• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Melonballer's Pin Picture a day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melonballer's Pin Picture a day thread
Can we just have plain and simple mickey mouse

Well that depends upon what you mean by plain and simple. However, since it is attractions week I can put an attraction based Mickey up for today's pin.

In fact here we go. This pin was for the Blue Sky Cellar in Disney California Adventure.

You may have noticed I have not started a poll for next week's theme. That is because next week I am just going to play it by ear and just post random stuff. LOL.

Hi again. Why not another Mickey related attraction pin? While not a ride, the popcorn carts are a part of the theme of Disneyland. This is especially true on Main Street USA. This is not just a pin, but it can be placed upon an included easel for display. In fact here it is on the easel. On this pin we have Walt Disney handing Mickey a box of popcorn.

Ok, everyone. Here is our last pin in Disney Parks week. Tomorrow starts a new theme that I will reveal at that time. Today we have a pin from New Orleans Square and Pirates of the Caribbean.

So for today's entry I think a fun new theme would be called "Seeing Double". What is it? Well I will post a picture of a pin and a picture of the character (or characters) depicted on it from the Parks. The park pictures were taken by Me or my mom. For the first entry we are going to have a couple characters that are not commonly found on pins and even less commonly found in the park. In fact, the park picture is from 1979. Ready.

Here is Bongo and Lulubelle in pin form.

And here they are in the park as part of the Dumbo circus parade.

2006-06-19-2258-50_edited.jpg

Let me know what you think of this week's theme. Is it a keeper?

Today's entry is an interesting one. When the golden brocade series came out, no one wanted it. The set lasted until the next sale when I bought my set for $80. Now it seems to be a very popular set. Like some of the other pictures that I have posted, this one is used over on pinpics for their entry.

And here is a picture of Belle from Disneyland in 2010. Not the exact same dress, but who cares? lol

IMG_4917.jpg

Today's entry is an interesting one. When the golden brocade series came out, no one wanted it. The set lasted until the next sale when I bought my set for $80. Now it seems to be a very popular set. Like some of the other pictures that I have posted, this one is used over on pinpics for their entry.

Yes to the Seeing Double theme, it's fun. That Belle pin is amazing!

Continuing Seeing Double week (and with the villains event starting soon in WDW) I present a pin of Hades. This is a Disneyshopping.com Le125 pin from 2010.

And yes, I have a picture of Hades in the park. This is from Disneyland in 2010.

IMG_4775.jpg

Well that depends upon what you mean by plain and simple. However, since it is attractions week I can put an attraction based Mickey up for today's pin.

In fact here we go. This pin was for the Blue Sky Cellar in Disney California Adventure.

You may have noticed I have not started a poll for next week's theme. That is because next week I am just going to play it by ear and just post random stuff. LOL.

By plain and simple i meant just mickey by himself but thanks anyway

So for today's entry we are off to Walt Disney World and the Magic Kingdom. Tucked into the back of New Fantasyland near the Dumbo ride is Pete's Silly Sideshow. This wonderful meet and great is themed to the circus. You can meet Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Daisy in terrific circus related costumes. This lead to a group of 4 pins, each depicting the characters in their sideshow costumes. Here is Daisy as a Fortune Teller.

And here is the real thing to compare.

IMG_3045_zpsf874252f.jpg

I would love to see some Bambi or Robin Hood.

I cannot recall having any Robin Hood pins cross my path. I know I do not own any. Still I may have come across one at some point.

Bambi on the other hand I have several pictures of. In fact I was planning on posting one during the real life animal week. Then the site crashed and that theme got put away for awhile. Still I will try to get a Bambi pin posted before the month is over.

For today's entry I am going back to princesses. Today's pin is a highly sought after one, Designer Princess Mulan.

Of course Mulan has never appeared in the park in this attire, so here she is in her normal dress.

IMG_3817_zpsd3c4673d.jpg

Well it has been one of those days, hasn't it. Site has been on and off all day. Seems like a great day for Eeyore. This pin is a Jerry Leigh Eeyore pin.

And here is the real deal.

IMG_4138.jpg

I can hear him now "DPF is probably gonna go down again..."

Hi again. Well Seeing Double week is over. In fact this week there will be no formal theme. However, I will take suggestions on what you want to see next.

Now here is a pin that was requested a while ago. This is my first pin. Well maybe. I am not quite sure what pin #1 is. But if it is not this one, it is close.

First person to respond gets to pick tomorrow's character from these 3 options.

1. Dumbo

2. Chip and Dale

3. Grumpy

Dumbo it is! I am going to post a little bit early since I have to go to bed and I have a long day tomorrow. Today's pin is from WDI and not only features Dumbo, but Casey Jr.

For tomorrow the first person to respond (except for SyriusLionwing since she got it today) gets to choose between these three pin sources for the next pin post.

1. WDI

2. WDW

3. Disney Catalog

Disney Catalog

We have a winner. Tomorrow's pin will be from the Disney Catalog.

I miss seeing double already. :(

Don't worry. It is a theme I will revisit from time to time.

Speaking of themes, why don't I start a poll for next week's theme?

So for next week which do you want to see?

1. Gameapalooza: Pins related to video games (Wreck-it Ralph, Tron, and such)

2. Animal week: A return of the real-life animal versus their Disney pin counterpart.

3. Live action movies: Pins related to Disney's live action film catalog.

New day, new picture. Today's pin picture is of a pin from the Disney Catalog. It is from the same set as the Bongo and Lulubelle pin from a few pages ago. The pin depicts the centaur and centauress from Fantasia, Brudus and Melinda. Can you believe I found this on a lanyard in the Magic Kingdom last November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back