• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Mermaids from Mermaid Lagoon Framed Set Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mermaids from Mermaid Lagoon Framed Set Question

tyleet87

Curiouser & Curiouser...
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
220   0   0
I believe there are counterfeits of these pins circulating but I'm not sure if it is just one of them or all of them. I remember last year this woman showed me one that her daughter had pulled off a Lanyard! These pins are LE 50! I am interested to know if anyone has any other information about these for me.

They are from this framed set: Pin 30998: WDW - Tink's Summer Pin Quest - Extra-Large Frame Pin Set - Mermaid Lagoon

I noticed on pinpics that this one is the only one that has a 'Beware' message in it's description and is the only one that has 11 people trading and 9 wanting. The others have 0 trading.

If anyone has these mermaids (real or not!!!) I am interested!

I see the one with the beware message quite often in the park (dlr) I have a friend who has two of them, one from a lanyard, one in trade. I have never seen any of the others and I have been hunting for them :) I can't seem to manage to trade for the "beware" mermaid either, even when it has looked like a scrapper.

I had the first two at one time. I did trade for them but am pretty sure they were real. I suppose the last one could have had an over run get out. Sorry I can not help you more.

It just makes me laugh that they are impossible to trade for and someone won't give it up after finding it on a lanyard...

I found one of my grails on a lanyard at a Pin Event once so it does happen. I will never trade it and I know it was real as I saw the cast member come out of "the cast room" with his lanyard refreshed with MY GRAIL!

Well the only reason why I think they would be impossible to find on lanyards is the fact that they are LE 50... & they come from a framed set. So one would have to break open the framed set to get the individual pin inside. Also, it is always the same mermaid pin that is found, the last one listed on pinpics. I doubt 11 people broke open their frame only to be trading that one mermaid pin and not the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back