Metal Earth Models

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by a4matte, Mar 4, 2018.

1. a4matte

a4matte Poor Unfortunate Soul

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Has anyone else picked these up at the parks (or the non-Disney ones elsewhere)?
    I bought the entire Disney set like 2 years ago at the parks and put together Space Mountain and the Monorail right away. Thheennnn I kinda forgot about them for a while. Recently picked them back up and have been working my way through the rest. Disney has also introduced some newer ones that I need to pick up sometime.

This is what I've done so far:

Space Mountain
    [​IMG]

Monorail
    [​IMG]

Sleeping Beauty Castle
    [​IMG]

Haunted Mansion Hearst
    [​IMG]

Mickey's Fun Wheel
    [​IMG]

2. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

those are so cool!! i've always wanted to make one!m

3. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Those are neat! Are they frustrating to put together?

4. khossler

khossler Moana and Toy Story Collector!

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Agreed! I saw them when I was there and wondered how frustrating they would be to put together lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. a4matte

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

They have their moments. :|

Space Mountain - Those little ridges along the roof are one piece and you have to really carefully twist each one to the point it almost falls off.
    Monorail - The biggest sections are large, flat pieces that need to be evenly bent around the entire thing. That's not super easy.
    Sleeping Beauty - Screw that tallest tower and trying to get it to stay in place.
    Hearst - The long, thin parts of the hitch/shaft thing.
    Mickey Wheel - 21 super tiny passenger compartments that have to be put together.

But it's not like I'm keeping score or anything. :rolleyes:

6. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Thanks! :) I have seen these before and love the finished product but always wondered if I had the patience for actually building them.

7. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Those are really awesome!

8. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

I have done almost all of the star wars ones. I will have to take a picture of the ones we still have. A few were lost in the move and so I have them to build again.

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  9. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Thanks for sharing these! I've always wondered what these really look like when they're done.

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  10. a4matte

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Did this one over the weekend. The D23 Exclusive Limited Edition version of the Main Entrance Sign for Disneyland.
    There IS an open edition of this model - it's slightly smaller and only 1 metal sheet. The letters for "Disneyland" are printed on one flat piece instead of the individual popped up pieces. The castle at the top of the open edition version is also 1 flat piece for each side instead of layered like this one.

The images they use on the Shop Disney Parks app uses the incorrect, D23 version, photos.

[​IMG]

11. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    112   0   0

So cool!! I've never seen a colored metal kit before!

Connies_Hobby and DeputyDonald like this.
  12. a4matte

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

They've released a few for Disney now. The 2 versions of the Disneyland Entrance (limited and non-limited), the archway into Walt Disney World, and a few characters. They've also released some of the trashcans from the parks and I think one of the shanghai models is also in color.

13. LittleBird

LittleBird Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    144   0   0

That's beautiful! I hadn't seen a colored one before either, but it looks amazing.

14. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    99   0   0

I SO admire and respect anyone's patience and talent to do these models.

ABSOLUTELY amazing!

TYVM for sharing these with us.

DeputyDonald likes this.
  15. a4matte

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Shanghai Disneyland's castle came in the mail today - 80-something number pieces and 5 sheets of metal. This one is going to take a good amount of time...

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  16. TammyH

TammyH Active Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

Those are some of the coolest things I've seen!!! How long do they take to put together? Wow... just. Wow!

17. a4matte

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

I think the one that took the longest was Cinderella Castle (I don't think I posted that pic?) - that took working on it in the afternoons for a few weekends. Quickest so far is the Disneyland sign I just made - I did that in just a few unfocused hours.