• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts
*Chessie just grins at Scar, completely unruffled by his attitude.*

Chessie (grinning mischeviously): 'Well, Scar, we all have to go our own ways, even if those ways happen to be the same. But by all means get this new information to the lab as it could be the case breaker, as you said ... or it could just break the case. But as for the other detectives going their own ways ... '

*Chessie's voice trails off as the Cat starts to fade out.*

Chessie: 'Right now, it should be up to them as to whether their ways are your ways ... .'

*With that, the Cat completely disappears.*

*Chessie just grins at Scar, completely unruffled by his attitude.*

Chessie (grinning mischeviously): 'Well, Scar, we all have to go our own ways, even if those ways happen to be the same. But by all means get this new information to the lab as it could be the case breaker, as you said ... or it could just break the case. But as for the other detectives going their own ways ... '

*Chessie's voice trails off as the Cat starts to fade out.*

Chessie: 'Right now, it should be up to them as to whether their ways are your ways ... .'

*With that, the Cat completely disappears.*

Dodo sees Tink sprinkle Kiara with pixie dust. Tink takes her little paw (well, not so little) and off they go. Dodo decides that asking his transport to fly him along would be unfair labor practice, so he simply put it in high gear and zooms along the ground. Looking up occasionally to be sure they are still there, he heads with the rest of the detectives to the Lost Children's Center.

Dodo is pondering the clues in his head and believes the most important ones have yet to be discovered. The lab has told us nothing about the blue cloth, nothing about the dark red fabric, and now they have a feather to analyze. Perhaps they need to hire more assistants. That knowledge could be crucial to our investigation thinks Dodo. Scar has assured us that he will come back with answers and Dodo hopes that is indeed true.

Iago, still proud about his finding Kiara, loses himself in his own grandeur and begins bragging to nobody in particular about the quality of his detective-work. He's flapping and flying and squawking, not even thinking about where he was headed. ZOOOM! It's a good thing Tink is nimble, b/c Iago almost ran wing-first into her and...Kiari? How is she airborne? Oh, pixie-dust.
He decides to follow the group to whereever they are headed (he doesn't realize it's the lost children repository).

IN THE LAB*

thumbnail-2.jpg

thumbnailCAPXFNAE.jpg

thumbnailCAO0V8TH.jpg

thumbnailCAM57DJT.jpg

thumbnailCAH0HZ5E.jpg

thumbnailCAC0JU2S.jpg

thumbnailCABPIYSH.jpg

thumbnailCA963QXF.jpg

thumbnailCA6O5O39.jpg

thumbnailCA4M3LLR.jpg

thumbnailCAZZCXJS.jpg

*Scar walks into the lab and his jaw drops at what he sees. From wall to wall there are feathers, blue material and gold thread everywhere. The lab techs are running around frantically*

Beeker.jpg

"BEEk,,MEEK BEEK>BEEPP>EEK"

*Scar walks over and takes the lab techs jacket in his large paw.* "WHAT IS ALL THIS???!!!"

*The other lab tech walks over and begins to explain.*
bunsen-honeydew.jpg

"Don't blame us. It was that slimey, slobbering, serpentine, slithering spirit...Kaa....he had ALL THIS sent to the lab and now we are so backed up we will never catch up."
thumbnailCAXCZ16N.jpg

*Scar begins to loose his temper.*" THAT REPTILE IS LUCKY HE IS DEAD!!! OR I WOULD KILL HIM!!"

*Scar-- "Ok drop all of this NOW!! I want you to analyze this feather and I want it now!! I will not leave until you can tell me atleast something." *Scar hands the feather over*
ostrich_feather_black.jpg

bunsen-honeydew.jpg

LABTECH* "Well just looking at it I can tell you that it doesn't come from the same species as the first feather from the first crime scene. This one is much larger. Hold on I will put it in the spectromagnianalyzinator."

*Scar moves to the side and sits to wait*

Tink suddenly hear a loud obnoxious voice and looks in time to see iago barreling down on her and Kiera and quickly move out of the way! she shakes her fist at him and tells him to watch where he is going. tink continues her journey with kiera. they are almost there now, but she hasnt seen nala yet.

bunsen-honeydew.jpg

IN THE LAB*

LAB TECH* "That is weird. Let me run it again."

Scar overhears and asks...."What is weird?"

