• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts
*Scar is frustrated that they did not find more out from the car, but he thanks Luigi anyway for the hard work. At first he thinks of returning to the crime scene where Belle was ran over, but he knows any evidence that may have been there was washed away from the storm. Pacing in circles he is trying to think of where to lead this group of what he considers misfits when his DFi Phone buzzes on silent mode.*

*Answering the phone*

"Hello...Yes this is the chief.... Where?....I see.....No No don't move her or touch anything...We are on our way.." *Click*

*To everyone else*

"Sorry everyone we have to head over to Splash Mountain. Someone has drained all the water from the attraction and they found...well I don't want to say until I see it for myself."

*Scar leads the group away from the speedway and towards Brer Rabbits Happy Place.*

Abu is happily stuffing his face full of bananas at the Main street bakery, completely unaware of any current situations.

OOC: out of town till Sat night.

The cold breeze enters the lab, Kaa's ghost does as he suggested to the others. Having no corporeal body to concern himself with,nor a regard at all for privacy or walls or doors for that matter. as he is now invisible at will.

AAh this is a handy trick, no wonder that cat likes it so much!!

measuring the feather in length and width Kaa makes a very carefull study of it exactly. So that he will know the shape and size exactly when and if he sees its like again. He also goes to the blue cloth and manages to remove a small fragment. To be used in field comparrisons with any other samples he encounters . Lastly he manages to obtain a tiny amount of the gold thread, this last is again to be used to compare to all samples he encounters in the field.

Now starting with the feather measurements, Kaa begins to systematically visit each feathered item in the park. Starting with all the feathers in Adventureland first. On every ride, in every shop , if the feather is in exsistance within the confines of the magic Kingdom Kaa is making a comparison. Those that match the "suspect " feather are collected. Those whose size and shape do not match are ignored.
Next he will go to wardrobe where he will again systematically examine each and every costume or uniform for samples to match the blue material found at the crime scene. Every branch of the wardrobe area is covered from holiday outfits to special events parade wardrobe. In short no clothing within the realm of the magic kingdom is to be uncompared.

Lastly the thread is sought, this time begining in wardrobe. The thread used by the wardrobe dept is studied for a match, the many places it may be used is to be listed and then considered for relavancy to the location discovered.

While this task is no doubt daunting for the novices he thinks, Kaa realizes that having nothing better to do for all time is far worse, he has nothing but time to waste, and if it helps the kitties kiddies so much the better.
After all they cannot disappear and walk thru walls,ok that wierd cat can, but hes not normal by a long shot anyway. They cant ......Kaa grins again, for the first time in the afterlife.... walk thru walls.. be invisible....plenty of time for that later.... but for now the ghost snake occupies himself with heeding his own advice... following the clues......

His opaque serpents head bobs to unheard strains of music, his ghostly form slithers upwards towards the rooms ceiling, the lab techs shiver and wonder if the morgue locker is left open again as an icy breeze blows across them....

and again the great snake wanders away alone....his ghostly voice reiciting over again and again,

find the killer follow the clue, find the killer follow the clue,
find the killer before he finds you.

Realizing this will take quite some time, Kaa becomes invisible and begins his daunting task. He awaits the lab results when the near herculean tasks are completed.

Some of the detectives are watching the crazy race as they round the last bend. Toad and Dodo run to the finish line to judge the winner. Mole and Dodo's transport are neck and neck. Iago catches up for a better look, but gets a hair too close. Dodo's transport swerves and runs into Mole's lane. Mole swerves and tips his car. The three tumble into a heap and look up to realize they are just a few inches short of the finish line and that the goat has also tumbled out of the car. Toad and Dodo announce "And the winner is.........MOLE, by a goat!"
The others brush themselves off and regroup with the rest of the detectives.

Scar comes by and tells them to get back to work and to head over to Splash Mountain.

Toad and crew head off.

Tink gathers herself together after laughing at the impromptu race and flies quickly over to splash mountain to see what is happening over there. she dreads finding out who is under the water there. knowing only it is a female under water. hmmm he is not killing princes well at least not yet. i wonder why??

