• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
Archimedes leaves the Savannah and heads closer into the park. He flies by Everest, and sees that attraction Cast Members have already re-opened. Offended by Disney's apparent only interest in keeping turnstyles clicking, he heads back to the center of the park to where this all began. The tree of life. He again settles in a branch higher up away from the tourists. Maybe he can blend in with the other "animals" in the tree.

*OOC -- Pssssssst. Remember Basil, 3 sentences or more! He's being strict on the post count this round!

*Chessie looks up, almost in disbelief, as first jumps onto the dinosaur and then into the dinosaur's maw. Chessie discreetly rubs his eyes and looks again, wondering if he is imagining this; no he isn't ... Abu is defying King Louie's directions to stay away from the dinosaur and attempting to retrieve Eeyore. Chessie shrugs, figuring that this isn't the first time the naughty primate has disobeyed orders and done what he wants and hopes that he won't be the cause of a rescue attempt.*

*King Louie gets the PIECE OF GRAY AND BLACK FUR from Pascal.* "Thank you for retrieving it." *He then brushes it off a bit and notices that it has some white in it also.*
"Hey everyone look at this...Hmmmm...I wander if this can be traced to the killer directly or indirectly or if it is just another of the Dinosaurs victims."

*Noticing that Abu is playing around the dinosaur Louie decides to teach the furry primate a lesson. He places a call quietly in the corner and asks for the Carnosaur AA to be turned back on. Suddenly the Carnosaur comes to life with a loud ROAR!!!.*

OOC*For Rookies--ALL clues found can be linked back to the killer insome way--either directly or indirectly. I NEVER use false clues to throw you off the scent.

Last edited:
*Chessie blinks in surprise as the Carnosaur Abu was playing on suddenly comes to life with a loud ROAR! Pointedly ignoring the now-upset primate, he turns to King Louie, who now has the PIECE OF GRAY AND BLACK FUR. The Cat looks pointedly at the fur that King Louie has in his hand.*

Chessie (in a tone of voice that sounds quite serious, but may or may not be mocking): 'More fur? Has someone not been told that fur is murder?'

Mike can not help but laugh at Abu following King Louie's little trick! :)

Despite workig all through the night, Mike is no closer to finding any more clues. He wishes that the results from the lab would come along sooner.

Despite all his courageous efforts, Mike is not going to check out just yet!!

In a desperate effor to pull his weight and please King Louie, Mike is going to stay at work through the night. He wished that he had never took any vacation at such a busy time for all of the detectives!

Mike scribbles some more notes in his jotter pad and goes back over to Pascal to discuss the piece of fur he discovered in a bit more detail.

Mike is now intrigues by Pascal's offering.

'So this fur was black or grey with a bit of white in it?'

'And you found it in the hole and you thought it was a predator?' *laughs*

'I'm beginning to wonder if this killer is a bit more obvious than we may think....'

Pascal looks back at Mike blankly.

*As detectives are wrapping up the scene backstage at the DINOSAUR attraction, an announcement comes over the park's PA system.*

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS WE HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED YOUR DAY HERE AT THE ANIMAL KINGDOM. THE PARK WILL BE CLOSING IN THE NEXT THIRTY MINUTES. THE ANIMALS NEED THEIR REST SO AT THIS TIME PLEASE BEGIN MAKING YOUR WAY TO THE PARK'S EXITS. THANK YOU AND HAVE A MAGIC EVENING.

*King Louie turns to the others*

"Ok folks I hate to say it, but that includes us. The park has strict restrictions about the animal's well being and care. I know there is a killer on the loose, but we are not going to catch her on an empty stomach and no rest. I will get a cleanup crew to finish here. Everyone else make your way over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have reservations at BOMA. I will meet you there after I drop all this information at DFi Lab. Maybe I will be able to get an update on evidence. In addition I will bring your room keys and numbers to dinner. Anyone not at dinner will have to share a room with me and I snore and sing in my sleep."

OOC*Also remember back to back posts without another characters post between only count as 1.

Last edited:
Figment listens and watches as the chief deals with the fur.

"So we have black, grye and white fur. That is a very interesting mix on one piece of fur."

OOC: Mike be careful double posts don't count towards the post count, someone has to post in between.

As Abu is falling towards the Carnotaur's huge mouth, the beast suddenly comes to life and roars at him. Screaming as only a little monkey can, Abu tries to backpedal in the air but with no success. Panic is in full force for the little simian when something grabs a leg and tries to hoist him in the air. Frightened and freaking, Abu tries to grab at whatever is holding his ankle. Finally it registers that Carpet has grabbed him and Abu relaxes. Carpet then swings Abu up on top and then chides him softly with a wagging tassle.

