• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

More Pin Displays

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Pin Displays

TammyH

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I decided to just create a thread to show all my displays. Not that I have so many, but I've been organizing/framing/displaying more pins lately. I've managed to acquire a LOT of pins and want to show them off around the house. I always just kept them on a large cork-board, but for some of them I wanted something "special". I figure I'll just add to this post as my displays evolve. :)

Here's the latest. For my SOTMK collection. I still have one pin left to get (the spot in the middle is saved for it):

IMG_4450_zpsjxridsrv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's two I just updated. I had posted one of them before, but I added background paper. I just like the look of them better with the grey, rather than the cork. These are my HM displays. I think I'll be changing one of them (as soon as I acquire the last of the missing "lock" pins to match the keys -- and a HUGE THANK YOU to sismelis for most of the lock pins!!!).

IMG_4494_zpsavllbnbv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_4488_zpsxwbewwem.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Still need "Pin 93533[FONT=&quot] WDW - Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - Master Sorcerer Medal[/FONT]". :) I know I can purchase it at WDW since it's OE, but I was hoping to get it during a trade. That trade never happened. I have a trip planned for October, so if I dont get it by then I can pick it up. :)

That SOTMK is AWESOME! Your Hidden Mickeys look really good, too, so neat and clean and easy to see--but the SOTMK one is like, WOW. Wherever you have it displayed, it's going to draw the eye of anyone who walks into the room!

Love your HM displays! I've been trying to figure out how I was going to display mine and this gives me wonderful inspiration and ideas. Thanks for sharing with the DPF community. PS I still have a couple of locks left- which one are you still missing?
Melissa

Love your HM displays! I've been trying to figure out how I was going to display mine and this gives me wonderful inspiration and ideas. Thanks for sharing with the DPF community. PS I still have a couple of locks left- which one are you still missing?
Melissa

THANK YOU SO MUCH again! I'm only missing "Mickey" himself. And from what I can see... he's going to be hard/fun to track down!

Thank you everyone for your kind replies! I have to say, the SOTMK is my favorite. :) Took me a bit to find a good image/paper and then print it so it was in the correct location on the paper. This one is my 2nd attempt. I think I'm going to try and do something similar for my Inside Out collection (I dont have that many, but what I do have I really like).

Where do you get your frames? This is a great idea for smaller collections, I have a lot of larger boards and frames, but am sort of stuck on the smaller sets. And how does the back look? Sometimes that's the hardest part, finding something that will hold the matboard without it being too thick, and having the right bits to fasten it in.

Where do you get your frames? This is a great idea for smaller collections, I have a lot of larger boards and frames, but am sort of stuck on the smaller sets. And how does the back look? Sometimes that's the hardest part, finding something that will hold the matboard without it being too thick, and having the right bits to fasten it in.

I purchased all the materials/frames from Michael's or JoAnn's. I did purchase some cork sheets that come in a square (4 to a pack). When I got the frames home, I took out the glass, cut cork to fit (using the glass as a guide -- and then cut it a little smaller) and then put the cork in first, followed by the card-board back. Those frames had the fasteners that bend back, so I just bent them to fit. The pins do stick out a bit in the back, but you dont see that. Once I decided to put colored paper in, I unhooked them all and layered it as colored paper/cork/card board (and then bent the fasteners back into place. I did end up using a putty-knife to do this since my fingers started to hurt after the first one (each frame in the collage had 4 or 6 fasteners behind it). I dont know if I'm making sense or not. If you want a picture of one of the backs, let me know.

The SOTMK was a little harder because the back was one of those where the fasteners were attached to the back card-board and kinda swiveled. I needed to use a flat-end screwdriver to get them to fit back into the frame (used the same approach as taking out the glass and putting in cork). In that frame, I dont know if you can notice, but the pins are not flat against the paper. More of a 3-D effect. but they are in good-enough that they dont fall out.

My next projects will be my Inside Out pins and my Star Wars pins. I have a LOT of Star Wars pins (went to the SW event at HS 4 times and managed to get most of the pins every time we went -- yes I have a "complete the set" problem). I think for the SW set, I will need to use one of my large cork-boards... We'll see. I'm having fun with my pins (organizing and displaying). It's a little cheaper than purchasing them!

TammyH

Wow , your SOTMK display puts mine to shame :)
I may have to copy your idea for the background , where did you get the image it looks official and I've not seen anything like it .

Simply gorgeous! I'm curious to know, the frame(s) that have all of the HM pins, are those individual frames you connected somehow or was the design an entire unit by itself? And are those 5x7 frames?

At first, second, even third glance your SotMK collection looks like a professional framed set you'd buy directly from Disney. I can't wait to see what you come up with for IO!!!

Wow , your SOTMK display puts mine to shame :)
I may have to copy your idea for the background , where did you get the image it looks official and I've not seen anything like it .

Thank you so much for your kind words. :)

I put together 2 images I found online (one for SOTMK and one of "parchment paper"). I used an on-line imaging editing tool to layer them (super simple -- I have no idea what I'm doing and I figured it out but it did take about 30 minutes of playing around). If you message me your email address I can send you the files I have. I did print them out and then had to cut-to-fit the frame.

Simply gorgeous! I'm curious to know, the frame(s) that have all of the HM pins, are those individual frames you connected somehow or was the design an entire unit by itself? And are those 5x7 frames?

At first, second, even third glance your SotMK collection looks like a professional framed set you'd buy directly from Disney. I can't wait to see what you come up with for IO!!!

Thanks so much!

Each is one-big-piece (all hooked together so you just have to hang it from one place). I got that one from Michael's (craft store) but I was in Target today and saw something very similar ($24-ish). And yes, they are 5x7 frames. I almost wish I had found a collage-frame that had at least one section that was larger. I have the "donuts" set and one of the ABC sets (the round ones) that wont fit. And when I separated the pins for display, I just couldnt get it to look right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back