• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
Finishing his danish, Basil washes it down with the last bit of his tea. He puts away his journal and refreshes his pipe and lights it. He walks over the others and addresses Scar.

th_basil_528.jpg

"Scar, old chap, it's obvious all our interests are deeply vested in this case. It really serves no purpose to continue this verbal jousting. I think cooperating in a slightly more civilized manner will help us find the killer before she can do more damage. Agreed?"

It is at this time that Tink flies up and begins plucking Scar's whiskers out.

OOC - Sorry, I was searching for a pic and didn't realize that Kate posted when I posted this.

Last edited:
scar02.gif

*Scar is slightly annoyed by the toublesome pixie. He easily picks her up by her wings and dips her into his coffee. He then flicks her across the room and into a coffee cup on a nearby shelf.*

Statue_Tinkerbell-TheRoseDelight.jpg

*Taking a sip of his coffee, he quickly spits it out.* "I guess what I heard about pixies being sweet was wrong. And little lady you shuld watch your manners with me. I make Captain Hook look like a second rate villain."

Aurora watches as tink starts pulling at Scar and as he flicks her across the room. AGAIN Aurora addresses Scar. "I am not kidding you are not the only royalty around here. You need to appologize to Tinkerbell or I will have my faires turn you pink!" "Who is it again who sent you to help us?"

alittlebirdie.jpg

Last edited:
Basil scurries up the counter and grabs as many napkins as he can and goes over to help Tink out of the cup and offers her the napkins to dry off. "Ghastly beast, that one! I think it best we stay clear of him until we get this case solved. THEN we will see what we can do about his claim to the throne. I, for one, will not rest until this kingdom sees an heir that is truly worthy of it."

*Chessie, who had been sitting back with his usual grin on his face as Tink stormed over and started pulling out Scar's whiskers. His grin widened as Scar grabbed the pixie, dunked her in coffee, and then hurled her across the Coffee Shop. He soon realised that he had to duck, and duck quickly, if he didn't want to get hit by a pixie projectile. He quickly fades out so Tink passes through the space that he was in and reappears.*

Chessie (still grinning, to Scar): 'Now why would you think that pixies would taste sweet? It's logical, really, that they wouldn't; things that look sweet should taste sweet, things that look bitter should taste bitter, things that look completely artificial, like a cosmetic surgeon's masterpiece, should taste ... well, you get the idea ... .'

*Chessie passes Scar the container of sugar before turning to Basil and Tink.*

Chessie: 'First, wouldn't you say that verbal jousting is better than physical jousting? And I wouldn't say the verbal jousting serves no purpose ... it is highly entertaining and it does get any and all animosity within our party out in the open. But more to the point ... you may stay clear of Scar, but will he steer clear of you?'

*Chessie grins and turns back to studying his notes.*

As Archimedes enters the small coffee shop, all he sees are detectives and guests bickering over coffee, tea, and sweeteners. Rolling his eyes, he doesn't bother with such nonsense and leaves straight away. There are better things to look after, and a killer still to catch.

Scar-the-lion-king-2801553-576-336.jpg

"Why thank you Chessie. I am glad someone is civilized around here."

*Meanwhile over at DFi lab King Louie has turned in the most recent evidence. He gets excited as the lab group gives him updates on two pieces of past evidence.*
louie7.gif

"Woo hooo--The group is gonna like this. It may even be what breaks the case. I better get over there and join them for some breakfast. I could really use a banana nut muffin."

*King Louie's excitement is interupted as sirens,lights and alarms suddenly start going off in the lab. *

OOC*A trivia chance is coming up within the next 30 minutes.

OOC::LOL--Sorry about that...here it is in three parts.

TRIVIA
What kind of tree is the largest REPLANTED tree in the park?Where is it located? and How much did it weigh when it was replanted?

*OOC Had to beat Tink!! For once.......

1) Oak (Or Boabab.... depending on who you ask)
2) Harambe Village
3) 90-92 Tons depending on who you ask ;)

*OOC2 I'm stumped on the killer at the moment, so I'll take requests as to what the question will be. Anything anyone is dying to know?

