• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

More Designer Couples dolls and pins to come

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Designer Couples dolls and pins to come
I have been thinking what I would REALLY want in my collection, and that would be a "designer" doll set of the Princess with a parent (maybe all fathers?). Examples: Ariel (with fins) and King Triton, Jasmine and Sultan, Belle and her father Maurice, Merida and her mother or father, Rapunzel with either of her parents, Pocahontas with her Father the Indian Chief, Mulan and her father, Sleeping Beauty and her Father . . . It could be called the Designer, Parents of Princesses. Ok, sounds cheesy, but I think it would be SOOOOO cool.
I totally love that idea. I would buy them.

There isn't much we can about the scalpers getting links. I saw a post on one of the Disney Facebook sites explaining how to get a link early. If it's on there with thousands of people looking, then I fear the only thing we can do is help each other out with private messages or something. If I could have found a nice early link to the whole set pre-order, then I think I could have gotten it and skipped all of the stress. For next year I'm hoping that with no D23, there will be more whole sets available for pre-order. Aurora is my second favorite princess so the LE line with Maleficent and Phillips is a major priority and if I get the chance to pre-order the whole set next year, I'll jump on it. I don't want them to make the edition sizes too much bigger because for me large edition sizes like 13,000 detract from the appeal. A larger edition, like 8000, would be fine, I just hope that Disney doesn't overdo it and make the editions huge. Other than Ariel, which made me very nervous, the dolls were possible to get this year with the early links. If we can band together and find the early link for the whole set, then a lot of collectors can relax and just spend time helping other collectors get the dolls. I know I'll help in any way that I can because members on here were incredibly helpful to me this year!

A great enhancement for the forum is to add controls where guests cannot view links or pictures; only registered members. This would put a wall between collectors and those who use this site just to get the links. Another forum I used to belong to does this and I believe it cuts down on the scalpers/resellers/flippers. But, it would only be a matter of time before they figure out a way around it. I'm sure the set next year will be harder to get now that they hype has been built. I'm personally still hopeing they do a heroine line because I need more alice dolls!
I'm not sure how to do it BUt we could start a facebook, members only by invitation page. Something like someone here starts it tells us and we PM them for the facebook page... and let's us know the link and then we PM them from here and share our name from facebook. I don't know details I am not computer savvy BUt somehow then it's only for us here. if someone just requested to join off facebook it wouldn't work. I don't know. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can see where this going....and run with that.

@Tony609 That's a brilliant idea! A private FB Group would totally work! I could even volunteer to do it :) !

I don't have a facebook acct, plus the link gets shared on the disney LE doll facebook group that exists already so I'm not sure it would really stop the link from getting out.

If we do go this route I guess I could make a facebook acct though...

I have some good ideas once in awhile. I'm just not computer savvy enough to do it. I would be interested if the majority are interested. I guess we can see if a lot are interested. There are a lot of Disney Limited edition doll groups...I scanned some I saw links posted BUT not sure time wise how quick they are. Of coarse this only truly works if our link fairies join us!!! Please link fairies!
@Tony609 That's a brilliant idea! A private FB Group would totally work! I could even volunteer to do it :) !

I had their Facebook group page open and our forum up on different tabs... We beat them by one minute it or less. In my experience the link gets passed around fast

Again, I don't think it is a matter of "hiding links" because no matter what, if someone wants them, they will get them. I agree that it should be kept on the DL on how to find links in advance, but ultimately whether or not we post them here, in messages, or on a new group, it will all end up the same. Migrating I feel would be difficult and unnecessary for a lot of people. If there was something that was "invitation only" I think it won't discourage scalpers so much as the collectors themselves. I know I would be a little downtrodden to have to prove myself worthy just to make it in a separate group to talk about these things, when essentially that is why I joined DPF for free and without an entrance evaluation in the first place. No matter what, the link will get out, and I think there is nothing that can be really done about it, except to wait and post it at the appropriate time.

