• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts
thumbnailCA3XNJ4M.jpg

*Scar gives a disgusted look as Dodo stands up and lights his pipe, but decides against saying anything as this case has been very stressful and if it helps Dodo relax and think then he is ok with a pipe. Plus there are no guests left to worry about this being a no smoking area.*

thumbnailCA2ZXDNA-1.jpg

*Suddenly Dodo who usually handles his pipe well, starts to cough and choke.*

thumbnail-4.jpg

*Scar is in shock as Dodo suddenly keels over and falls onto the floor.*

"Are you ok Dodo?" Scar asks--but there is no answer. "Dodo?...Dodo....Hey Dodo!!"

Last edited:
Abu has been standing idley by listening to all the detectives chatter and getting quite bored. Since he is otherwise unoccupied his reaction to Dodo toppling over is rather swift. He darts over and looks to see where he can check for a pulse. Deciding on his neck, Abu reaches out to check tentatively. Not feeling anything, he looks at the others and shakes his head sadly.

Scar-the-lion-king-14095117-572-804.jpg

*Scar is shocked as yet another detective has been killed right in front of him and for no apparent reason or method.*

OOC* this death is from the post count rule and the method will be revealed later( if we get that far).. You can assume poison for now, but what kind will become a clue later in the game possibly.
A clue aill be sent to Dodos ghost to reveal befgore I go to work

Dodo remembers standing up to light his pipe. He inhaled deeply and suddenly his lungs just refused to work. The next thing he saw was Scar looking down on him and slowly his ghost began to rise above the crowd now gathered around him. What.....I'm dead......oh goodness this feels so strange. Slowly his ghost rises and speaks.

Just because I'm dead and gone
Doesn't mean I can't tag along
I'll work the clues and
I'll play by the rules
If I have the time
I'll solve the crime

Dodo slowly rises up and disappears.

**OOC Sorry, I forgot to wait for the clue. I'll adjust the ghost when I get it. Don't worry, I'll get the hang of this eventually.

Last edited:
Tink watches and listens as dodo puffs his pipe then coughs and falls over. abu checks for a pulse and getting none shakes his head slowly. tink is aghast at the suddenness of the action. how could the killer have gotten to dodo's pipe? Tink decides right then to keep her personal stuff within sight at all times.

Iago is really greatful for Dodo's list, but distraught by another fowl's foul demise. He looks around the Liberty Tree noting the turkey legs in disgust. He is tired of this continuous tragedy. He wants to figure it all out, but he just can't turn the corner on these clues. He carefully places Dodo's limp body on a table and begins searching for signs of a dart.

hyena-wallpaper-the-lion-king-5985773-1024-768.jpg

*As if a dinner bell has been rung by Dodo's lifeless body being placed on a table, Scar's hideous hyena minions show up. Scar has to command them to back off.*

SCAR: "Back off. I mean his ghost may still need a way to contact us. Besides didn't you have enough Ariel Sushi?"

Hyena* "Well you did ask us to clear the scene."

OOC* A little info has been sent to Dodo. I am off to work and will continue this tonight my time. At that time a new trivia question will be asked.

MPH heads into Liberty Tree Tavern with the other detectives. While talking to some detectives, he notices Dodo acting funny, then falling to his death. MPH watches his ghost and the recital of his poem and thinks something feels wrong about this. MPH goes into clue searching mode.

*Chessie glances up from studying the list as Dodo lights up that pipe of his. Both Scar and Chessie turn to him ... Scar doesn't say anything but the Cat, grinning just can't resist.*

Chessie: 'Are you sure? You do know that thing will kill you, right?'

*Chessie suddenly turns a bit pale, hiding the fact that his grin is a bit shaky, as Dodo takes a deep puff and falls to the floor, completely unresponsive, only to come to as a ghost.*

OOC: No, we still don't know who the last false arrest was. And, honestly, Wally - and this is not a complaint (I'm only mentioning this because you asked), I think the game is so confusing right now, at this point, I don't see how anyone who doesn't already know who the killer is could see how these clues could come together to make an arrest. I think part of the problem is that we've had too much emphasis on the fur, feathers, and hair (some of the vaguest clues in Disney murder mystery history because they can link - directly or indrectly - to just about any Disney character) and part of the problem is that we're just missing information that, by this point, we normally would/should have had. Getting back to the last false arrest ... even if you told us who it was (because I don't think Toad will), for me at least, all that would do is cross of *one* possibility from a virtually non-existent suspect list (I've only been able to eliminate females and males introduced before 1974). That being said, I'm still having a blast (no burnout here) and I have every intention of seeing this game through - and playing the next one (whenever that is)!

ooc...points well taken stef. that is how the game improves with feedback. I will look into the matter of the false arrest tonight and have a good idea how to work it into the story when i get home from work. As for the clues now.. I will reveal why after the game but have reason to believe it is solvable. scar will get more info frm the lab soon and a new clue is on its way as well as trivia. it has been a little more challenging than past games. some of the ressons why were mentioned but we are in the home stretch now :)

Aurora decides to go with the restof the detectives to get real food - even though she thinks to herself that everytime the detectives sit down together someone else dies. She arrives just in time to hear Chessie tell Dodo that pipe will kill him when suddenly it does!!! Aurora is shocked and kinda stands frozen for a moment at the incident that just occured in front of her. Aurora says outloud - does anyone remember Dodos pipe not being in his posession? Aurora goes over and bags the pipe as it obviouely needs to be sent to the lab for tests.

