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785128662/?tag=thebroketogra-20

along with the story that follows.

That is basically what I would like to do when/if I go. Do a lot of the meet and greets. I kick myself because I had a chance to go a long time ago and I didn't. However, it was because I didn't have the money to go so that is why. I'm just really hoping I can go, actually it would be a lot of fun because Comic Con always falls on me and my fiance's anniversary. So it would be such a cool anniversary trip especially since our last trip was horrible......

Well I keep my fingers crossed and when open registration begins I'll make sure my fiance is home. He is a wiz at getting into things that are hard to get into so may be that will help!

Hey MountedArcherPrincess, this may be short notice but you can still make a Con this year. Comic Con is THE big event of the year but there are smaller events all around the country. Wonder Con is this weekend across street from Disney Land and tickets are still available. I have been to Comic Con and Wonder Con and they feel very similar. The big difference is that you can do Wonder Con in a weekend which is impossible to do at Comic Con where you have to be very selective. I tell people the difference between the two is like visiting Disney Land vs Disney World.

Gook Luck!:

http://www.comic-con.org/wca/2014/badge-sale

Last edited:
Hi guys!

I go to WDW in 12 days and I was thinking about taking my Hot Toys Loki to photograph 'taking over Disney!' I thought it'd be a cute idea! However I have some questions for other Loki owners. If any?

- this might be a silly question but do you think Loki's helmet and scepter would be an issue at security? Just cos they look sharp I don't want to cause hassle.
- my Loki, although displayed, does not have his cloak on. When on Loki is it quite sturdy? Like its not going to fall off easy is it? I have no idea as I haven't even tried to put it on lol.
- I only plan to take two sets of hands and one scepter. I think it'd be pointless to take his cuffs, extra hands, daggers etc. right?

I'd lastly like to say, yes Loki cost me a lot but I will never EVER sell him so if you are planning on telling me you are horrified that I want to play around WDW with an expensive doll you can just toddle off. It's my pride and joy and I do what I want ;)

Hi,
I think that's cool idea (probably should go to island of adventure to see if the other marvel characters get a kick out of it) but just be careful with him. Security shouldn't have a problem with it but I'd bring his stand just in case.

Hi,
I think that's cool idea (probably should go to island of adventure to see if the other marvel characters get a kick out of it) but just be careful with him. Security shouldn't have a problem with it but I'd bring his stand just in case.

Thanks for the reply! Oh we'll be going to IOA too! I have bought a little separate travel bag for him to keep him and he accessories safe in my park bag. I plan to take him only on the days were we are touring at a relaxed pace :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back