• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My visit to Club 33 in pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My visit to Club 33 in pics!

Cicada

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all; just testing out our album functionality here on Disney Pin Forum; feel free to check out some snaps I took many years ago on my first visit to Club 33!

http://disneypinforum.com/album.php?albumid=1

you can also create your own photo albums [for pins or otherwise] by checking out your Albums under "Community" at the top of the forum! :)

::drool:: what did you eat there?
I had a steak, and the girlfriend had a mushroom crepe, and cheesecake for desert. They were delicious! A couple people at the table had the prix fixe menu with wine pairings. :yum:

I need one of those menu's for my newly started collection.

We have always wondered what it looked like inside.

One of my dreams is to eat at Club 33. Thanks for sharing your pics, I can always dream. :D

the pics must be at least 4 years old or so and i've been itching to go back ever since!

ohhhh ohhhhhh I have an idea..... Disneypinforum gets a club33 membership and then we could have a 1st anniversary party there :io:

Tiki is a thinker

I have a nice pin from Club 33 in my collection...

33pin.jpg

Pin 73133: DLR - Club 33 Cast Costuming Pin

more

I forgot to add I also have the Club 33 nametag in my collection...
club33.jpg

Wow! I didn't know about the specifics of this club till just now when I looked it up. I knew about it existing, but wow! Lucky! Dining there is now on my Bucket List. I hope I can eat there at least once. How does it work? Can people who are members bring people they invite for free? If you find a member to take you, do you have to pay for the food? Or is that included in the member's fees?

On a side note, wow it would be so neat to work there too!

Tiki & I dream of going there one day!:wavey: Funny, I took a pic of Tiki in front of the Club33 sign a few weekends ago lol! :lol:

ohhhh ohhhhhh I have an idea..... Disneypinforum gets a club33 membership and then we could have a 1st anniversary party there

As awesome as that would be ... and that would be awesome ... but I have bad news and worse news on the membership front. As most people know, there is a wait list for membership. The bad news is that wait list is, at minimum, 7-14+ years long. The worse news is that the wait list has been closed to new names since 2004/2005, and unless something has changed, they haven't added anyone to the list since. Not to mention the obvious fact that membership (should you be lucky enough to get it) is extremely expensive, with high annual dues and an even higher one-time initiation fee.

How does it work? Can people who are members bring people they invite for free? If you find a member to take you, do you have to pay for the food? Or is that included in the member's fees?

The membership fees entitle you to access to the club and, I think, valet parking at the Grand Californian and complimentary admission to DLR/DCA for the member and a guest. Food is not included in the membership fees. Members can invite guests and do not have to be present when the guests enjoy the club. However, part of the reason it can be so difficult to get members to make arrangements for guests without being present themselves is because members are held accountable for the way their guests behave. If guests are out of control, members can be reprimanded or lose their memberships. I believe that park admission tickets can be arranged as part of the dining experience at Club 33, but I'm not at all certain whether or not those tickets end up free, part of the dining bill, paid for later by the guests, or the member who makes the arrangements for his/her guests ends up charged for them (I've always had an AP so I never needed to ask about the ticket/dining system when I went to Club 33).

You raise an interesting question when you ask if members can bring people they invite for free. Unless pre-arranged and pre-approved by Disney (like in a donated fundraiser with all proceeds going to charity), all guests must be invited free of charge. Members are not allowed to sell the privilege of dining at Club 33 for profit; if they are caught doing so, Disney will revoke memberships. Unless, if you meant by free, you meant charge of entering the Club ... in which case, the answer still is yes. The member just makes the arrangements and the guest only is responsible for paying for his/her food (and possibly park admission, which I mentioned above).

So awesome! I agree with everyone else in this thread: I wish I could eat at Club 33. I'm nearly 100% certain I'll never get any closer to that dream than taking the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, which let us walk through the downstairs door and stand in the tiny lobby below the stairs. Thank you very much for the photos!

Thanks for sharing your pics of Club 33. They keep with the special ambiance of The Club, as your use of lighting is amazing.

I feel like such a doofus, but I never heard of this place until I read your post. After reading up on it, I must say I'm impressed! Thank you for sharing the pictures. I highly doubt most of us will ever get to set foot in there. We'll just have to visit vicariously through your photos. :hs:

Heck, I will need to break down and visit DLR, period. I've only been to WDW.

ohhhh ohhhhhh I have an idea..... Disneypinforum gets a club33 membership and then we could have a 1st anniversary party there :io:

Tiki is a thinker

I really like this!! You are one quick thinker!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back