• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My 20,000 Leagues Collection on Canvas

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 20,000 Leagues Collection on Canvas

CoryTheRaven

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I haven't been very active on here in a while, for a couple reasons. One is that my collection kind of topped out a bit (I got pretty well every pin in it that I want), our last trip to Disney was December 2015 with no further trips in the foreseeable future, and I had a pin disaster about half a year ago. The large, multi-window frame I had to to display my 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea / Jules Verne collection took a nose dive off our wall, and I haven't been able to find a good replacement until now. Taking the advice I saw on here from someone about using a canvas to display pins, I managed to find a nice couple of pre-printed canvases for $10/ea. at a local hardware store. I bought the matching set, though currently I'm only using one for my pins. Here it is...

DSC00509.JPG

The other is ready to go if need be. Those of you who may remember my collection know that I have a bunch more 20,000 Leagues and Little Mermaid pins that I was making a cute little diorama scene out of. Since the second canvas doesn't lend itself to that diorama, I'm hesitant about putting my pins on it yet. Anyways, this is the other canvas...

DSC00510.JPG

And here they both are, on our wall. They are a fixture of our "Enchanted Tiki Kitchen" (if the one seems crooked, that's actually just the angle of the lens, no worries)...

DSC00508.JPG

It's SO nice to have my pins back on display. After half a year, I've missed them!

You found a nice way to display your very cool collection. I love that mask below the pins! :tigger:

Love the artwork you found for your 20,000 league collection. Nice!

Just to clarify, the circular cylinder shaped object in between the two canvases is a tiki mask? The leis make it seem like it could be an interpretive choice of artwork. :)

I love your Enchanted Tiki Kitchen! The tropical fish with the nautical pins looks super cool.

Thanks! Maybe I'll post some more photos of it some time, and our Tiki mug collection too (most of which are from Disney as well) :)

Just to clarify, the circular cylinder shaped object in between the two canvases is a tiki mask? The leis make it seem like it could be an interpretive choice of artwork. :)

Technically it's an Indonesian mask, but yes, it is a mask in the Tiki vein :) The orange lei was from a luau party we held recently, but the other two we got from the Polynesian Village Resort on our honeymoon a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back