My pins from Pinopolis Evenings of Enchantment Thursday - SHOW OFF YOUR HAUL

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by TornadoTitan, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TornadoTitan

TornadoTitan Nick Wilde's Biggest Fan

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Back from my mini WDW trip and Pinopolis Evenings of Enchantment on Thursday. The Pinopolis was my first pin specific event and really first time (aside from D23) to really interact with other pin traders in person. Nice seeing some of you folks there. Wish I was able to do the Animation Celebration event as well but hopefully next year.

Wanted to show some of the pins I got and traded for. I got a Chaser Table and it came with these pins. My first ACME pins they are nice but really big, not sure if they will fit in my collection but will be happy to use them for trades in the future:

[​IMG]

Here is my table and some of the pins I had for trading, mostly the pins I got from D23 Expo and some of my fantasy designs, lanyards, and tarot cards. You can see the line behind my table for the ACME pin pick ups.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I pulled this giant Cinderella pin from the pin board.

[​IMG]

And my Nick Wilde cosplay won me first place in the costume contest where I ended up winning this Mater ACME pin.

[​IMG]

Both the ACME Cinderella and Mater were quickly wanted by another pin trader, who offered his ACME Stitch and Aladdin, a Zootopia stained glass fantasy pin, and Zootopia WDI pin. Here are some of my other pins I traded for.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I finally got my holy grail, the Nick Wilde PTD. I had to trade my entire D23 Designer Set of 7 pins in the box, might have made a decision I did not think through but did really want Nick now happy I got him. I think I can stop collecting now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    517   0   0

3. TornadoTitan

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

It was my first pin event so I have nothing to compare it too. I was initially worried for the first hour there would be issues, since they sold out all tables on their site, but emailed me they had one open up on Thursday night (the only night I was in town) but it was a $400 Chaser Table (with the pins but I didn't really care about the pins just wanted a table). I paid for it on Paypal and when I arrived I wasn't on the Thursday table list, but instead on the Friday table list, which really worried me. Especially after one individual would not let me set up despite being one of the first people there, arriving 30 mins before set up. But the staff there helped me out and made sure I got a table and my pins (after the Grail folks got their tables). My first time at pin boards too, I was next to last but think it was a nice selection, the other events like costume contest was very nice for the kids. I saw there was the lanyard trading, but it was somewhat confusing to understand how that worked and I ended up not doing that. There was no sound system so all announcements were very hard to hear since they were shouted over a crowd. There was a big line for the folks who wanted the ACME pins that lasted the entire event. Considering I was worried it would be a lot worst, I would not get my table, and I would be out my $400 I have to say it went better than expected.

4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Wish we could have met up and traded. Looks like you did well at the event.

They were a bit disorganized and the announcements were difficult and I was right next to the trading board and still missed my spot to trade (so they let me jump in). There was so much to take your attention. The staff (different ones) kept coming by my daughter's table (she is 12) and asking if she had a table (and she did have a table.) I think they thought (hoped?) she was just sitting there taking up the space which should go to someone else. But the event people were nice enough about it. The staff finally said they were short on tables. I guess I am just glad my daughter and I were able to find two tables next to each other since we arrived only a few minutes prior to 6PM. We took the last two tables together.

Crazy busy event, but lots of fun. :)

TornadoTitan likes this.
  5. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    517   0   0

FYI: I added to the title so everyone can use this thread to show off what they got at the pin event (and also to post their experiences)

6. TornadoTitan

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Oh what day were you there? You two get any good pins from the event?

7. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Same day as you... Thursday. We were against the wall right next to the pin trading board. I am trying to recall if I saw you at all... seems like I did see someone in a Nick costume.

8. TornadoTitan

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Yeah that might be me.

The pin trading board was interesting, since my name wasn't on the list I didn't get a table number so ended up being second to last for the board. What number did you get? Did you get any good pulls?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.