Last edited:
OOC* Your answers are correct--the first one was tough because I found sources that listed both also--so ask your question here if you want to share or PM me if you want the extra secret time

Last edited:
*One of the lab techs come running over to Louie* "King Louie we have a situation in Harambe village. W are not sure what has happened, but one of the CMs just called security. They found ...well I can't say it...esecially to you. They found someone pinned to the boabab tree with a long knife or sword...not sure which." *The tech walks off in tears*

*King Louie's joy has disappeared and he texts his detectives.*

EVERYONE TO THE BOABAB TREE IN HARAMBE VILLAGE--RIGHT AWAY...AND CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PICK ME UP A BANANA NUT MUFFIN.

*Scar gets up from the table having recieved a text from Louie.* "Chessie shall we go see what that Xtra large baboon is moanin and groanin about? As far as getting him a muffin, I'm not a waiter and he could use a few less calories anyway."

*With that Scar starts for the tree.*

OOC* I'm off to sleep now. I will try to wake up early and catchup. we will find out who is pinned to the tree and why. Maybe get a yes/no question. Updates from the lab on two past clues and a possible little shock(surprise)

Tink get up out of the cup of tea and Basil helps to dry her off. tink is steaming more than the tea at this time. She stands there silently fuming
pin38949
tink sits down for a bit
pin45629
while her mind whirls about what has just transpired. when all of a sudden they are summoned to action once again.

Tink flies off without a word to anyone. she arrives at the tree and starts to set up a perimeter to keep out the curious. She gets busy with the scene to keep from getting more upset with scars recent behavior. come to think of it who authorised his presence? is he even allowed at the scene's? is he even part of the investigative team. tink fires off a text to King louie with these questions hoping to bar scar from any further contact with the members of the team.

Aurora gets the text from Louie and thinks to herself that it is too early for this. When does this killer sleep!! Aurora gravs a muffin for Louie and asks Tink if she is ok. Aurora then heads off to see what the new scene will bring.

*Chessie, who also had gotten King Louie's text about the Boabab tree, grins and nods in agreement with Scar. He knows that a few detectives don't like Scar, that the lion may or may not have just wandered into the party with or without an invitation, but he really doesn't care. The Cat is having way too much fun playing with the group tensions ... and he knows that having an intelligent member of the party may help get this case solved faster, even if not everyone gets along.*

Chessie: 'Now play nicely ... I'll meet you at the tree.'

*Chessie fades out to his trademark grin before disappearing completely and reappearing at the tree, waiting patiently for the other detectives to arrive.*

*King Louie gets a text from Tink about Scar's behavior just as he arrives at the tree. He sees Tink on the far side of the tree and decides to go over and talk, but before he can he spots what had been the reason for the CMs call. He can't believe his eyes.* "TINK...Over here." *He then sees that other detectives are beginning to arrive at the scene*

"Everyone stay back for just a minute. Another of our detectives has been killed. It's my furry little cousin Abu." *Chief Louie has to pull himself together as this one feels personal. There pinned to the tree with a long knife through his back is Abu. There is a note attached to the knife blade. King Louie is just about to carefully remove it when he is startled by Abu's ghost in the lower branch swinging a ghost sword and looking very angry.*

aladdin_09_sabre-2.jpg

OOC*Abu's death comes from a false accusation and cancels out the current minimum post count. Abu has a cle and the note will be revealed by me soon.

Basil finally arrives at the Boabab tree just in time to see Abu's ghost swinging the sword wildly.

"Yet another fallen member of our ranks."

He ignores the ghost for a moment and focuses his attention on the body and note pinned to the tree.

Tink comes around to the other side of the tree and looks to see if that nastly want to be lion is there and then she sees the body Of abu pinned to the tree. Tink gasps in horor and is more worried when the ghost of abu shows up swinging a sword. she quickly flies up and out of the way of it.

800px-Scar.jpg

*Scar comes upon the scene at the Boabo tree where he sees Tink fluttering around and Louie looking at the monkey pinned to the tree.*

"Louie would you get that sprite under control before I have to." *Scar sits down as others begin looking around the scene.* "These paws don't do menial labor. afterall there is royal blood in these veins."

Tink hears what scar had to say and tells louie to get rid of that old fleabag as he is Not a detective and his paws are good for nothing. tink has a few things for scar....
pin65303
and
pin71966
Tink gets back to work and has security take old fleabag back behing the perimeter where he belongs.

Back