• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
As the rest of the detectives frantically mess over yet another loss of a detective, Archimedes begins to get tired during his tireless searches of the night time Animal Kingdom. He decides it's time to turn in for the evening and head over to the hotel. On his way, he grabs a few rodents for snacks to keep for later. He wasn't able to join the rest for dinner after all. He checks his phone for messages quickly, and sees that his room key was left at the front desk for him, and that the Chief has asked all the detectives to Pluto's room immediately. Sure that things will be handled thoroughly by the others, he thinks it best just to turn in himself, and begins his flight towards to lobby area.

Basil moves out of the way as Louie and the others gently lay Pluto upon the bathroom floor. He makes notations of what Pluto's ghost has shared with them in his journal. He puts his journal away and resumes looking for clues.

images

"I'm afraid at this rate our body count will surpass the amount of clues we have found. We have to get to the bottom of this with utmost haste."

Approaching the lobby, Archimedes looks down over the courtyard. The expansive landscape dances with shadows from the tall trees surrounding, slightly swaying in the breeze. At first, he doesn't see it, but takes a second look. What he first mistook as just another shadow, is a figure dashing away from pluto's room. Archimedes is too high to recognize who or even what she is because she is blending in well with the shadows with the DARK CLOTHES she is dressed in. Archimedes dives down for a closer look, and as the figure passes a street light, a FLASH (as if light was bouncing off metal) confuses him. He loses track of the woman.

OOC - Another Rookie question (or two): is the killer/suspect always from an animated series? Or can they be from a live-action series/movie?

Figment is sorry that Pluto had to meet his end while indulging in a not very savoury habit. He is glad that Pluto was able to pass on some more info as a Ghost.

Figment is happy to be given an important job by the Chief and heads to the lab as fast as his little wings will carry him.

OOC: Basil they can be from either. That is usually one of the trivia questions that gets asked eventually.

*Chessie looks at the small vial of water King Louie hands to Figment, a thoughtful expression on his face.*

Chessie: 'Are you thinking that even if Pluto hadn't drowned in the water, there may be something in the water that would have killed him anyway? Or are you just searching for additional clues that the killer may have left behind?'

*Chessie's gaze turns to Figment as the dragon takes the vial before returning to King Louie. The Cat grins at King Louie before starting to search the area for clues.*

OOC: Wally, just to clarify, Chessie's questions are being directed to King Louie and I'm looking for King Louie, and not you, to answer (if that makes sense).

OOC: Basil, another note about the 'animated' question ... in the past, you really have to be very careful about how you ask whether the killer is animated. Wally always answers questions exactly how they are asked, and if you don't define what animated means ... well, animated could mean animated as opposed to live action films, but it also could mean animated as lively, energetic or as opposed to not dead. In the past, because of the reason I've just provided, this question has led to more confusion in prior murder games than I can tell.

**OOC Consolidating Clues Post***

Clues so far:
White Fur
Brown Feather
Black Fabric
Female
Not Always Human
Dark Clothes
a Flash, as if she is wearing metal
the color Light Blue
Does not appear before 1970
Foot Prints
Grey/Black Fur

Possible Clue:
238 920 5919 1915 135 209 135 195 229 120 2361

Any others that I'm missing?

The door finishes opening and Abu peers around the edge not sure what he might find in the closet. When nothing jumps out or falls out of the closet, Abu ventures in and looks for a light switch. Finding one he turns the light on and then starts to rummage around.

*King Louie turns to Chessie to address the question about the toilet water.* "My dear cool cat cousin, I wouldn't put anything past this killer."

OOC*Thanks everyone for answering the rookie questions...It seems better nd makes more sense than if I answered them.

OOC2*The list above is missing atleast two clues that have been revealed and also the hidden clues....just thought I would mention that for the rookies. For new players--I try as much as possible to not get involved when clues are being listed or discussed. that I don't reveal anything that shouldn't be revealed yet or influence the game in anyway.

