• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts
Scar opens up the email and sees that it is from the head of the DIA team.*

Doc1-1.jpg

MESSAGE[ After clearing the rubble and removing Kaa's body we have made two discoveries. One- We found a GOLDEN COLOR THREAD and TWO- We found the schedule and route info for the morning parade. Also the schematics for what looks like the Grand Marshals car.

OOC* This may be a double post..I thought that I had already posted it, but it didn't show up. I'm off to bed and tomorrow is a long ork day. I will post when I can.

*From ghost Chip's vantage point, he see's Chief Scar motioning for the detectives to follow him backstage. Scurring down the Train Station western side ramp, he passes through the backstage door by Package Pickup not having to wait for it to open. Now backstage he makes it though behind CityHall and the Fire Station, colorful floats are in place and CM's seem to be getting ready for a parade. "Hmm the Floats are already in place for the "Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it Parade."

Scar and the other detectives are underneath a huge green umbrella, trying to escape the florida heat. Making his way past the parade floats he makes it under the umbrella just as Scar's Cell Phone rings

Puma listens as Scar reads out his email.

"Hmmmm gold thread. I think that fits. We'd better check out the parade."

OOC: Have we found out who Kaa accused?

Tink listens as Scar reads the email to everyone. "I dont like the sound of finding the schedule and route map for the parade! nor the schematics for the grand marshals car! who is supposed to be the grand marshal today? we need to stop the parade and find that car!! but which parade time? Maybe if we put gaurds on the car after we check it out carefully! but we dont have much time!! we cant make him suspicious that we are on to anything or we cant catch him in the act! Tink flies off to look for the car.

MPH didn't sleep well. Knowing he had a meet and greet, he kept having this recurring dream where guests pull his pieces apart and put him together crazy-like...like he sees in some of the merchandise shops. Then he has this nightmare:

photo.jpg

He is tired and happy to head off stage. He hears Scar say something about a gold thread and a parade float. MPH to the other detectives: "Let's head to the float storage building and inspect it before the parade starts. We don't want anything getting 'on stage' that the public shouldn't see."

OOC: Thanks! I was able to use the pic in the post.

**OOC Hope this never happens to you MPH!!!

Last edited:
*Ethereal Chip listens as Chief Scar lists off two new clues: one a golden colored thread; the other are schematics for the GrandMarshall's Car for the upcoming "Celebrate A Dream Come True" Parade at 12:30 and 3:00. Marching bands and pre-parade 30 minutes prior each parade
MKmap.jpg

"Chief Scar, Entertainment, Main Street Ops, and Security should be notified about a possible Sabotage attempt on the next parade. Who knows what havoc would happen if something were to happen onstage."
MPH tells the other Detectives about searching the Car which is found at the Parade Float Production Center, which is found backstage behind Splash Mountain. "Agreed, this road will take us backstage and under the railroad tracks to the Production Center. We should be able to investigate the GM's car or have Entertainment search it for us."

Iago, upon hearing about the two new nuggets of information, starts the wheels in his head turning. Golden thread; Iago is really working on on this and not paying attention to where he's flying. Suddenly, he looks around and finds himself caught in a flock of pigeons. How did he get to the Boardwalk?

Sighing, he turns back to the North (he thinks) and rapidly flaps in that direction looking for the parade staging area. He doesn't mind the heat of Florida, having lived in the desert for years, but the humidity is oppressive. He is scouring the ground for a tossed lemon slushie, but only sees the man-made lakes.

He would hate to see an explosion during the parade, and he redoubles his effort and concentration. However, he's paying more attention to his destination this time.

Rafiki is still in the castle suite, unsure where to go to find the other detectives. He does not want to wander around randomly especially now that the park is open again.

I really need to catch up with the others and get an update. Time to text Pumbaa and see if he knows what is going on and where everyone is.

*Chessie listens to Scar update the detectives with what the dwarves found that the planned parade route. Like his colleagues, he suspects something is not quite right, but he isn't sure of what it is and he doesn't want to cause any unnecessary alarm or alert the killer that they're on to his next plan. The Cat decides to turn invisible and start searching the parade route for anything out of the ordinary.*

NEW POST COUNT STARTS HERE~~4 in 55 hours. I will post more asap to get us going... but I'm at work right now.. posting this while the kids read. lol. Nex5 trivia at page 25 on my PC~ curren5ly on page 23.

