Meetup, & whos going thread! Love is Adventure 8/24-8/26 2017

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by lynn99, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

Just joined. Let's have everyone change their nickname to first name and DPF username.

Also you don't need to download the app to use it (although it makes it much more convenient). If you don't have a smart phone, you could just opt to get texts but that will def deluge your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

Forgot to add that a few of us are doing the new Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast on Sunday morning before I head to MK.

Yes, let's coordinate! It might get a bit muddled in the middle of the day, since I'll need to head back to my resort to pick up luggage and board Magic Express, but we can work out the details.

3. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    476   0   0

Aidan and I will be around all day on Thursday! Trading at the Coronado for a while at pre reg, then AK for the day. BF will hopefully join that afternoon / evening, but at the very least he'll be there all day Fri and Sat. :D super duper pumped! :D

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

4. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I'm not sure what time I'm going to Coronado Springs. My friend from WA, is flying in on Thursday and we're taking her to registration closer to the end time. But my Dad and I are going to come earlier in the day to do our registrations, and hopefully work on trading for our mystery sets! I was thinking about noon-ish. Post-event days we're going to be letting our friend dictate the schedule. We definitely want to use our tabs in the trading lines, but I'd love to have times to meet in the "back room" for some in-person trading.

Oh, and I leave for Florida, tomorrow :phineas::dumbo::mickey2::fig:

So I'm going to be going to some Thursday pin releases and so if anyone is planning any meetups.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  5. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

I will be there 08/24 - 08/26 and will also be doing early trading at the Coronado.

6. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

Hi, For anyone going to MNSSHP Friday night... I am in search of the Maleficent MNSSHP pin for trade or sale. :)

7. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    58   0   0

I joined the geoupme thing.

So ill be up there around 7pm-ish Friday. I'll be leaving from work. I don't know that we'll be doing the Halloween party, but we'll be around Epcot Saturday! And by we I mean I and the boyfriend. I'm fairly easy to spot: raybans, fishing shirt if it's sunny, and smol Eevee hanging off my shorts.

8. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

The pin trading part of my family and I are attending the pin event and doing other fun Disney stuff. I went last year and had fun; but I love this year's theme. We are staying at Bonnet Creek. We are attending the MNSSHP and trying to spend lots of time in the parks.

Did anyone else see the new pass holder promotion which allows a pass holder to buy a park hopper ticket for $79 between Augustus 11 to September 30?

9. lynn99

lynn99 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    133   0   0

Hi all!

Attendee list updated, will update the "plan" lists shortly....

just joined the groupme (haven't used it before, something new!)

10. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    211   0   0

I am so EXCITED!

11. Carlosar33

Carlosar33 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Still on the wait list. Will be there for all other after event, events. Praying I can get tickets

12. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

You still don't know? If you don't hear ahead of time and are still on the waitlist, can you just show up to see if you can get in?

13. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

The Halloween treats for Magic Kingdom and MNSSHP have been announced! They look amazing, ESPECIALLY the pumpkin Mickey waffles! I'm going to have to get me some of those! And the cheesecake, as long as the glaze does not have gelatin in it.

14. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

I can't believe that this time next week, the event will be in full swing! Also, I made some little crafts to hand out to DPF members at the event. (Provided they don't break... I had more, but sadly those met their maker in the crafting process. :( As such, I don't have enough for everyone who is attending, but if you see me, say hi!)

15. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

That's a cute idea!! Wish I thought of that a few weeks ago. I don't think I have time to craft. I look forward to meeting you!

16. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Those Haunted Mansion desserts are so cute! I have to get them just to Instagram them!

17. FoolishMortal71

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Bring your Mickey ponchos... rain forecasted every single day for the next 10 days. :alert: Not sure if it's the usual 3:00PM afternoon shower or the build an ark kind of rain but 60-70% chance the whole weekend.

18. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

Oh geez, with it being the middle of summer, I wasn't even thinking of rain. Thanks for the heads up!

Florida is weird!

19. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Meanwhile, Floridians:

[​IMG]

Rainy days typically mean less people in the parks, so we THRIVE during these times.

20. FoolishMortal71

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I just hope MNSSHP isn't a wash out since so much of the stuff takes place outside. I'd hate to miss the Hocus Pocus show and parade.

21. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    256   0   0

I love the rain too, but rain in August is cray. :p

Oh, nooooo! I really really hope the Hocus Pocus show isn't cancelled! This will probably be my one and only time to see it live.

22. FoolishMortal71

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I know, it's the one thing I'm most looking forward to for the whole party.

23. Carlosar33

Carlosar33 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I really hope I hear back early nexts week that two spots opened up. If not my fiancé and I will be trading outside the event and at the after event "events". But really hope I can find some tickets to get in to the event.

24. fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

hope to meet some of you in line at the boards will be wearing my pin made by Docfish2U it will say fuzzybunny see you all on Thursday

25. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

I can't wait for the event, but I have a dilemma. I'm choosing which pins I want to wear on my three lanyards - PatF, BatB, and Aladdin. Do I wear my nicest pins (and risk them) or do I leave them on their boards?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.