My D Pins - Labor Day Weekend 2017 Pin Trading Event

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by starry_solo, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    500   0   0

[​IMG]

September 2-3, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.

They are at a new location at 1648 W. Katella, Anaheim, CA (same parking lot as Arby's, Food 4 Less, etc.)

2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

Hmm...I might come out to it. I don't think I have any plans that weekend.

The past few MyD trade events I've gone to, I really didn't do much trading. I know this sounds kind of bad, but I get a general feeling of people being more "judgey" of people's traders and pin book values at those events.

3. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I agree! I haven't been to one yet, but I follow what people post on FB as to what they get and it's all wowza.

4. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

I plan to make it to this one! Never been to a My D Pins event, but wanted to for a long time.

If I don't make any trades - Oh well. I just want to check it out and see some friends.

May I ask what day the rest of you are planning to go? I'd like to see as many DPFers as possible!

5. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

If I do go it will probably be Sunday.

6. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    500   0   0

If I do go, it'll be Saturday

7. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

The feeling isn't unwarranted. One event I went to was fantastic, the Saturday I met lots of people (including Mark/AvatarAng), and did lots of good trading! The second day I didn't do nearly as well, but oh well, was something different than the parks. The next time they had an event and I went and I got zero trades! That was frustrating.
    I'm going to give this one a shot though! I may go both days.

8. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I will be there on Sunday for sure!

9. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    322   0   0

I plan on going Sunday at 11am. I will wear Docfish's button. I don't do a lot of trading generally but I like the event. As for the store itself:

I am happy to do pickups for pins or "scout out" pins..I can report if I see a HTF pin you have been looking for, or if you need that one last puzzle piece, or need an LE you regretted not getting awhile back. Be aware nothing is "at cost" here hehe. LMK if you are interested.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  10. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    500   0   0

I won't be there. :(

11. sirradel

sirradel Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I'll be going with some friends. It'll be our first time and I don't have many traders so I'll just be going for the experience or to scout for stuff to buy lol :)

Edit: Forgot to mention we're going on Saturday! We might go on Sunday too depending on how Saturday goes.

12. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    500   0   0

So, who's there and how did it go?

13. sirradel

sirradel Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

My friends and I went both today and yesterday. Unfortunately, we didn't get to trade anything on Saturday but we did buy a lot of pins at a good price. I saw a few people on Instagram saying it was difficult for them to trade, too. People were a lot friendlier today and we managed some good trades!

14. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Sooo... WOW.
    I did amazingly at this event, like WAY better than I could have imagined. I knocked 33 pins off my wants list!!
    [​IMG]

Here's the ones that weren't on my wants list, but everything here is a keeper except for Angus
    [​IMG]

I am still in awe of just how well I did today!

15. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    237   0   0

Congrats on that pin haul!

I was out in the sun all day yesterday so I needed a day not out in the heat today, so I wound up not going.

16. sirradel

sirradel Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Haha I thought I recognized that tape-- the Joanna was from me! Thanks for such an awesome trade :)

17. pretty Omi

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Yay! I was going to guess this was you, or another girl I had who collected Lady and the Tramp. My bf was really happy we finally got Joanna!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.