Basil, deep in thought again, notices the antics of Abu and smiles momentarily as Abu is 'roared' out of the dinosaur's mouth. Basil is making yet more notes in his journal when the loudspeaker announces the closing of the park. After Louie tells them of the evening's plans, he gathers up his bag and begins to head out with the rest of the detectives.

OOC - Sorry again. I was planning on posting a lot yesterday, but I had some family business to attend to. Will try to get the remaining posts in before the deadline in a couple of hours. :sad:

Despite all of his best efforts to keep up with the work he has missed over the last few days, Mike has failed to impress Louie.

Mike is still eager to catch up on the work he has missed but understands that the park is about to close. 'The animals need their rest but I recon the work can still go on long in to the night.'

'No rest for the wicked' he finall adds.

Figment thinks that chance to rest and regroup will be a good idea.

"Dealing with the dino has been a bit stressful. Come on AKL is waiting, we can go through our clues again."

'I can't rest Fig!' says Mike. 'I have a lot of catching up to do but I think I am on to something. I just need that final sample from the lab and perhaps all will become clearer'

Mike makes his way back to the entrance turnstiles to Animal Kingdom, but is worried that he won't get his quota of work finished in time. 'I've got about an hour and a bit otherwise Louie will not be happy. I know this is my last chance'

Mike looks rather glum and sad. It has been a long day for him.

Tink tells mike that there is allways time to rest and regroup. It allows us to refocus on things we may have missed or overlooked. tink flies off and gets cleaned up for a meal, allowing herself time to think about the clues so far.

Basil takes one last look around the last crime scene, then heads out. As he is heading to the park exit, he hears low growl. He realizes it is his stomach. "My goodness. I don't think I've eaten in quite a spell. Some nourishment might help us think a bit clearer."

Taking Tinks advice, Mike goes with Basil in search of some food before meeting the rest of the group.

He recons that the best option is some fast food which can be bought near the entrance of the park.

It's been a long day and Mike really now needs to rest and re-group before starting all over again.

Basil sees Mike approach and smiles at him as he would not mind a little company along the walk over to the lodge. "Very bizarre case so far. I still worry greatly about Kiara. Time has certainly not been on our side. As much as I would enjoy a nice dinner and a soft bed, I'm afraid I will remain restless until she is found."

OOC*Ok folks the posting period has come to an end. Everyone should be on their way to dinner at the lodge. I will do a count and double check my numbers. Unfortunately tomorrow is my busy day at work, so I won't have much of a chance to post. Upcoming soon though in the game is 1. More info from the DFilab, 2.Room assignments 3. Yet another death--whose is yet to be determined. I hope everyone is enjoying the game and I apologize that work will get in the way tomorrow.

Aurora watches as King Louie makes a call to the CMs. She watches and laughs at the sight of Abu she has never seen a monkey scream like that. Aurora hears the parks announcment that the park is closing. After listening to the instructions from King Louie, Aurora is very happy to comply. A real meal and some beauty sleep is much needed.

Figment wanders slowly over to AKL. He is looking forward to a good meal (assuming friends aren't part of it).

"I've heard good things about BOMA."

'Hi Ho Hi Ho, off to the lodge we go' hums Mike as he continues his stroll with Basil.

Mike wonders where Pascal and Pluto have got to. He hasn't seen the latter since before his day off on Saturday...

Mike is very,very hungry and very, very, very tired!

Just as Archimedes is about to nod off into a nice nap, a loud announcement come over the loudspeakers announcing the parks close. As the owl watches park guests leave, he's glad that the detectives will be able to stay behind and look for anything suspicious while there are less distractions. He decides to stay in the tree a little longer until there's a less likely chance for him to be spotted and can do a little more hunting.

*Chessie hears the announcement that the park is closing and shrugs ... it isn't entirely unexpected and the park does have to close sometime. When King Louie announces that he has scheduled plans for them at BOMA, Chessie looks at him with an expression that is difficult to decipher, even for him.*

Chessie: 'Boma, really? I know that you want us to come together for dinner and talk, which is fine, but of all places you could select, that's probably the easiest for someone to conceal that we might be having one of our friends for dinner ... .'

*Chessie decides to head off to the Animal Kingdom Lodge with the other detectives instead of vanishing and meeting them there, figuring that it's better to stay with a group for once.*

Back