**OOC This is only my second game and so I feel like I am still trying to get the hang of it - I am still very interested just very confused. lol . . . but glad to know I am not alone!! :0)

*Scar takes the pipe carefully from Aurora as if it might explode.*

Scar: "Can't I get through one whole zebra without having to leave my plate? If that bumbling bird's ghost returns, take his statement and forward the info to me. I am off to the lab yet once again. I doubt anything will be found here in this restaurant. The pipe had to have been tampered with prior to here, but you can look if you want."

*With that Scar heads to the lab once again.*

OOC* The info has been sent to Dodo. More info from the lab upcoming and a trivia within the next 2 hours.

Trivia chance:Next murder game will be located in a place that you might have to use a Terravator....three parts to this question...What is a terravator? Which attraction is located in? and which park?

OOC* I am waiting for more folks to post before Scar appears again.

*Ghost Chip looks at the corpse of Dodo gloomily. "Looks like the dodo is now extinct, smoking really can be bad for your health."

OOC Trivia - A Terravator is an underground elevator powered by geothermal steam. It's found on the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" at Tokyo's Disneysea.

Last edited:
Tink hopes chip will ask for help about what question to ask from the more experienced detectives so as to get useful information about the killer. some of the info that has been recieved is too vague and does not help to narrow down a suspect. is the killer human, is the killer an animation,

As Chip Looks to Tink, he replies...
"Of course, I know I've already bypassed a possible clue earlier. I too am wondering if the Killer is of Animation or Live-Action descent."
He then looks at Dodo's corpse "Has Dodo has left us any clues too."

Last edited:
Just before Dodo disappears, he remembers something that might be important. He forces himself to semi-materalize and knows he must speak to Scar. He is fighting with all his might not to fade away.

Dodo remembers that as he left the Haunted Mansion sight to head towards the restaurant he realized that his tobacco pouch was empty. Luckily he saw a fellow pipe smoker standing in the shadows. Being a Dodo Byrd it never occured to him that it might be a trap so he walked over and asked to fill his pipe. The stranger was more than willing to share his tobacco. At the time Dodo thought nothing of it as he was dressed just like a typical Florida/Disney tourist--a tropical shirt and character hat. Again it never occured to him that this could be a disguise. Being the bird brain that he was, that is all he can remember. Dodo is frustrated with himself that can't recall a face description or even color of the shirt or which character the hat was. But he manages to appear to Scar and spit out what he does remember.

The effort has cost him greatly and his shape fades away. But not to worry, he will regain some ghostly strength and be back soon to help solve this mystery. You will never see the last of Dodo.

**OOC Is a ghost allowed to guess the killer?

Last edited:
*On his way out of the restaurant Scar sees Dodo's spirit appears and passes on what he knows. Scar is frustrated that it is not more and sulks off to the lab, assuming that the others have overheard Dodo before he faded from view.*

Disney_Villains__Scar_by_Disney_Cats_Club.jpg

*Still looking quite angry and mumbling to himself about bird brains, Scar is surprised to find an old friend leaving the lab.*

Just Outside the lab:

Scar* "Jafar old friend it has been quite awhile since we saw each other. Wasn't it last years Villains reunion?"

clipjaf2.gif

JAFAR: "You are right my loyal villain pal, It was last year's reunion. Speaking of reunions, you missed this years the last weeks events have been quite entertaining to say the least. you know what happens when we get together. We always try to outdo each other with evil. Most of us were there. it has been a fun few days. Here let me show you some pictures."

*Jafar flips open a photo album and shares pics with Scar of the reunion that has been going on the last week.*

disney-villains.jpg

Jafar:" Here is a group photo of me and the ladies."

Disney-Villains-ursula-2508511-1280-1024.jpg

" and another at the covered dish luncheon. You know the evil queen brought apple pie again. Of course no one took even a bite. Iago was there, but he got called away by you I believe?"

SCAR*"Yes he was needed on a case. So what brings you to the lab?"

Jafar "well it seems there have been some petty thefts in Tokyo Disney SEA and I have been called there to clean it up. You know I have a way with street rats. So I stopped by to pick up a DFI kit to help investigate. Don't worry, it's nothing I can't handle on my own. Nice seeing you again...I have to go. I have a flight to catch."

OOC* This is just added for two reasons...one to clear Jafar as he i who was falsely accused in Toad's death. also to tell us a little about next game. You can assume that any villain in these pictures also has the same alibi as Jafar and is innocent.
OOC2* Thanks for passing on the info Margaret

Last edited:
Iago thinks Dodo's heroicly transmitted recollection means that the killer is not an animated character. Iago is puzzled, but as usual, hungry. He leaves the birdbaric food at the Liberty Tree and flies across the square to get a breadbowl of his favorite clam chowder.

OOC* Ghosts can post their guesses about the killer here within the game, but they are not allowed to make an arrest. Therefore even if you send me a PM with a guess I won't answer.

*Scar enters the lab and turns in the pipe. The lab techs are still flooded with evidence. Even though he originally planned to ask for more info from the techs, he sees that it is not the best time.*

*As Scar is leaving the lab he runs into Aurora. She passes on information that seems plausible. Scar decides that he and Aurora should check out that possibility together.*

Back