• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

mickeys circus preview? Anyone seen it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mickeys circus preview? Anyone seen it?
meh...so much fab 5, chip and dale and figment. Why do they make soooo many of those as they are NEVER that popular. I don't get disney's pin visions sometimes. The villains sideshow set is a cute idea :) I don't collect villains but I appreciate the thought that went into it at least. And can I just say....how many different "train sets" does there need to be???? Where can I apply to be on the design team for disney pins?? Why not use various disney animals as "circus animals". Simba or mufasa being tamed by lion tamer jessica (sans whip of course)...etc.

I agree. Too much Fab 5 and so on. They could have done a lot of interesting things with this theme.

The equestrian set could have been princesses or princes with their horses. I bet you guys would have freaked for a Rapunzel with Max!

Last edited:
How can there be a Circus without any Tiggers or any other Disney jungle animals?? No Princesses on horseback, on the highwire or trapeze??? Hoping for some better individual pins. AND what about our Sunday Afternoon Public Day disappearing?? Maybe Disney could open Thursday Registration 3 hours earlier (9AM) to make up for the 3 hours lost on Sunday?? Any way you look at it - less Event for MORE $$. Will still be there - the Trading & seeing people is the main reason I go. TTFN, Sue

I will probly be offering some of our RSP space like I did last year for anyone who is interested in the anything so please keep me in mind :)

I will post a thread about it in the Sales section after registration for this Event starts.

I'm only mildly impressed. Except for Figment, I only see a couple of my characters. I think I saw one Tink pin and one Cheshire pin....While I'm a Figment fan, these just aren't grabbing me...especially not enough to require lots of boxed sets.

hey movingthestars
add another set of eyes , I will be most likely getting just the mystery sets, so a few at least!!
if I do unwrap a Dr F, I will put him to the side for you, that is unless steff sees him next to the Chessie that Im bound to get!!!

<yes we will be lining up in the trade room too, remember sometimes the boards have mystery box pins too!!!>

and THANKS Hope, pointing out there will most likely be multiple chasers!!!
nothing like dangling the meat in front of the starving man !!! ;]

oh well , its my addiction but im not ready to be cured!!!

I know the feeling, Darryl, and I'm right there with the pin addiction. But I think with everyone looking out for each other, we should be able to help each other get what we want. I know that I'll certainly help you with your villain quest. :)

Exactly - the circus theme has so much room for amazing ideas!!! I really hope the rest of the pins will have more variety in the character selections!!! I would love to see some pins with the princesses and their horses! :0)

The equestrian set could have been princesses or princes with their horses. I bet you guys would have freaked for a Rapunzel with Max!

LOVE this idea!!!

I was expecting more Dumbo so I'm a bit disappointed. I kinda like the train set, Program Booklet, and the Villains Mystery pins, though. Otherwise, I'm underwhelmed. Hoping the pins will look really amazing in person.

Do you get to go to the event? If not, I don't mind trying to help!

I'm not sure yet... I'm considering it, but it would be a very short weekend for me since I'll most likely have to arrive late Friday night, and leave Sunday night. So, the offer of help is greatly appreciated!

Nothing I need or want, so my wallet is happy. :)

The Villains mystery set is pretty nice...I especially like the Gaston pin.

And yes...why no love for the Princesses!? I feel like they haven't released any really awesome Princess pins at a pin event since the 2004/2005 pin events. And Rapunzel is SO popular right now...they are really missing the boat!

Hopefully they will have more enticing pins available when the entire catalog is released (and if this is all they are releasing...I am underwhelmed).

I cannot see any info on the vinylmation event for Sun Sept 9...registration, etc. I'm not super keen on the vinyls I see in the preview of the merchandise, but I'd like to see the itinerary.
Anyone have a link, please?
Thank you

I think they might be doing Princess pins for the new part of Magic Kingdom this summer. Just a guess but they are going to have a princess area and an Ariel ride. Should be lots of grand opening pins.

The Circus Clown box set and the Sinister Sideshow Mystery set both look fun - some nice designs - about time - there hasnt been much worth collecting lately.

Except for Gaston , nothing impresses me, quite disappointing . I was trying to go, but with this preview I think not . They could have used so many different characters in different ways . shaking my head , complete disgust .

I cannot express how disappointed I was in the merchandise. It is nothing but park merchandise in better wrapping. Disney had a real opportunity to excite the passions of long time pin collectors and bring in a lot of new ones, and in the usual fashion, blew it. I was hoping for some poster pins with the awesome pictures they used in the posters on the construction wall of the new Fantasyland. Or maybe Princesses with their horses, or princes on the high wire, but it's all just about the Fab 5. How boring. The Figment collectors should be happy, but now I'm undecided about even going.

I cannot express how disappointed I was in the merchandise. It is nothing but park merchandise in better wrapping. Disney had a real opportunity to excite the passions of long time pin collectors and bring in a lot of new ones, and in the usual fashion, blew it. I was hoping for some poster pins with the awesome pictures they used in the posters on the construction wall of the new Fantasyland. Or maybe Princesses with their horses, or princes on the high wire, but it's all just about the Fab 5. How boring. The Figment collectors should be happy, but now I'm undecided about even going.

Margaret, dear, the price of admission to this event is not only for the RSP but for the board trading and everything else the event has to offer. I would not pay $105 to only be able to purchase expensive pins. That would be silly. :p I pay $105 for the fun I have with friends at this event. We had fun last year, so I hope you will reconsider. Remember there will still be more merchandise. I'm sorry there are no princesses, but I feel like the merchandise has more to offer than last year. They used some characters that they never use, and I like the fab 5. We had to expect they would use them, because they are on the event poster and it is called Mickey's Circus. I feel like they used a wider array of characters than previously used-Jessie, Pete, Clarabelle, Figaro and all the Villains. So although, they really only showed one Pluto pin(better for my pocket book), I'm happy with the merchandise. It is what I thought it would be.

I suppose that there are disappointments every year that the event merchandise is previewed, but they can't use every Disney character out there. Someone was speculating earlier that with the opening of the new Fantasyland expansion we will probably get our princess fix. I agree.

I was underwhelmed as well. Too many boxed sets (=expensive). Hopefully they will be releasing more single pins. I agree that it is a great theme and would give them a lot more to work with than something like PTU.... But I don't see much imagination in the pins so far.... We will definitely be going, so maybe we will be saving money this year!

meh...so much fab 5, chip and dale and figment. Why do they make soooo many of those as they are NEVER that popular. I don't get disney's pin visions sometimes. The villains sideshow set is a cute idea :) I don't collect villains but I appreciate the thought that went into it at least. And can I just say....how many different "train sets" does there need to be???? Where can I apply to be on the design team for disney pins?? Why not use various disney animals as "circus animals". Simba or mufasa being tamed by lion tamer jessica (sans whip of course)...etc.

omg, u need to get your booty in isney pin design team, i love your idea of putting simba as the lion in the circus, i mean hello? it is a lion after all, he fits perfectly in the circus theme.

i can only Hopeeee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back