• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My new conquest.. the Disneyland Ambassador pin

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new conquest.. the Disneyland Ambassador pin

sosai x

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ambassador.jpg

This is the pin worn by Disneyland Cast Members who were selected to be an official Disneyland Ambassador. Dates from sometime between 1965 and 1986. Since there have been only about 50 Ambassadors since the program started, I don't think many of this pin were made. A nice addition to my museum.

Good luck on that one! I have a Club 33 costume pin for Disneyland, that to me is a grail in itself! I don't know which would be harder to get, but both are very cool!

Good luck on that one! I have a Club 33 costume pin for Disneyland, that to me is a grail in itself! I don't know which would be harder to get, but both are very cool!

You mean this one? I bought it last week :rofl: ...

club33pin.jpg

here's some of the other costume pieces I have purchased for my collection..

attachment.php

The afore mentioned Ambassador pin

hostess2.jpg

Disneyland Hostess pin, ca. late 1960's

sub_voyage_1959.jpg

Badge worn by cast at the opening of the Submarine Voyage in 1959

mysterymeat2.jpg

Badge worn on the costume of cast working "Canal Boats of the World" in 1955

warrick.jpg

Original Disneyland name badge worn by supervisors at Disneyland, in 1955-1958

My ultimate holy grail now is to find a pair of original Disneyland Monorail Pilot wings!!

Last edited:
Those are some very cool pins (and badges) you have there. The Club 33 pin I have is so special to me because I got it when I was working in Club 33. I think that's why I love it so much. :) Thanks for sharing some of your collection with me!

I know you mentioned you wanted more name badges and I know Cicada (Brian) took some pics for you from My D Pins.
If he did not get them to you, you should ask him about it.

Lovely D pins, Sosai!

Sosai and Dan (and other costume pin collectors), can you give me information on Pin 42955? It's listed on Pin Pics as unauthorized, but the one I have in my possession absolutely does not look squashed or low relief and is not light-weight (like other fake D pins that I've seen), so I've been trying to get info about why it's listed as unauthorized. (I'd like to show it in person to a D collector, but I don't know anyone who specializes in costume pins.)

Here's a smallish image of the one I have.
42955.jpg

In my pins album on my profile page, there's a larger image that shows close-up detail.

I would really appreciate any help or info you can offer. Please PM me if you've got any insights.

(Maybe I should be posting this in another thread, but I got carried away after seeing all Sosai's cool pins.)

i know the real ones have the pin running across the D. Some were sold on Ebay a long time ago that had the pin portion running length wise down the pin. That is all I can really tell you about them.

Lovely D pins, Sosai!

Sosai and Dan (and other costume pin collectors), can you give me information on Pin 42955? It's listed on Pin Pics as unauthorized, but the one I have in my possession absolutely does not look squashed or low relief and is not light-weight (like other fake D pins that I've seen), so I've been trying to get info about why it's listed as unauthorized. (I'd like to show it in person to a D collector, but I don't know anyone who specializes in costume pins.)

Here's a smallish image of the one I have.
View attachment 819

In my pins album on my profile page, there's a larger image that shows close-up detail.

I would really appreciate any help or info you can offer. Please PM me if you've got any insights.

(Maybe I should be posting this in another thread, but I got carried away after seeing all Sosai's cool pins.)

Are there in markings or hallmarks on your pin? For example, my Ambassador pin is stamped (C) WALT DISNEY PRODUCTIONS on the back, and my Hostess pin is marked in two places: on the bottom of the castle it's marked DISNEYLAND (C) WDP and on the back N.S. MEYER, INC NEW YORK, which is the company that manufactured it.

I looked in your profile but couldnt see the picture you mentioned. Can you post a high-res picture here?

I hate to bump this but I'm kind of in shock...
Last time I went to Disneyworld, when I was in line for Splash Mountain, I saw CM (well I guess ambassador in this case) with that exact pin. Yes, it did say ambassador, I made sure because I was confused as to what it was. Would he have traded it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back