Meetup, & whos going thread! Love is Adventure 8/24-8/26 2017

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by lynn99, Feb 10, 2017.

1. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 BANNED

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

lol

2. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 BANNED

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

Registration for the event is April 25th. That is when they should release the catalog of pins.

3. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 BANNED

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

Grapefruit Beer? Yuck!!!
    Ive had Apple Cider beer at the U.K. Tasted good, the first few sips after that nasty.

4. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Good news! I am one step closer to confirming my attendance. (I found out that my course schedule will likely allow me to have Fridays off!) Now I just have to secure the funds and figure out hotel arrangements. I was doing a bit of online investigating and found some previous trip reports: http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestblog/special_disney_events/pin_celebrations/ I never realized how fun these events were! I'm stoked!

5. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 BANNED

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

WoooooooHooooooooo

6. AidanShepard

AidanShepard A Villainous Villain!

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Pfft how did I miss the conversation with everyone talking about the drinking around the world. XD

I'm gonna be flying down Wednesday and going back Sunday. c: Merlin and I planned on doing Animal Kingdom on Thursday (I'm so excited for Pandora!) And then of course Epcot on Friday and Saturday. I'm so excited! I've taken the days off and I'm saving up my money.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

7. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Pssst, take pictures of Animal Kingdom for me! ;D

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

8. AidanShepard

AidanShepard A Villainous Villain!

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I most certainly will! :D

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

9. bcol

bcol Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

It looks right now that I will be able to make this one! The stars are aligning and it seems like it will be happening. Fingers crossed and excited to make my first big event

10. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    482   0   0

Have fun!

11. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 BANNED

Rating - 100%
    210   0   0

Watermelon Paleta? I love watermelon, what is this?

12. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    219   0   0

It's a watermelon popsicle. They sell them at one of the restaurants in the Mexico Pavilion. It's the perfect amount of watermelon flavor and sweetness, especially for the Florida heat.

13. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

To those that have been to events such as this one, how much should one budget for it? I've got a handle on air and hotel but I have no idea what to budget for something like this. Trying to determine if I can swing this or not.

How much do tickets to an event typically cost and what does that include?
    How much should one budget for pins (I know this is personal - but just trying to get a ballpark figure).
    Do you have to buy admission into Epcot or is it included in the event costs?

Any info would be appreciated - thanks,
    Christine

14. NewlyAddicted

NewlyAddicted Member

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0

From what I have heard it is usually roughly $200 a person and does not include park admission. You get a couple pins as gifts and get to trade but you have to purchase any of the other event pins before the event begins from the catalog that is released.

15. lynn99

lynn99 Member

Rating - 100%
    123   0   0

16. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

@lynn99....Thank you - that is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

17. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    219   0   0

Question for those who went last year - you got a certain number of vouchers for the trading boards, but I saw that people could trade two pins per board visit. Did you have to give two vouchers for that? Or one voucher for each board visit, so you could trade up to eight pins?

18. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

So while I may or may not go to the event I certainly might take a ride up if there are plans to wander Epcot and eat and drink! :)

19. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    219   0   0

Yep! I think we're leaning towards doing that on Saturday after the event.

20. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Sounds like an amazing adventure is coming!

21. akbecker246

akbecker246 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I went to the Pixar Party last year. They gave you 8 vouchers (4 marked for day one and 4 marked for day two.) One voucher would allow you to trade for two pins on the board during your turn.

22. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    219   0   0

Awesome, thanks! At the DSF event trading boards you're only allowed one trade per visit.

I better put aside lots of board traders!

23. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    116   0   0

last years cost for the ticket was $140 per person does not include park admission and the pins you can put in for on the RSP( Random Selection Process) cost about $15- 16 each and are LE pins but I have found out after the event they don't trade very well, I have some still left over from last year yet. You can check the ODPT site for more info on the event pins are not listed yet

24. bcol

bcol Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

I'm thinking maybe we should invest in some toddler cart rentals. Looks like some of our company will be toddling a bit! This will be fun.

25. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    116   0   0

I don't drink that much (yeah right) other half does not drink hope you all have fun