• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Walt Disney/Jules Verne Collection (Updated: Sept. 11, 2013... Mermaids!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we just got back from our trip to France last night - with a return flight connecting through San Francisco - and I've finally sorted through some 1300 photos, so now I can share the latest additions to my collection. In Disneyland Paris the only things I got were pins, pretty much: Mysteries of the Nautilus, Space Mountain: Mission 2, Panoramagique, the 20th anniversary logo and the Disney Dreams! logo, as well as the best Pirates pin I've ever seen. As attractions go, despite my love for Jules Verne the standout was really Pirates of the Caribbean... It was so good to go on a version of it without Jack Sparrow, the movie soundtrack or any of the other vandalisms suffered by the original. The order of the Paris version is different (the caverns come at the end) but everything worked so well together that it is restored to being one of my favourite attractions. The Disney Dreams! show was also pretty amazing. We had a six hour layover in San Francisco on the way back, so we got out of the airport and checked out the Walt Disney Family Museum. It is an amazing place and I wish we had more time... even the gift shop was a little overwhelming. I ended up buying a stack of rare live-action DVDs and pins of both the museum and Carolwood Pacific logos. Anyways, without further ado...

The haul...

DSC08671.JPG

On my boards... As you can see, my Verne collection has actually lost a couple... I still own them (though I am willing to trade them off), but I don't have space enough any more. That board is maxed out and I can't even fit the Pirates nor Panoramagique pins on it...

DSC08674.JPG

DSC08679.JPG

However, when it comes to getting stuff at Disneyland Paris, I think we both did better than pins... My girlfriend and I got engaged! It was on Friday, May 3 shortly after the end of the evening Dreams! performance. I knew I was going to propose at some point in our trip to France, and that was the right moment. And yeah, I had all of France at my disposal, but Disneyland is just so "us" ^_^

DSC07917.JPG

There, I got myself a larger pin board for my Verne collection... Thanks to some leftover foamcore at work and a nice high-res Little Mermaid wallpaper I downloaded from the Interwebs, all of my collection has a home! The foamcore seems to work passably well, though it doesn't hold as securely as cork. We'll have to see whether I want to try scrounging up an 11"x17" piece of cork instead some day. For now, though, I'm very happy to have my whole Verne collection up on the wall! (and my Pirates of the Caribbean pin for good measure)

DSC08680.JPG

I went ahead and added another pin to my collection, which arrived today...

DSC08727.JPG

The Little Mermaid pin was bought quite inexpensively from a member of the forum and it just looks so cute with all my 20,000 Leagues pins that I couldn't resist! (plus, it does kind of recall the mermaids in the old WDW attraction, which used to be where the new Little Mermaid ride is) I don't know if I need to get an Ursula pin now though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back