• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Melonballer's Pin Picture a day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melonballer's Pin Picture a day thread
Time for a new theme. This week is Christmas in July. I have plenty of Christmas pins. So I want to post a few now to get some more out of the way. This Jessica Jumbo came out from Disneystore.com. I do have an extra for trade.

IMG_2426.jpg

Continuing the Christmas in July theme, here is last year's Soda Fountain Christmas Jessica.

a.
IMG_5669_zpsd6983bf3.jpg

Continuing Christmas in July week here is a Minnie Mouse pin from Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party from 2012.

IMG_3948_zps096c5337.jpg

What camera do you use to take your pictures, and what are the settings?

Currently I am using a Canon PowerShot SX150 IS. It is just a run of the mill camera. The main thing is to use macro for your shots. I have a piece of scrap matte board from a photography class I was in which I use to mount the pins while I am photographing them. You want to avoid direct light because that will cause reflections off of the shiny bits.

Here is a cute Chip and Dale Christmas pin.

IMG_5245.jpg

One more day and then Christmas will go away for a while. Not sure what the next theme will be. I will certainly take suggestions.

For the last pin of Christmas in July here is another DSF Jessica pin, LE150.

IMG_0283.jpg

I have not decided on next weeks theme yet. BTW, we are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of this thread.

I was thinking of it being a random week, but I decided instead to go with characters as other characters. Today we have the D23 pin of Donald Duck as Aladdin.

IMG_4969_zps3f022591.jpg

This is one I could never get into. Jessie as the Mad Hatter was more appealing to me.

That whole year (with the exception of Jessica as Esmeralda) was kind of lame. The art for the characters looked off-model. It really is a shame because in the years before Jessica as Tink and Jasmine were too of my biggest wants. It is a shame that the Tinker Bell pins for that year (including Tink as Mary Poppins and Lilo) did not get made.

I was looking through my pictures and came across this Tinker Bell as Wendy Darling. It is an LE 300 from Disneystore.com.

IMG_2518.jpg

This Dug as a Tron character pin came out in 2010. Not the best picture, but I traded this pin away years ago.

IMG_5424.jpg

How about another Tinker Bell today? This one is from Disneyshopping.com and features Tink as Snow White. There is another one of these that was done through Disney Auctions. But this is a nice pin too.

IMG_4191.jpg

Here is another of the Disney character as a Star Wars character. In this one it is Chip and Dale as Ewoks.

IMG_3370.jpg

For the last pin in this character as other characters week here is Jessica Rabbit as Captain Hook.

IMG_2287.jpg

This week is going to be all random again. With the summer heat beating down on many of us here is a snowman pin. He was part of a collection of pins representing the Christmas Fantasy Parade.

IMG_4844_zps87bd2dfc.jpg

Another random pin, Jessica masterpiece from Disneyshopping.com. This is not part of the Disney Auctions masterpiece pins. This one came later.

IMG_5166.jpg

Keeping random week going, here is a Big Thunder Mountain Railroad pin from Disneyland Paris.

IMG_1192.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back