*Scar notices the idiot antics of the detectives racing around the raceway as he exits to go to Splash Mountain. Losing his patience he gives a commanding roar. *
"Stop this foolishness now. We have another murder and anothet scene to get to!!"

Kevin followed scar until she found food and didnt notice she was late and started to pick up her pace and while she on her way she saw Scar going the opposite way and though if he is heading that way then which way should she go... she opts to follow scar and hopes she doesnt get drowsy or hungry this time following him as she cant afford to fall behind...

*Chessie, who had disappeared and reappeared at Splash Mountain, heard a commotion coming from around the raceway at the exit. Curious, he went to see what was going on and he found the detectives racing. Before he could say anything, Scar also appeared and yelled at the detectives to stop the nonsense and get to the crime scene.*

Chessie (grinning widely): 'I'd suggest making Scar really angry, but you've gone and done that already. We already have one crime scene here, so let's not risk contaminating it by pushing him too far that he snaps and resorts to murder ... at least, not here and not before the current mystery is solved. We don't want to be working two cases at once.'

*With that, the Cat turns and follows Scar back into the attraction, to the crime scene.*

Rafiki get the news that there has been something untoward happening at Splash Mountain. I guess we has better head over there.

That rain was interesting it reminded me of the rain that helped rejuvenate pride rock after Scar's reign, maybe it's a sign that his reign as chief is over soon. I do hope so.

As Rafiki heads to Splash Mountain his mind travels to go over the clues again. This killer certainly does not want to get caught.

Iago, in his carefree manner, shrugs off Scar's admonition, and starts flapping toward Adventureland. Despite being warned that the ride was turned off, he's never seen the flume dry. In his mind, he imagines the ride running with blood and shudders. He really needs to stop horsing around and focus on the case.

As he begins circling Splash Mountain, he looks for things out of place. Aside from a lack of water, he doesn't notice anything unusual. Who will be found below?

Dodo checks his transport and assistant for injuries and dust them off. Darn that Iago, the race was nearly won. Dodo hands the $20 over to Toad and grudingly congratulates him on his victory. Scar is now roaring about their antics so Dodo whispers to them to get moving. They head off toward Splash Mountain. Dodo wonders who the next victim might be. So far we have lost Jasmine, Rapunzel Ms. Bianca, Belle, and now a new victim. Oh, and let's not forget all the poor little bugs who died a horrible death on the bulldozer windshielf. So many deaths....and the killer is still out there, wrecking havoc upon more innocent beings. Dodo realizes that they have arrived at Splash Mountain and slowly leaves his mount.

While Dodo waits for the other detectives to gather, he mentally reviews his notes. He is trying to focus his brain on the blue cloth, but it is such a common color. It could be just about anyone. His suspect list is now empty and apparently so is his brain. Heaving a sigh, he decides to wait for Scar and see who our victim might be and if there are any clues.

360825626_ae0e7966f3_z.jpg

*Finally the detectives have made their way over to Splash mountain. They are a little surprised to find the attraction without running water, but it confirms that something is not right at the scene.*

sm2-1.jpg

*As detectives near the attraction they see Brer Rabbit hanging out the window.*

"It's about time you guys got here. Come on in..do I have a tale to tell."

*Detectives make their way inside where Brer Rabbit is waiting.*
4112112765_5b7e4aef9c_b.jpg

BRER RABBIT:

"Let me tell you my tale and as I do we can walk and I will show you what I found. It all started this morning...I called in a breakfast order to be delivered from aunt polly. You know just the usual eggs and grits and a side order of Georgia peach pie. When the delivery guy showed up he left it outside the door and rang the bell. I really don't like to be disturbed in the morning and just have an arrangement to the bill at the end of the week. You know us southerners like a simple way of life. Anyway when I brought in the tray and opened it, this is what I saw."

uminosachi-maguro-vert.jpg

"Now I've heard of sushi before, but there is no way I'm gonna eat it. I mean the only way I like my fish is battered and deep fried. Well I left the house to go down and see why there was a mixup. Not complain mind you. You know southern hospitality and all--We really do mean it when we say Ya'll come back you hear. Then I noticed that the river had dried up. At first I thought it might be Brer fox up to his sly tricks or possibly Brer beaver over doing it a bit. My curiousity got the best of me, just like that time with the Tar baby, and I decided to walk down the river bed. That's when I spotted her"
*Brer Rabbit points to a very dead Ariel lying in the dried up riverbed. A chunk of her mermaid tail has been cut out.*

29-1.jpg

"When I saw her tail I realized just where that sushi came from and well to say the least I lost my appetite. I called you right away."

