My newest hobby...my own art!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Arendelle, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Arendelle

Arendelle Active Member

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

I've had a fair amount of reflective time to myself as I've been living in a medical facility and my hobbies have had to be slightly hampered for the time being, but I've discovered a new hobby I am just loving, and that is making my own Disney art!
    I've surprised myself that I can make the characters look as reasonable as they do (hey, don't judge me! I just started and never had art lessons!). So I'm pretty happy with myself.
    Simba was my first attempt. Just done in pencil.
    [​IMG]

Next was Bianca, also in pencil. [​IMG]

After that, I decided to try acrylics with the Mouse.
    [​IMG]

Then I was even more daring and combined pencil, ink, gel and acrylics on Marie.
    [​IMG]

Today, I tried a humanoid form (so scary!) and did Joy with pencil, ink, and gel.
    [​IMG]

I would love to hear what you all think.

I plan (at this point, due to some encouragement from the facility's art therapist) to place Mickey and Marie into an art show here locally in Florida. To do so, I have to have a selling price for them. I've never DREAMED of selling art (or being an artist) so I really don't have a CLUE what beginner art pieces should be priced at to be reasonable. I do know that they bring me joy, so I don't want to just "give" them away, but I don't want to embarrass myself by overpricing them either. I hope this makes sense.
    Also I would just love some feedback even if you don't know about beginner art prices!
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. bcol

bcol "They call me Bruce" ....and mupins

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

They look great! There's the silver lining in having to stay there. You may never have known how talented your are. JUST KEEP DRAWING!

3. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    141   0   0

These are great! I love your Bianca and Marie pictures best of all. I wish I could draw and paint that well myself, but I lack the talent and the patience. ❤️

As far as pricing your work, I'm afraid I can't help you there... But hopefully someone else on the forum can. I know we have several resident artists.

4. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

These are pretty good! If you didn't tell us, I would've thought you traced the pencil ones! The sorcerer Mickey and marie are super cute! That's so cool to find a new hobby and put yourself out there in that local show. Good luck!

5. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0

These are great! Thanks for sharing your talent!

6. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    97   0   0

Wonderful work! Love the Marie and Simba.

7. AidanShepard

AidanShepard A Villainous Villain!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Probably the best thing as a sort of "starting price", is minimum wage + how long it took you to do the art.

Or a little above minimum wage + time it took. You can factor in an extra dollar or two for materials as well, since this is traditional art. Especially for Marie, who's framed - if you plan on selling her in the frame, I'd factor the cost of the frame, too.

Also take into account the size of the art. I can't properly tell from pictures, haha.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

8. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0

That's how I price my work. Whatever price you put your time and skill level at.

9. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby It's All about the MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    82   0   0

Congratulations on finding that creative-voice inside you.

They are WONDERFUL.

Best wishes with selling them.

Look forward to seeing more.

10. Arendelle

Arendelle Active Member

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

Thanks for the help! Here's some more[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Arendelle

Arendelle Active Member

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

Mickey was denied entry due to copyright infringement issues :-( I didn't even know that was a thing! But somehow Marie was fine. It was two different shows so maybe the rules were different? I don't know. I'm really clueless about art.

12. TammyH

TammyH Active Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I think these look lovely! Good luck with your sales. I hope they do well. :)

13. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Congrats on discovering the artist in you! Hope you sell lots!

14. Arendelle

Arendelle Active Member

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Just a few more!

15. Pinfun

Pinfun Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

So pretty! Love the addition of the Santa hat!

16. isida2009

isida2009 Member

0   0   0

It is always so interesting to see people's art ^^ keep drawing, we can tell you're improving ! :) how did your sales go by the way? :)