LT*"Well I can only tell you limited info without more time. But it seems that this feather has two kinds of DNA. One of them matches the brown fur found earlier, but the feathers DNA doesnt match the white hair which also has the same Dna pattern as the fur. I ahve never seen anything like this."

*Scar is confused, but waits for more clarification.*

Up in the air near the lost kids area Tink finally spots Nala nervously pacing back and forth. Tink flies down with Kiera who doesnt want to go down back to earth. Tink tells her that her mother has been very worried about her and has been looking for her for a long time. Tink lands near Nala and watches as Nala and Kiera reunite with tears in her eyes. Tink tells Nala to go ahead and take her home where she should be safe again with the pride.

Scar sits and waits, vaguely aware that he is hearing a tune, soft and very very gentle, almost a lullabuy,, Its just hard for the great cat to figure out where its coming from? No that lab tech isnt singing?
The radio stations in Orlando dont play that music, even Disney Radio doesnt play lullabuys.?? How odd..

A gossemer type shadow moves down from above, transparent and yet still of substance...

The form drifts amorphously, lacking shape like a distortion caused by heat in the air, just a shimmer ...

The cloud or shimmer begins to take form above the lead detective, his great mane seems to move in a slight unseen breeze, the air around him drops a few degrees in tempature, but in his anger.. or his impatience. He barely notices........

"Ssscar, over hear pleassse?!"

I think you will find that thisss isss more than a pile of ussselesss pssudeo evidence... let the techniciansss do thier jobsss,
Sssleep,,,
Excusse me , your ssslouching"

The ghost snake manuvers above Scars great head, keeping his eyes fixed on the lion, even while completely inverting himself, all the while he continues his singsong patter to the new CI.
" You have ssso much rage built into you dont you dear kitty,, why its posssitively driving you mad inssside..
Relax.. Sssleep..
Your eyesss are ssso heavy, itsss been daysss sssince you ssslept at all,
Ssserene, ssserendipitous, sssupreeme sssleep...."

The large cats eyes begin to waver, his great shoulders and lined face visibly begin to relax and ease..
His tail flicks once, twice and then lies still,

"sssleep the grassp of Orpheusss is apon you...."

It only takes a moment longer and the exhausted lion is slumped to the floor, light but steady snoring issues forth from his nostrils and his breath moves his mane in a bizzare yet comical collar around his face. The ghost of Kaa considers the sleeping form below him for a brief moment or two and then .....

In the history of smiles there have been a few that were worth mention, Mona Lisa, Roy Schieder just after the shark goes boom, Mark Hamill after the medallion, Cuba Gooding at his Oscar acceptance, and now Kaas was added to this short list, So great and grandeous was the former lord of pythons smile that it threatened to encircle his face, His eyes were so slitted with joy they became near lines on his deceased countance, In short never, anywere at anytime, had a snake looked so pleased with himself!!

He moves over to Ssscars snoring form and whispers something into his ear....

scar004.jpg

*Scar is sitting in the corner of the lab playing with a lab rat ad thinking of having a quick light snack when he is interrupted by a sweet, hypnotizing song. He makes the mistake of being lulled in by the ghost of Kaa. He falls into a trance through eye contact with the snake and falls into a slumber. He then hears something whispered into his ear, but it isn't quite clear and before it is complete he is awakened by the shrill beeping of the spectromagnianalyzinator beeping and signaling it's completion of the second run through of the test on the feather. He then sees the ghost of Kaa floating nearby.*

"Go away Kaa this is important. I will deal with you later."

LT* "Ok it seems that the first test was correct. Let me see if I can explain it to you with help from the printouts."

dnabasesrna.jpg

"This is DNA from the brown fur. You can see it has one DNA source and we have labeled it DNA strand 1

dna1.gif

"This is the white hair DNA...as you can see it has DNA strand one matching the fur and it's own DNA labeled DNA strand 2."

Structure20of20DNA.jpg

"This is DNA from the new feather. It has DNA strand one matching the fur and DNA strand 3 which is it's own, but it doesn't have DNA strand 2 matching the hair. This is quite interesting and complex."

*Scar getting a little confused seems to threaten the lab tech.* SCAR*"I want you to process the clues found at scenes first. Like the hairs,fabric and feathers. Do not look for a needle in a hairstack by comparing it to other smaples...atleast for now. Now I have to get this info to the other detectives, but you need to rush things as this killer is just getting more and more violent."

