• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Minnie...turned into Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnie...turned into Mickey

Threedvlsoneangl

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I worked at Disney I acquired a lot of pins for my daughter. I came across the difference in these and am wondering if there is a known error regarding them. .Minnie having no eyelashes effectively turns her into Mickey! Thanks for your help.. (especially speedwaystar1)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what that means I am super new at this. I think I purchased both sets at Disney World...but can't be positive...was awhile ago...lol. How do I tell?

Last edited:
A scrapper is basically a fake . Originally for pins made using the scraps left over during a genuine production run .
It's become a general term for any pin that people suspect is fake .
I do know you often see pins from this set in those large pin lots on eBay which are full of scrappers , is it possible you traded this one at WDW ? If it is it may well be a fake

Okay, back when I started pin trading in 2007-8 (in the parks with cast members only), there were lots on ebay like there are now. Except these lots were $1.25-2.00 per pin and there were only ten designs to choose from (so if you bought more than 10, you'd get duplicates.)

Seven of the pins were from the POTC Disney Characters as POTC characters booster pack that sold for $24.95-ish in the parks then. Back when I didn't know any better, I bought about 100 of the pins (so got 10 sets of 10 pins, 7 of which were the booster pack pins). They were VERY good quality, no streaks, were nice & glossy, etc. (not like the scrapper pins now which all seem to be matted), no loose posts. I didn't know until a CM pointed it out, but Minnie was missing her eyebrows in them. We thought it was just an error, til I went back to look at the others I had and sure enough, all the Minnies were missing eyebrows.

I remember one of them was a Tinker Bell with a large Goofy hat, but don't remember what the other two were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back