*Scar listening intently struggles to understand because of the rabbit's southern accent, but when he sees Ariel he gets the point.*

SCAR*"Detectives spread out and search every inch of this attraction!!"

"OH NO," cries Dodo, "Not Airel too!" He is much distressed to see her poor little body lying in the dried out flume. How sad and disturbing. How could the killer mutilate the victims like that? First Rapunzel as lunch and now Ariel as breakfast. Is there no end to the madness???? Dodo hears Scar tell everyone to fan out and look for clues. Dodo sadly waddles away from her lifeless body and takes out his trusty magnifying glass and begins the search.

Iago, being a bird, loves seafood, but not this. He is disgusted, appalled, and stunned when he hears the news and see Ariel lying still. Determining the cause of death should be important. She couldn't have drowned, since she was a mermaid with her tail. Did she die from a fall? Iago flies to the top of the chute looking for evidence of a scuffle....

Tink sees Scar arrive and flies down to the group of others that show up shortly after. she hears what Brer Rabbit says and sees the sushi and turns pale as she knows what that means. when they find the body Tink nearly loses it. Both her sanity and her lunch. She is no longer craving sushi and will stick to nectar instead! she looks around the plate and the body for clues.

Chip looks on at the crime scene and mutters to himself. "Another dead princess..." That officially only leaves Snow White, Aurora, and Tiana, Pocohantas and Mulan. What does the killer have against the Princess Franchise?

OOC- Currently sitting down in my hotel at WDW and thought I'd look this up. I got the trivia right? I was traveling by car and must have missed the memo, a blackberry isn't really the most reliable internet device around.

While looking around Splash Mountain (which doesn't really splash without water) Dodo mulls over the clues in his head. Could the glint of a metallic substance be maybe a hook? Suddenly he realizes that Iago is right - a mermaid can't drown, but in her human form she could. Was she being drowned and changed herself back into a mermaid in a futile effort to save her life? Well, that didn't go so well, thinks Dodo.

Dodo's poor little brain is now bouncing around inside his skull like a ping pong ball. Too many clues, too many deaths, not enough time. He takes a deep breath and tries to settle his brain down. One thing at a time he repeats to himself. Right now, look for clues to who callously murdered Ariel. Dodo starts waddling around Splash Mountain looking for some sign of the killer ---- or of Kiara. Everyone seems to have forgotten about her in the hunt for the killer. Would the murderer consider her royalty and if so, is she safe?

Kevin is a little shocked to find yet another princess has been murdered as well asa little quesy that Ariel has been used for Sushi which she finds horrible and feels for king triton who will be so shocked to hear the news.

When Scar tells the detectives to spread out and look for clues she decides to look up the ramp to see if anything is up there..

OOC * Im not familiar with the ride so I hope there is a ramp the ride goes down or up lol

MPH arrives at Splash Mountain just in time to hear Brer Rabbit explain the morning's events. "Curiouser and Curiouser, wouldn't you say, Chessie?" MPH asks the cat. MPH pulls out his detective kit and starts looking for evidence and a note.

Anton arrives at Splash Mountain and begins to hear a rabbit babble. Not a word is comprehended through that mundane accent, but Anton finds that he is staring at an abandoned plate of sushi. What a waste.

Rafiki arrives closely behind Anton and listens to Brer Rabbit story about the sushi and poor Ariel. This is really not good, ok we need to look for clues.

Rafiki then catches sight of Ariel's body and recoils in horror. We need to be careful and ensure that we don't disturb any evidence.

Back