*With that Scar decides to meet the others at the lost children's center and give them the latest news.*

Anton, after watching a barrage of events, gets back into the small IASW boat. He heads through the rest of the attraction and disembarks. Having the detectives mostly split up now Anton decides to head back to the castle suite.

Rafiki waves Kiara off with Tink and hopes that Nala is reunited with her daughter soon.

I don't think that there is much else we can find here. I hope Scar can get some results back soon from the lab.

Best thing to do is get out of here and regroup in a quieter place to see what we can work out. There have been a few feathers found, there has to be some kind of link here.

Iago, knowing something about science, thinks to himself about the DNA clue. Since DNA comes in pairs, this helps us a great deal. Let's call the DNA from the brown hair DNA-B. The brown hair has DNA-B times 2. The white hair DNA is made of one DNA-B and one DNA-W. The new feather is DNA-B and DNA-F. This means that the three specimen are related, but not from the same source. In fact, it probably means that the brown furred one could be the parent of the other two, but with two partners (not the same). Alternatively, they could be siblings (triplets), but obviously not identical. At least, that what it seems like to the now mystified Iago.

MPH is pleased to see Kiara and Nala reunited. "Now that Kiara is back, we can focus on finding the killer and not be threatened. Now to decide what to do next. Let me study the clues."

*Chessie, who had been neither here nor there, floating around invisibly after leaving IASW, knew that several things should be going on at once. Several detectives are returning Kiara to Nala, Scar is bringing the new feather to the lab, and - probably - a few detectives are closing up the IASW crime scene. He finally decided to follow Scar to the crime lab, floating invisibly, never once making his presence known. The Cat silently and invisibly watched the events unfold. When the information about the feather was revealed, Chessie thought, So birds of a feather don't necessarily flock together ... but what does it mean? and watched in amused delight as Kaa charmed Scar to sleep, although he wished he could hear what the python whispered in the lion's ear. As Scar leaves the lab, the Cat disappears and invisibly reappears in the missing children's center to see how things went with returning Kiara to Nala.*

MPH is reading through his list of clues. "Feathers, black hair, white hair, brown fur, blue fabric, gold thread, dark red fabric...I just don't see how this fits together. It seems like I'm missing something that should be easier to see than it is." MPH decides to start searching to see how these clues could be connected.

*Scar still in the lab forwards what info he has found out so far to the other detectives. He then turns back to the Lab Techs.*

SCAR: "What else can you tell me?"

LT:" We need more time but now that you have given us permission to ignore all the extra work and just concentrate on the evidence, things should be faster. We were on the verge of breaking the code for the black hair, but the got side tracked by all the extra. I will call you."

SCAR: *In a sinister voice* " You do that."

*Scar leaves the lab and goes back into the park.*

*Ghost Chip observes the lab technician's findings as the DNA results of the fur and feather lead to a possible relations between the two furs and feather, is there a Chimera about? He decides to float down through the Utilidor to the Lost Children Center.

Going down the Castle's Elevator Shaft to the Utilidor, Chip follows the long tunnel sided with Pipes and Cast Member Posters down toward Mainstreet USA. Taking an abrupt right, he goes up the first stairwell and appears in the backstage area behind the Crystal Palace, which is next to his destination. Stepping through the backdoor he arrives at the building housing First Aid and Lost Child Services.

Last edited:
MPH is going through his list of clues as he receives what is forwarded from the lab. "I should have paid more attention in Biology" MPH says to himself. He continues, "We have DNA that is and isn't related. How is that possible. Well, there is" MPH's voice trails off and he types notes into his phone, "and then there is the possibility that..." MPH says before typing more notes. MPH studies his notes, typing periodically. "Hmmm...." he says aloud, before starting to pace back and forth.

*Chessie's phone rings, indicating a text message. A few detectives and guests look around for the phone held by the invisible Cat, but since almost everyone has a phone and phones ring all the time, not many give it a second thought. He retrieves the updated message from Scar, but he already knew this information, having been in the lab when Scar first heard it from the two lab techs.*

Chessie (thinking to himself): DNA that is and isn't related? It looks like this newest information both could be the case breaker and break the case ... .

*Still invisible, the Cat just watches what is happening in the Missing Children's Center, waiting for the right opportunity to make his presence known.*

Back