Meetup, & whos going thread! Love is Adventure 8/24-8/26 2017

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by lynn99, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

Do you have locking backs for them?

2. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.4%
    37   1   0

Only two more days left to request a badge on my thread!

3. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

I don't have the locking backs, but I may buy some of them so I won't worry as much. I went last year and the pins stayed on my lanyard well with the regular backs.

I am still thinking how I want to pack them. I plan to wrap them in bubble wrap and put them at the top of my bag.

4. Haunted575

Haunted575 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

I will be driving in Thursday morning and hope to be at Coronado around 10-2ish. May go to MK for a bit and then meet up with the group at AK in the evening. Kind of tough to stand out but Haunted JR and I will be wearing our pink and yellow Le Peep ears and hauling the Lavender suitcase. Can't wait to meet everyone!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I still need to run get plastic trading card sleeves and a binder to put my pins with cards in. I do however have all my shirts picked out for the weekend. I'll be wearing my Gracey Manor Ghouls shirt Friday for the event. Figured I'd rep the screen name!

6. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

I should be pretty easy to spot. I'll pretty much constantly be wearing either my homemade Robin Hood hat or my homemade Joy ear hat.

7. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

I think I'll prob be wearing my homemade Belle ears on Friday, and then take the Dumbo ears I made for my bf to wear on Sat. Haven't figured out outfits yet... T__T

8. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    66   0   0

I will be getting to registration ~4PMish on Thursday. Then heading to Pincon in the evening on Thursday. These are the shirts I will wear: black tunic with sequin Jack Skellington head, and a blue and white Stitch jersey. I might be wearing a DLR 60th anniversary baseball cap (it will be with me... just not sure if I will wear it the whole event). I will have a black roller bag with me at the event. Looking forward to meeting everyone at some point!

9. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    460   0   0

Aiiii! Guys it's so close I can taste it! :D

I'll probably be in a blue Stitch tank top on Thursday, and a blue Scrooge McDuck shirt or a blue Air Herc shirt Friday/Saturday (haven't decided which day gets what yet...). I also haven't totally decided if I'm wearing a "showcase" lanyard yet on Fri/Sat. I have the locking backs and all, but I'm just not sure I want to hassle with it... Probably will be a split decision. XD

~Merlin

10. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

We were hoping to get to registration in the morning, but now it looks like my friend and I will be lucky if we make it there before it closes. :(

Edit: Crossing my fingers! Looks like I'll be there at about 6

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  11. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    246   0   0

I keep thinking my flight is tomorrow and then remembering that I took tomorrow off to pack and get ready, so it's not actually for two days.

As long as I remember tomorrow morning to check into my flight I'll be good.

12. GoofyinMadison

GoofyinMadison PinPics: DIZFAN

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Have a great time, everyone!! Wish we could join you....maybe next year :x:
    Debbie

13. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    167   0   0

I will be wearing a Figment & Dreamfinder shirt on Thursday. Friday & Saturday I have an Alice in Wonderland dress and an orange Figment shirt, but I don't know which one I'll be wearing which day.

14. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

15. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    167   0   0

Ugh...I worked very hard on my bags, and now that I'm trying to put them in a backpack. Not everything fits. So I will bring what I had pulled together on Thursday, but in Epcot, I'm going to have to leave a bunch of stuff behind. We have Fastpasses after the event, and my Dad and I can't drag around our stuff doing that. Plus, I realized I left some of my mystery pins in Denver.

16. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!!

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hey Hope, you & your Dad could get a Locker to put your pins in afterwards. Lockers would come in handy for the people doing the "Eating/Drinking Challenge" around the World on Saturday :tigger:

17. TiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hey Hope, Let's try to find each other on Thursday or at Event. I have some "little" trades I could do with you & your Dad. Look for my Tigger Ears, T-shirt & Lanyard!! :tigger:

18. TiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

FYI & Hi! The DisneyPinsBlog site has the complete info for both the 3 Nights run by PinPics (get in free at the Swan after 7pm) and the MousePinTrading.com Event on Sunday ($25 to enter from 8am to 4pm). "PIN TRADING" 24 hours a day from Thursday through Sunday!!!!! :tigger:

19. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    167   0   0

Just finished lunch and we are driving down now! Any updates on the registration line?

20. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    167   0   0

Answering myself. Registration line is long.

21. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    167   0   0

Is anyone here? I am sitting in the middle of the table in the back row, 4th from the wall dividing trading from registration. 2nd from the other wall.

22. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.4%
    37   1   0

I wish I had seen this before now! I just left to get ready for the pinpics event.

23. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    111   0   0

Have you joined the GroupMe? I think you'll be able t get better communication there than on here

24. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    167   0   0

I am now. :) I definitely want to meet up early with Chubs191 to get our name badges and complete our pre-trade.

25. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

That reminds me! I have plenty of little goodies left. I'll likely be in line with Chubs191, so don't forget to grab something from me too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.