• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Merlin’s Magical Pin Wall – Pin Showcase!! – IMAGE SUPER HEAVY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin’s Magical Pin Wall – Pin Showcase!! – IMAGE SUPER HEAVY!

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
Hey gang!

It’s been a while since I last posted an update to my pin collection. And recently, I’ve moved in with my boyfriend who helped me make an AMAZING pin wall for my boards and boxes! I figured it would be a good time to show them off AND his amazing handiwork. :3 So, without further ado, Merlin’s Magical Pin Wall!!

Isn’t that awesome? I laid out the boards how I wanted them and he went through and painstakingly measured them out and nailed the hooks in, make them PERFECTLY straight, and it’s absolutely awesome. :D

Our first stop is the top left board, which generally holds my Hidden Mickey sets, some other sets I’m working on, and a few odds and ends. Some highlights are the Disney Afternoon Logos in the top-middle which took a bit to track down, but I really like them. :3 The Stitch Zodiac set in the bottom left is my current on-going search.

Next is one of my favorite pieces, my Epcot Morocco Pavilion Aladdin Mosaic set! This is a puzzle set of 31 pins, each one released once a day in March of 2000 for the Disney millennium celebration. Each pin was sold individually, so tracking down all 31 was rather tricky. But the best part is that the image is made up of thousands of screenshots from Aladdin (my favorite Disney movie)! It’s just so cool!

This is another miscellaneous board, but it has come to house mostly my Villain pins. It is also home to the first set I ever completed, the Merry-Go-Round Characters in the top left! My first zaps ever were for this set!

This is my baby. My pride and joy. My Merlin collection. I’ve worked on this for several years and it is only by patience and the kindness of my friends here on the forum that it is as impressive and nearly complete as it is! My favorite pin of all is the Merlin Fantasy Folk series pin with Archimedes on his perch (bottom-middle). It was given to me for the Christmas pin exchange a year ago and I nearly cried. Others have popped up over the years, but none have been as amazing as that pin. It’s so pretty… I’m also fond of the Stitch pulling the Sword (top-middle) and the centerpiece Mickey. I’ve really enjoyed gathering this collection and I’m incredibly proud of it!

The PoDM in this box is definitely the most perfect scene for me! Just Merlin! Looking quite grumpy, which is why I love him. Hahah! I about flipped when I finally go this scene! Super happy!

This is the other half, focusing mostly on Mim and Archimedes. I grab Arthur where I can, but he’s as major of a focus. Although, one of my favorites is definitely him pulling the sword from the stone (bottom-left-middle-ish). All of these Sword in the Stone pins are without a doubt the pride of my collection. I love them so…

And, of course, I had to get one of Mim sooner or later! What a great pose! I really love it!

And this is the centerpiece for the second box! Merlin and Mim together! Can’t get much more iconic for this series of PoDMs! I got this one on a super deal, so I’m really happy with it! I never thought I’d find one with BOTH characters as humans! :D

The center white board are some of my side collections, or pins that just mean a lot to me. Top-left is my Disney Afternoon collection, completely with my fairly rare Gummi Bears pin (all-time favorite). Top-right is Aladdin/Jasmine, Bottom-right is Genie (the Paris Lamp pin was my first ever trade!), Bottom-left is the Jafar section, and the center are simply pins that have a bit of a story to them. I won’t bore you with it all now, but they’re all special in their own way. A favorite is the Stitch as Tom Sawyer (bottom-middle). Since I’m an English professor and wear a Disney pin every day to class, I keep this guy in pretty constant rotation. It’s a fun literary cameo. Hahah!

Up next is my second-favorite collection, my Magic Carpet Ride collection! This one has been a lot of fun to build up as I tend to run across one just about every time I’ve given up on the box and called it complete. Hahah! One of my favorites is the balcony kiss pin (center-right, just under The Kiss, next to PoDM). Also the Community Achievement Award pin (top-left corner)—never thought I would find that one! Though Merlin is my favorite Disney character, Aladdin will always be my favorite movie, and the Magic Carpet Ride is naturally one of my favorite moments in the film.