I'm not sure how to do it BUt we could start a facebook, members only by invitation page. Something like someone here starts it tells us and we PM them for the facebook page... and let's us know the link and then we PM them from here and share our name from facebook. I don't know details I am not computer savvy BUt somehow then it's only for us here. if someone just requested to join off facebook it wouldn't work. I don't know. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can see where this going....and run with that.

Whilst this is a great idea I think it will just be a lot of work for nothing really. If you guys think about it, trying to stop scalpers is like trying to stop kids below 13 creating a Facebook page. For starters how are you supposed to distinguish those that are scalpers and those that are not and then you have information being spread like wild fire. As mentioned by Coraline the facebook page had the link on there a minute after we did and I don't know if someone on here posted it on there or if someone on facebook knew how to get the links early but they have every right to post the link if they want to so you cannot really stop them.

So really whilst creating a page would be great it just wouldn't stop scalpers or deter them at all. The way I dealt with it was I did a lot of research into it and went online and made myself well knowledged in the area so that I can stay one step ahead or in line with the scalpers. Now I am not saying that everyone should do the same thing but if you really want the dolls that badly then just make sure you are on the forum the night of the release and keep yourself up to date as well. As we all know already people will post the link on the forum so most of the work is already done for you all you need to do is make sure that you are on the site ready to get the link when it is released.

In other words instead of trying to find a way of stopping something that is inevitable just try keeping yourself ahead of them so that you don't miss out to scalpers.

Everyone makes really good points but I think the more time everyone (now, i'm not saying every single person on here) spends trying to figure out ways to stop scalpers and figuring out how to hide the links, the scalpers are finding the good information and probably just seeing how were trying to stop them and their probably laughing at us haha! (sorry i've been watching a lot of pretty little lairs..so having the upper hand thing is stuck in my head haha)

Polaris makes a good point...instead of trying to stop the inevitable, we should just focus on getting the item at hand.

All good points. To much effort for no effect. I'm curious though how people find the links so fast.

As for Mulan, I'm fine with anything as long as it's not her "pink matchmaker bridle gown." Like Pocahontas in the white ballgown, the whole matchmaker dress is not who Mulan is either (hence the song "Reflection"). In fact it makes me a bit agitated each time I see Mulan in the parks or in merchandise because she's wearing that matchmaker dress 99% of the time; just like how Tiana is walking around the park in her wedding dress when I would expect to see Tiana in a restaurant since her dream during the whole movie was to have her own restaurant. Sorry about my technicalities lol I don't expect these little details to be fixed any time soon *sigh*

I quite agree, ANYTHING but the pink matchmaker gown for Mulan. I would love the ending dress - blue and red, with her hair down, maybe slightly too long but not crazy like Belle's, and the medallion around her neck, (and holding a sword!). But really, anything is fine as long as it is not the matchmaker gown

OH MY!!!! :eek2: I am going to be up until 3a.m. every Sunday night/Monday morning in September next year!!! :anxious: :lol: I want to finally get a set of these things...as I am sure so many of you do! :)

I have been thinking what I would REALLY want in my collection, and that would be a "designer" doll set of the Princess with a parent (maybe all fathers?). Examples: Ariel (with fins) and King Triton, Jasmine and Sultan, Belle and her father Maurice, Merida and her mother or father, Rapunzel with either of her parents, Pocahontas with her Father the Indian Chief, Mulan and her father, Sleeping Beauty and her Father . . . It could be called the Designer, Parents of Princesses. Ok, sounds cheesy, but I think it would be SOOOOO cool.

Oh wow great idea ^^ love it! I would so buy that whole collection. Either w/ the Princesses or without them. As the Villains collection, the parents alone would complement the previous Designer Princess Collections perfectly. more names suggestions: " Disney Lineage Designer Collection " or " Disney Origins Designer Collection".

As for the continuation of The Fairytale Designer Collection as many have mention I would like Pocahontas w/ John Smith ^^. I found this looking around :

replatformOverlays
I would so love Pocahontas dress to look something like this with her original dress tones and embroidered leaves and a compass on each front corner of her dress. And an a actual jewel movie accurate Pocahontas mother necklace :D. (I might try sketching my ideal dress lol)

Mulan yeah prob. anything besides her matchmaker outfit. Not because I don't like it (love it!) but because I would love to see her the real her. Pleaseee make her face look like Mulan.

