• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My First Pin Board! Mr. Toad of course! Updated 8.19.18!

My First Pin Board! Mr. Toad of course! Updated 8.19.18!

Spr175psu

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
So I finally decided to take my beloved Mr. Toad pins off of their cards!

tenor.gif

tumblr_ni8fvyg3x61tb8iyko1_500.gif

For me, at least, it is since I have never done that. I kept all of them and labeled them with pin pics #s but my wife is right, I will never be trading or selling them so just go for it, enjoy them.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

9GXx3.gif

Ok, ok, ok. Without further adieu, here is my Mr. Toad collection

BQiBdYP.jpg

WarlikeOldBrontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Obviously, it isn't anywhere close to being done, and I'm sure I'll need another board before I reach completist status, which is the ultimate goal. As you can see from my sig, I have a long way to go, but Mr. Toad is my favorite Disney character and this has been an extremely fun collection to take my time. Hercules, Emperor's New Groove, or Splash Mountain is up next. At my rate, it'll be done in 2 years.

giphy-2.gif

Absolutely LOVE your Mr. Toad collection! Shows me how small my Toad collection is at 17 pins, but I'm happy with my little collection! You have some pretty rare and unique ones which I'm sure must have been difficult to get. Congrats, it's a beautiful collection!

Absolutely LOVE your Mr. Toad collection! Shows me how small my Toad collection is at 17 pins, but I'm happy with my little collection! You have some pretty rare and unique ones which I'm sure must have been difficult to get. Congrats, it's a beautiful collection!

Thank you so much! This is actually a subset collection of the slightly larger Ichabod and Mr. Toad collection. I'm keeping my Ichabod pins separate but am also trying to be a completist with those as well.

It's going to take me a while but I enjoy it so much. Ironically, I think my Hercules collection is bigger since those pins, for the most part, are more accessible, there are more recent releases, and more pins in general. And my Emperor's New Groove collection is probably closest to completion because there aren't as many. But the Toad set is, by far, my favorite, though I do love my baby Pegasus pins, yzma and kronk, and my splash mountain pins.

Good luck with your collection. I have a couple of doubles, like the toad storybook, the old one, if you are interested in trading.

Nice! Can't wait to see it when you're complete! Good luck :D

Thanks! I'm going to need it. I'll hopefully have an update that I acquired all of them in like 5-10 years but I'm really enjoying collecting this set so however long it takes is perfectly fine with me.

Last edited:
Thank you so much! This is actually a subset collection of the slightly larger Ichabod and Mr. Toad collection. I'm keeping my Ichabod pins separate but am also trying to be a completist with those as well.

It's going to take me a while but I enjoy it so much. Ironically, I think my Hercules collection is bigger since those pins, for the most part, are more accessible, there are more recent releases, and more pins in general. And my Emperor's New Groove collection is probably closest to completion because there aren't as many. But the Toad set is, by far, my favorite, though I do love my baby Pegasus pins, yzma and kronk, and my splash mountain pins.

Good luck with your collection. I have a couple of doubles, like the toad storybook, the old one, if you are interested in trading.
I was wondering about your Ichabod collection. I think I sent you the Katrina ptd last year. Look forward to seeing your Sleepy Hollow collection. Might be interested in trading for Toad pins.

Wow that looks very nice! And yes you should be able to enjoy them!
Really nice collection. Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks!! It has definitely been better getting them off the cards in terms of enjoying them and showing them to my daughter, but I must say I felt bad when I took the beloved tales one and the WDI 60th out of the plastic and off the card, like a piece of me died. I've become way too attached to my Toad pins I guess.

I was wondering about your Ichabod collection. I think I sent you the Katrina ptd last year. Look forward to seeing your Sleepy Hollow collection. Might be interested in trading for Toad pins.

You absolutely did! Thank you! She is still with her Ichabod ptd counterpart.

I asked my wife about whether the cork board should be just Mr. Toad or include Ichabod and she thought it best to keep them separated. The completist goal is to acquire all pins from the entire Ichabod and Mr. Toad set, which is still over 100 pins to go. I'm almost at single digits for Emperor's New Groove, so I might just go for that one first.

Thanks!! It has definitely been better getting them off the cards in terms of enjoying them and showing them to my daughter, but I must say I felt bad when I took the beloved tales one and the WDI 60th out of the plastic and off the card, like a piece of me died. I've become way too attached to my Toad pins I guess.

You absolutely did! Thank you! She is still with her Ichabod ptd counterpart.

I asked my wife about whether the cork board should be just Mr. Toad or include Ichabod and she thought it best to keep them separated. The completist goal is to acquire all pins from the entire Ichabod and Mr. Toad set, which is still over 100 pins to go. I'm almost at single digits for Emperor's New Groove, so I might just go for that one first.
And then some of the pins have both Ichabod AND Toad! (3rd board?) :tigger:

Very cool, I haven't seen a Mr. Toad collection yet! And good for you for mustering up the courage to take your pins out to enjoy them! I struggled with that conflict for about 2 seconds before I gave up and started yanking my pins off their cards, but then again, I have pretty much zero impulse-control, LOL!
And all your gifs are cracking me the heck up, hahaha!

And then some of the pins have both Ichabod AND Toad! (3rd board?) :tigger:

I can't wait to have that very problem with the Ichabod and Mr. Toad 110th Legacy LE 110 and its Disney Store LE 250 counterpart. Because of course I have to get both of them! But who am I kidding, they'll end up on the Toad board for sure! Or will they? We'll see...

Very cool, I haven't seen a Mr. Toad collection yet! And good for you for mustering up the courage to take your pins out to enjoy them! I struggled with that conflict for about 2 seconds before I gave up and started yanking my pins off their cards, but then again, I have pretty much zero impulse-control, LOL!
And all your gifs are cracking me the heck up, hahaha!

giphy.gif

I have zero impulse-control when it comes to purchasing the Toad pins, or pins in general, but once I get them, I'm like a surgeon, have to use surgical gloves, and very slowly place them in little plastic baggies. I wish I was this good at the game Operation!

This is really excellent! :D Well done! :D
Wow you already have so many! Looks great to see them on display, love it! :D

Thanks!! It has definitely been a major effort and I really can't think the amazing members of DPF and Pin Pics enough because I assuredly would not have this awesome collection without everyone's help.

Woman-Says-Thank-you-Gif-Picture.gif

Cool use of the Mickey Pin Odyssey jumbo in the middle. Great collection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it even more! How many are you still searching for?

So, so many. Probably around 80. But most shouldn't be too difficult to track down I hope. 10 are from the reveal/conceal set that I haven't started yet. There are probably 5 or so grail-level pins left, and maybe 5 others that will take more time. I knew this collection would be difficult since a lot of the pins were older and from before I started collecting, but I just love them too much. And I can't wait to get that postcard and the 110th legacy pins! And probably start a second board.

Yikes! So in May I said I had around 80 left from being a Mr. Toad completist. I’m now at under 30 only 3 months later!

Anyway, I’m gonna have to start thinking about my life choices....ok, now that that’s done, here’s my updated board!!

0iEmpCC.jpg

Yikes! So in May I said I had around 80 left from being a Mr. Toad completist. I’m now at under 30 only 3 months later!

Anyway, I’m gonna have to start thinking about my life choices....ok, now that that’s done, here’s my updated board!!

0iEmpCC.jpg

That board is looking quite full! I like that you collect both the show and the ride. Sometimes I don’t get the dumbo ride pins cuz they have weird expressions lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back