• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
OOC* A new minimum post count will start here....5 in 60 hours please.....with several upcoming clues, two crime scenes, a new character and a trivia upcoming that should be easy

images

Basil instinctively draws his pistol and aims at the ominous, shadowy figure of Scar. It only takes an instant to realize the futility of his weapon against such a massive target, so Basil aims for the only weak spot he feels he can exploit in this situation....his eye. As he hears Scar's speech, he feels he's not in immediate danger, at least not at this particular moment, and lowers his pistol.

"Your kingdom? *Ahem* I see. It would seem some have benefitted nicely from Simba's untimely passing. But you say this killer has her eye on your supposed royal claim? What evidence of such a conspiracy do you have, Scar?"

Last edited:
Scar-the-lion-king-2801553-576-336.jpg

*Scar looks hngrily at Basil* "You question me? Brave for such a small appetizer...I mean fellow. I mean ....why else would anyone kill my nephew, Mr. goodie to shoes, except to take over his kingdom. Now let's find this purple dragon thingie before I get bored and use you for a toothpick."

Archimedes almost makes it to the lobby and sees Figment fall in the distance. He arrives in time as the detectives split up, and watch from afar to make sure everything is secure. He sees Basil approached by something else, and goes in closer to observe. Finding that it is scar, he proceeds with caution and stays hidden in the branches of a nearby tree.

Basil reluctantly resumes his search with his newfound "help". He tries to scan the sky every once in a while for a sign of Tink, hoping that Scar has failed to notice her earlier. He hopes she has seen and heard what has transpired between himself and the menacing monarch. He puts his pistol in his coat pocket, but keeps a hand on it...just in case.

Tink looks down to see Scar harasssing Basil. Tink flies down hard and fast but stops short as she hears Scar saying he is trying to help. Scar trying to help?! Now thats a good one. she quickly flies into view of Basils side vision but out of the line of sight for Scar to let Basil know she is there and is ready to pull some hair if she needs to.

Abu begins his search of the closet by climbing up to the top shelf first and rummaging around in the spare linens. Not finding anything he begins to climb down when a pile of pillows falls over and knocks him to the floor. Abu is a bit dazed from the fall and the pillows covering him seem to be muffling outside noises so Abu does not hear the current commotion going on outside. Once the dizziness passes, Abu crawls out of the pillows to continue searching. However, he sees two things that seem to have also fallen with the pillows. One item is a BLACK FEATHER and the other is a note. Abu comes out of the closet to find someone who can read to give the note to. Spotting Aurora he hands her the note and she reads:

KIARA IS GONE NEVER TO BE FOUND
NO ONE LEFT TO WEAR THE CROWN
TOMORROW THIS KINGDOM IS MINE AT LAST
YOU ALL SHOULD LEAVE, YOUR TIME IS PAST

Archimedes watches solemnly as the others search for Figment. He begins to look over all the clues, and a trigger goes off. He needs to go to the lab. Forgetting that the hunt for another detective is on, he heads off to check up on old clues.

*OOC - Ooh, I have a movie to watch... gotta make sure these clues fit!

Last edited:
*Chessie is off on his own, with no idea what is happening between Basil and Scar. He had received one text from Tink, indicating that they hadn't found anything yet. He responded back with a brief thanks for the update and encouraged her to keep looking. Suddenly he comes across a large, shadowy part of the Savannah with what looks like a purple dragon lying under a tree.*

Chessie (softly, to himself): 'What could kill the Figment of imagination?'

*Chessie texts Tink, Basil, Mike, and Pascal, letting them know that he found Figment and his location and starts investigating the crime scene right away.*

Tink gets Chessies text and lets him know that they will be there soon and fills him in on Scar joining the party. Tink flies up to Basil startling Scar to tell them that figment has been found and that they need to get to the scene. Tink flies off ahead of them eager to get to the next clue.

Before Tink takes off, Basil motions to sprinkle him and take her with him as he is not very comfortable with his new search partner. Getting dusted, Basil then takes the fair fairy's hand and they both lift skyward. He looks back at Scar and says, "Try to keep up, your 'majesty'!".

He looks back at Tink and says, "I really need to watch what I say to that one. If the killer doesn't do me in, I'm thinking that one certainly will."

Tink looks at Basil "true, you do need to watch what you say to that one, he is liable to twist your words around and make you eat them before he eats you." " he does seem concerned about the killer taking over the kingdom though, so it seems we are safe for a bit." togher they fly to where chessies grin is seen shining thru the trees and land by Figment. tink starts to look for what could have gotten figment.

As Archimedes makes it to the lab, he is devastated to yet again find it completely empty. "These lab techs never get any work done!" He turns around in a huff and heads back to join the others in looking for Figment.

*OOC ARGH!!! Got through the entire movie... was missing two clues!

0670200a.jpg

Back to the drawing board.

*Chessie's investigation of the crime scene is interrupted by a text from Tink, informing him that Scar has joined the party. Chessie's eyebrow raises at this latest development, but he quickly puts his phone away and returns to examining Figment's body. A closer look reveals why Figment fell from the sky ... an arrow with a RED FEATHER for a shaft is embedded in his chest.*

Chessie (hearing that Tink, Basil, Pascal, Mike, and Scar have arrived, without turning around): 'This is why Figment fell ... he was shot out of the sky. I knew he could fly better than that.'