Tink walks inconspiciously dressed as a tourist to blend in. once in a shop near to where the parade starts she borrows a cm costume and goes backstage with another cm. when she nears the car she slpis under the car and begins to look for any tampering.

* Back in the production center, much of the floats are already lined up to leave along with the parade crew and tugs. He notes how in plainsite Tink Is dressed in a neon green t-shirt marked "floater" on the front already inspecting the GM' car. Talking to one of the CMs [cool costume, is it a prototype for the night parade?] "We need to talk to the Production Manager immediately, we believe the GM car may have been tampered with.

*Scar arrives behind the scenes. He gives very specific instructions that every inch of the GM car. He sees concern on the face of the father whose family has been chosen to be the special GMs for the day. Scar walks over and makes small talk. *

SCAR: " I heard your family has come all the way from Japan. How is life after the Big Earthquake ? "

*The father just knods. He is not used to talking with a lion and is still worried watching the detectives checking the car. Scar notices.*

Scar: "Oh that. Just a routine check."

* Still invisible, Chessie starts investigating the parade route, looking for anything out of the ordinary. The Cat notes that Tink, now dressed like a CM, has slipped backstage and Scar is talking with the family chosen as Grand Marshal. Figuring that the GM car is covered by Tink and Scar, Chessie starts checking out other vehicles used in the parade.*

Kevin leaves the group and trys to find the stagging area for the parade...she is a little confused as to where to go and while she is looking she over hears a child say

*mum theirs Kevin...*

but before Kevin can hear the rest of the sentence she zooms off and ducks into a random store when she see's tink heading through with a CM so she decides to follow her.

She see's the car that needs to be looked at and begins the search.. she decides to look inside the car and under the seats to see if anything is hidden there...

*As Ghost Chip observes the other detectives investigating the GM-mobile, He decides to watch the other floats as they are parked into place. Off to the side, dancers and characters are getting prepared as the floats are parked on by one in parade formation. By the railroad backstage railroad crossing, he stops as he observes a CM stopping traffic from coming in while the floats are being parked. Suddenly there is a lot of radio correspondence as a moving truck hastily tries to make it's way past the blocked area. Barely stopped, the entertainment manager angrily berates the driver for endangering the lives of the entertainment cast and crew. Begrudged, the driver just yells that he's just doing his job and that he needs to get through immediately.

Just as Anton Ego sorts out the problem with the broken shoelace, he finds that the meet and greet has already passed.

Bummer...

He goes into the backstage area to find several detectives "buzzing" over a car. Certainly not work in his expertise, he finds a place in the room to sit and wait for something more, exciting, to happen.

*As Chessie is carrying out his investigation of the cars invisibly, he is glad that he is able to get his task done without being seen. The Cat can hear that crowds are starting to develop, waiting for the parade to start - and quite a few of the guests have recognized some of the detectives who are carrying out their own investigations along the parade route, in the Main Street shops, and back stage. Chessie dearly hopes that they find what they are looking for before the parade starts - otherwise, with the crowds that have started to build, the outcome could be really bad.*

Puma tries to remain unobserved while trying to help. This is not easy for a warthog.

"I hope we find something before anything else goes wrong. "

Rafiki gets word to head to the backstage area as there is an issue with the Grand Marshal car. He quickly finds a route to get there that does not pass many guests.

As he is hurrying along to get to where the car is stored, he is thinking what could have happened to the car that would cause them to want to search it. I wonder if anyone has checked the boot (Trunk) as that is often the stereotypical place for bad things to happen in cars.

As Rafiki arrives he sees his old friend Pumbaa, "Hey Pumbaa, what's been checked on the car?"

Toad starts checking out the car. While Toad's driving may not show it, he is quite familiar with automobiles. The type Disney uses in the parades and main street are very similar to his own car. He does notice that there is more room in there to carry around all of his souvenirs.

Last edited:
*Chief Scar gets notice from his detectives that the car checks out clean and as far as they can tell there is no reason for the parade not to proceed as planned. He leads the chosen family to the GM car and loads them in. He also let's toad know that this is not his automobile, but that he is welcome to follow in his own vehicle as a guard down the parade route.*

DSCN0529.jpg

*With that the band begins to play and the parade begins to move from behind the gates near Big Thunder Mountain.*

SCAR* "Detectives blend in as best as you can. we need to keep an eye on things."

OOC* I know that the Million Dreams is old, but wanted to use this photo.

OOC2* Remember in order for a post to count it must be a minimum of 3 sentences and try to be part of the story.

Last edited:
Back