Last edited:
*King Louie is still searching the room with other detectives. He moves over to the window to search. Even though it is dark he is able to see that Pluto's room has a view of the animal savanna thatis part of the lodge. He is looking out the window and he sees Figmet flapping his little wings as hard as he can to carry the evidence to the lab. His smile quickly changes to a look of shock as he sees Figment suddenly loses altitude and quickly crash into the ground. It happened so quickly he isn't sure what happened.*

"HOLY BANANA SPLIT!!! SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED TO FIGMENT. I FEEL THAT WE ARE NOT FINISHED HERE,BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET TO THE SAVANNA AREA QUICK AND FIND OUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED> CHESSIE GO AND TAKE A FEW DETECTIVES WITH YOU."

Tink hears King Louies exclamation and quickly flies over to where figment crash landed to see if he is ok. She makes sure the room is cordoned off as it is still an active scene. she adds lion fur to the clues and the unknown as yet paw prints too.

Last edited:
OOC* Figments death which is going on at the same time as us looking for clues here, thus the last post was due to a FALSE ACCUSATION. It is up to Sue to reveal who she accused after her body is discovered soon. Because of the False accusation the current minimum post count is cancelled.

Mike is shocked that Figment has died.

He hears rumours amongst the hotel that it occured when she was flying to the lab.

Mike scoops up Pascal and they both make their way over to the new crime scene!

*Chessie glances out the window just in time to see Figment crash in the Savannah area. He agrees with King Louie that they aren't done in Pluto's room, but also knows that they have to get out to that second potential crime scene immediately.*

Chessie: 'I can't take all of you ... and some of you have to stay here and finish up investigating this one. Tink, Pascal, and Mike ... since you're so eager to go ... and Basil ... you're with me ... .'

*Chessie sketches a door in the wall of the room, opening a 'door' to the Savannah, and the detectives walk through it. Chessie walks through the door and it promptly disappears.*

Basil runs out of the bathroom upon hearing Louie's exclamation of seeing Figment going down. He hears Chessie say, "Tink, Pascal, and Mike ... since you're so eager to go ... and Basil ... you're with me ... .", and runs over to him to join the new search party.

Last edited:
*Louie getting nervous and anxious as things now seem to be going down hill fast. He yells for Abu who seems to have gotten lost in the closet. * "Hey Abu have you found anything yet?"

Aurora watches as Plutos body is laid on the towel and begins to take pictures of Pluto and the scene. She also takes a blood sample to send to the lab. If there is something in the water it will also show up in his blood.

Aurora watches as Louie sends figment to take the water sample to the lab. She calls out to see if he will take the blood sample too but he does not hear her.

Aurora gets the text from Archimedes seeing the woman and the flash. Just as she finishes reading the text she looks up and watches King Louie face turn from Smile to frown. She springs up and looks out the window to see figment is no longer in the air. She watches as Chessie and the other detectives go to the savannah. Aurora is sad that we have lost another detective. She decides to finish processing the bathroom. She will then look under the bed and in the drawers.

*Chessie and the group of detectives exits the 'door' that he created and walk out onto the Savannah. It still is quite dark and the detectives have an enormous area to cover.*

Chessie: 'Okay, here's what we know, which isn't much. Figment knows how to fly, but for some reason, fell from the sky. We need to find him, and quickly, but without putting ourselves at unnecessary risk. I suggest we split up ... Pascal and Mike, you go in that direction ... *Chessie points* ... Tink and Basil, you go in that way ... *Chessie points in another direction* ... and I'm going to search in that direction * Chessie points in a third direction.* I always can evaporate out of any difficult situaitons so I should be fine by myself ... and remain in constant contact if you find anything unusual or need assistance.'

*Chessie nods to the other detectives, wishing them luck, and heads off in his direction.*

Still finding no sign of Figment, Basil turns to Tink. "Why don't you take to the air search high and I will remain low and search under the foliage." Basil produces his flashlight and begins a careful, if not frantic, search for their fallen teammate.

Last edited:
*Basil is visibly frightened as a large feline suddenly appears out of the shadows.*

thumbnail-2.jpg

"Hello my small bite size detective. I have gotten word that you are having trouble finding the killer of my dear departed nephew. Nala has asked me to come lend a paw to the investigation, but I always have had trouble thinking on an empty stomach. Would you like to join me for an early morning snack? No...Oh well....Now normally I wouldn't waste my time with something like this, but it is obvious that idiot Louie will never solve this and he calls himself King. It also seems that whoever this killer is she has interest in my kingdom. That's right, now that Simba is gone...it's all mine."

Back