Although I would love a PoDM that actually had them riding the carpet, this is an incredibly adorable scene and I doubt I would ever part with it. :3 Definitely a prize in my collection!

This collection kind of snuck up on me! I didn’t realize I had enough for a box until it began taking over the board! Hahah! I really love some of these pins and I’m shocked I’ve been able to get as many as I have! I’d like to focus mostly on Prince John and Hiss, but Robin Hood in general (especially Allan-a-Dale) is a great collection. My favorties are mostly there in the center, especially the Puppet Show pin and the Prince John smashing the mirror over Hiss. Love those so much!

My Pin-Tiquities set is fairly impressive! This set is really special to me because I love history and famous art, so to see it Disney-fied is really awesome! My first pin for this set was the Vitruvian Mouse (dead center) and it’s HUGE! Other favorites include Stitch as “The Thinker†and the Stitch as Leonardo with the Vitruvian Stitch (also from the Christmas exchange!). I also really like the gold frame set (Jessica Rabbit as Mona Lisa) and the only one I need from that set still is Jack and Sally in the Sunday Afternoon.

For some reason, I’ve always loved Scrooge McDuck. I think it’s the top hat… So naturally, I began collecting him and gathered up quite a few before I realized it! He’s just such a fun character! He seems so cold on the outside, but really he’s got a heart of gold (pun totally intended). One of my favorites is him diving into the lake (bottom-left) and Scrooge and his Nephews in the money pile with the swinging money bag (bottom-right).

This was just a fun little set I enjoyed collecting, and it looks rather nice framed, I would say. :3

Even though I don’t believe in them at all, I really love the Zodiac, and Disney has put out some really awesome zodiac sets. I gathered these haphazardly and then tossed them onto a glittery felt background and just fell in love with it. :3

This one was fun as well! I especially like the Jafar/Scorpio one. Oh, and Chip ‘n Dale Gemini (which is my sign!)

Thanks so much for scrolling all the way through! I’m always looking to grow my collections! Although I’m just about at the point where I’ll have to shell out some big money for those last pins. But alas, a teacher’s salary doesn’t allow for that! So I’ll just have to keep my eyes peeled for good trades or good deals! If you’ve got a pin on my banner, shoot me a message and maybe we can work something out!

Thanks again for looking! And thanks to everyone who has sent me a pin for these collections, or a pin in general! It’s probably gone to helping get a grail! :D Hugs to you all! Merlin out! *poof*

~Merlin

OH MY BREAD. I'm seriously in love with your collections! I mean besides Aladdin (of course) but your awesome Sword in the Store collection too! I remember when you were looking for those pieces for the Moroccan collection. I'm glad you've finished! I might want to try finding the pieces for that collection now lol.

OH MY BREAD. I'm seriously in love with your collections! I mean besides Aladdin (of course) but your awesome Sword in the Store collection too! I remember when you were looking for those pieces for the Moroccan collection. I'm glad you've finished! I might want to try finding the pieces for that collection now lol.

Thanks PrinceAli! :3 If you ever decide to start hunting down those Morocco pins, let me know. I have a few spares!

~Merlin

So much awesomeness! I especially love your Sword in the Stone, Aladdin and Robin Hood collections!

Awesome collection and display! Great, now I am thinking I need to start collecting Jasmine ~ gorgeous pins!

Such an amazing collection and your boyfriend did a great job displaying them!

I especially love the Djali zodiak pin in the last frame and all the Robin Hood ones look so fab together.

Huge congrats!! :)

-Charlie

Oh wow your boards look awesome! I hope to have a collection even partially as cool as yours someday :D great job!

I thought I had commented on your thread but it looks like I hadn't! I love your collections! I am particularly fond of your Robin Hood and Merlin collections. Thank you for sharing! :)

So happy to see the pins I gifted you through secret santa on here and that their among your favorites :D Your collection is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back