*Chessie puts his hand to stop one of the detectives from removing the arrow.*

Chessie: 'No, I'll remove the arrow just as soon as we're done photographing the scene for headquarters and the other detectives.'

*Chessie pulls out a camera and starts taking pictures.*

thumbnailCA3VDLPK.jpg

*Scar seeing Tink and Basil take off and try to avoid him tag along begins running behind. In the distance he sees Chessie and goes over to where everyone is starting to gather. Speaking to Chessie...."Finally someone who might have a little sense." *Looking down on the ground Scar sees a dead Figment*" Chessie--You shouldn't have...How nice to have a welcome meal."

868c_35.jpg

BACK IN THE HOTEL ROOM---King Louie sees Abu give Aurora a note. --"What you got there my primate cousin?"

*Chessie finishes sending the photos of the crime scene to King Louie and puts away his camera. He then looks up at Scar and grins that infamous and unnerving grin that means everything and nothing; even Scar is a bit disconcerted by it and the other detectives are extremely glad that they decided to remain in the background.*

Chessie: 'Oh, I don't know about that ... most everyone's mad here ... (starts to fade out briefly, then returns to his solid state) ... . And you may have noticed that in this case, if you shoot an arrow into the air, it goes into a dragon and they both fall to the ground.'

*Before Scar can completely lose his temper, Chessie gestures to the arrow with the RED FEATHER shaft still embedded in Figment.*

Chessie: 'Here, let me just pull this out and ... .'

*As Chessie pulls out the arrow, the FEATHER suddenly bursts into flames. Chessie drops the flaming arrow before he can get burned, but only ashes fall to the ground - the entire thing, and any remaining evidence, has burned up in the fire.*

Mike is still mourning the loss of another detective and is not welcoming to Scar's arrival at the scene.

'Who brought this little ***** along?' Mike sniggers to Pascal.

Mike is interested that Figment was killed by an arrow. 'I wonder if this clue is very significant' he ponders.

Basil smiles wryly as the grinning feline deftly handles Scar's verbal jabs. Then he pays close attention as Chessie removes the arrow from the fallen dragon, only to see it burst into flames and ash.

"Good heavens! What black magic was weaved into this lethal missle?" He dons his gloves, turns on this flashlight and approaches the ash pile with utmost caution...

thumbnailCAXCZ16N.jpg

*Scar overhears Mike's comment and quickly shows why he should be feared.* "Roar!! What did you say? I would watch my mouth if I were you. Eyeballs are my favorite delicacy afterall."*Before Scar can make good on his threat he is surprised by the arrow suddenly bursting intyo flame.*

Figment's ghost suddenly appears.
"It was all so quick. Please find whoever did this."

OOC: I had to stop playing the game so I had a guess as to who to accuse. I accused Maid Marion. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the game.

Tink watches as the arrow burst into flames and disappear into a pile of ashes. then the ghost of figment appears with the info that it was not maid marion. Hmmm tinks #1 suspect isnt a suspect at all, but then tink has not had alot of time for behind the scene sleuthing and research. Tink warily looks at scar, staying out of reach while looking at the scene. thinking of the evidence found so far, a brown feather, a red feather, brown grey fur, white fur, lots of fur and feathers but no leaves or twigs yet. a female from 1970 or after, not always human and not maid marion. Tink wonders what will happen next.

Mike laughs off Scar's comments, but is relieved his eye is stil intact!

Mike gets a good view of the flame bursting in to flames, seeing he has the biggest eye around!

'Black magic... yummy! They're my favourit chocolates' Mike jokes

'But seriously, who is using these devilish tricks?' he asks!

louieswing3.gif

*King Louie recieves a mail from Tink updating him on the situation and the fact that Scar has joined the group. He gets information that Scar thinks he is next in line for the crown and also info about the latest clue. He sends a text back to Tink to share with that group.*

BE CAREFUL IN TRUSTING ANYTHING THAT WANNA BE KING SAYS. THE SUN IS BEGINNING TO RISE AND EVEN THOUGH WE ALL HAVEN'T HAD ENOUGH SLEEP ANOTHER DAY IS SOON TO BEGIN. BAG THOSE ASHES. MY GROUP WILL BRING WHAT EVIDENCE WE HAVE AND UPDATE YOU WHEN WE MEET UP. EVERYONE MEET AT THE FRONT GATES OF THE ANIMAL KINGDOM. SEE YOU SOON

*Louie turns to his group.*
"Ok everyone follow me. I know you are tired, but I really want to catch this killer before we are all dead.

Mike wonders wether he will have enought time to go on Everest day. However he doubts that very much.

He picks up Pascal and decides to make their way to the front gates.

Mike is very interested to hear of any updates from the lab....

After Tink passes on the info to the detectives gathered around figment, she bags the ashes and flies off to the lab with the vial of toilet water she found in figments tightly coiled claw, poor figgy to the death he protected the evidence. once tink gets to the lab she hands over the evidence and tells the techs to put a rush on it and if they need help they can call abby at the ncis lab.

Back