And Tiana wellll what ever outfits they choose I would prob love, all I ask please make her smiling :)

Last edited:
OOooooOoooOoh! Love that idea for Pocahontas' look! Very pretty design. Although I feel like we're probably going to get a brown colored dress again, because the lighter cream has more of a bridal look :/

My husband and I had thought of this and I think I had posted our ideas on another thread of things we would love to see Disney do in the future. We also thought a good designer collection line could be "Disney Parents", couples, but the parents of the princesses. It would be so nice to see Rapunzel's parents which I would DIE for, Mulan's, Tiana's Aurora's, Merida's and of course Triton & Athena!! I would kill to see Athena in a doll!! When that movie came out I thought they would have introduced merchandise of Athena and I was left disappointed. I really hope Disney does something one day. If they introduced Melody merch I think they should have done Athena, she is GORGEOUS!!! and the story is beautiful ♥♥♥♥♥. I absolutely adore her. I also hope they do a 17" Triton one day too he is adorable ♥♥

Doll_Enchanted: If Pocahontas looked like that I would buy her in a heartbeat. That would be gorgeous. But instead of embroidery, they should use beads!!!!!! That would keep it more traditional to the Native American aspect. I love beaded jewelry I actually make some myself and it would be soooo beautiful!

Would feathers be a good idea? I support beads 101% however! I liked the first edition doll and how it used beads on the shoulder strap. It was very dramatic and serious as she is (mainly serious LOL) i can only hope they go the extra mile and even put shoes. Boots would give this a true designer feel.

OH MY!!!! :eek2: I am going to be up until 3a.m. every Sunday night/Monday morning in September next year!!! :anxious: :lol: I want to finally get a set of these things...as I am sure so many of you do! :)

I wish I would have gotten the whole set this time. If the next rounds looks like it might Ill probably only order Aurora and Cinderella.

I love the idea of like a Mother/Daughter Father/Daughter line that could be sold at Mothers Day or Fathers Day. That would be so cute.

I think it would be cool if, instead of doing a collection all at once, they did random designer dolls. We pretty much expect a LE 17" doll when a diamond edition or new movie comes out, but I'd like it if they *sometimes* surprised us with a designer doll. Then we wouldn't have to hope for a certain "theme" to get certain dolls. For example, when Frozen hits bluray next spring, we could get a designer sister set or whatever.

I think it would be cool if, instead of doing a collection all at once, they did random designer dolls. We pretty much expect a LE 17" doll when a diamond edition or new movie comes out, but I'd like it if they *sometimes* surprised us with a designer doll. Then we wouldn't have to hope for a certain "theme" to get certain dolls. For example, when Frozen hits bluray next spring, we could get a designer sister set or whatever.
I like this idea a lot, but only if they all kind of had some aesthetic that was pleasing and matched. For me, the appeal of a designer line and the 17" line is the matching casing. I love love love the way all of the dolls look all together in a row! :) I think we may see a Designer Heroines line in the future (next D23). That way they could make Merida, Anna, and Elsa, and then maybe some other favorites like Esmeralda, Megara, Kida, Jane, etc. I can really feel this one happening. And I would pre-order the whole set in this case. I like the option of pre-ordering sets too, in theory, although it appears to be more stressful!

I quite like the concept of disney heroines but I cant say that I completely understand what it means. Obviously mulan would be in there, but who else? I think most princesses actually save at least thier respective partners in movies so would the heroine like include like half of some classic princesses plus some of the less known characters?
Off the top of my head the heroines would be :Mulan, Pocahontas, Ariel, Tiana, Merida, Anna, Rapunzel, Esmerelda, Anastasia..
However it seems like some people might be upset by some women being classified as a hero but not others.

To me, the heroines are the Disney females who don't fall into the Princess category (officially, anwyay). So the gals like Jane, Wendy, Meg, Esmeralda, Kida - I know there are others I'm forgetting. Mulan and Pocahontas are technically not princesses either, but they're in the official line-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back