• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

SOLD! Mysterious Hunchback pin! Please help me hunt down this elusive gem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD! Mysterious Hunchback pin! Please help me hunt down this elusive gem!

NutMeg

The Nefarious N.M.G.
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So a few days ago I was browsing Instagram, minding my own business, when I happened to stumble upon a photo of a glorious Esmeralda pin I'd never even seen before!!! (And as you can perhaps surmise, there aren't many Esmeralda pins in the first place. So the fact that I'd somehow missed one was rather mystifying.) Tragically, someone had already beaten me to buying the pin long before I'd even seen the post. :(

RS_R8e69ef1375.png

It is definitely a 100% authentic Disney pin, as evidenced by the IG photo the owner posted of the back of the pin (seen below.) If this is somehow a fantasy pin, then it's the most legit-looking damn fantasy pin I've ever seen in my life, and should pretty much just be considered an official pin.

VApiEbE.jpg

I searched for this mysterious pin on PP - no luck. I did a google search using the limited information I could glean from the IG photos, including the fact that it is, evidently, an LE 1,000 pin commemorating the 15th Anniversary of Hunchback - yep, still no luck. eBay? Zilch. Not even in the completed listings section.

Since it wasn't already on PinPics, I obviously was quick to add it myself, offering the minimal details known to me. It's now Pin 126980 in their database. I was, of course, the first to click that "want" button, after which I promptly marked it as a grail.

This pin is an enigma. It seems to have surfaced randomly out of the blue, and its elusiveness has sent me on an obsessive chase. It is now the Moby Dick to my crazed Captain Ahab.

And so the hunt for my white whale begins...

I will obviously be watching the PP listing like a hawk, and the millisecond someone marks it as a trader, I'm swooping in. And on the slim chance that a fellow DPFer already has this pin in their possession (and has inexplicably been hoarding it from me, the resident #1 Esmeralda fan *side eye*), please let me know! I'm a broke college student with a pretty meager pin budget, but I'll splurge whatever I can possibly afford for this one. Or trade. Or do a combo trade+$$. Just hit me up and I'm sure we can work something out!

And to the rest of my beloved DPF family, if I could trouble you to please put some feelers out for me, I would be eternally grateful!!! I'm not on Facebook, so perhaps some of you who do have FB could poke around on there? Likewise, if you're in any private pin groups, or if you trade at the parks, etc, etc... ANY help would be so, so, SO appreciated, you have no idea!!! You would be zapped by me for years to come!

Also, if anyone knows more about the pin itself - where it originated, if it sold out, if there's a reason why it's so rare when it has such a large edition size, etc... - I would greatly appreciate that as well!!

Thank you again, my trusty DPF fam! If there's anybody in the world who can help me acquire this pin, it's definitely you guys. <3

Last edited:
That’s what I’m thinking. It might have had the PP made and then for whatever reason the pin itself either wasn't made or wasn’t distributed, so only the PP version exists.

I’ll keep my eyes out just in case.

Have you considered asking the Instagram seller who bought it? That’d be the first place i’d go! Good luck!

Dang it, the PP theory makes a lot of sense... although I'm hoping for my own sake that that's not the case, or that there are at least other PP samples floating around. :'(

The Instagram seller actually had no idea what they were sitting on, it was basically a "Can anyone identify this pin?" type of post. It's kind of weird that such a valuable, one-of-a-kind pin would make its way to some random person who doesn't even collect Hunchback... But anyway, I actually know the person who bought it, and he's a fellow Esmeralda collector, so he definitely won't be selling/trading it to me. He's a nice guy, and I'm happy that the pin went to someone who actually collects Hunchback instead of someone who just wants to hoard grails, but he already has SO many amazing pins, haha. He has like 10 different collections and they all include BT's and Villain Profiles and PODM's and whatnot. Idk how he does it, because I'm pretty sure he's still in high school!

Thanks so much for the help, guys! It sounds like searching for this is pretty futile, but if anyone happens to unearth some new info on it, please do continue to let me know! <3

Dang it, the PP theory makes a lot of sense... although I'm hoping for my own sake that that's not the case, or that there are at least other PP samples floating around. :'(

The Instagram seller actually had no idea what they were sitting on, it was basically a "Can anyone identify this pin?" type of post. It's kind of weird that such a valuable, one-of-a-kind pin would make its way to some random person who doesn't even collect Hunchback... But anyway, I actually know the person who bought it, and he's a fellow Esmeralda collector, so he definitely won't be selling/trading it to me. He's a nice guy, and I'm happy that the pin went to someone who actually collects Hunchback instead of someone who just wants to hoard grails, but he already has SO many amazing pins, haha. He has like 10 different collections and they all include BT's and Villain Profiles and PODM's and whatnot. Idk how he does it, because I'm pretty sure he's still in high school!

Thanks so much for the help, guys! It sounds like searching for this is pretty futile, but if anyone happens to unearth some new info on it, please do continue to let me know! <3

Most likely they got it on a trader board or a manager lanyard. I wonder if they went to a pin event and got it off a board there. Good luck on finding it. I'll keep an eye out for you at this year's event.

Most likely they got it on a trader board or a manager lanyard. I wonder if they went to a pin event and got it off a board there. Good luck on finding it. I'll keep an eye out for you at this year's event.

Thank you, that's so sweet of you! <3 I don't get to go to pin events since I live around Seattle, but hopefully that will change when I move to LA soon. :)

Thank you, that's so sweet of you! <3 I don't get to go to pin events since I live around Seattle, but hopefully that will change when I move to LA soon. :)

You should def check out the annual pin event in Orlando some time! I went last year for the first time, and it was cray cray. Fun, but cray cray.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it. <3

This goes to show, how small the Disney Pin Trading World can be.

So, I asked my friend if she knew anything about the pin in question. This is her response...

"No. As a matter of fact, my friend and I just recently saw it was added to Pin Pics, and we'd never seen it before."

My response: "that additional was made by the collector I am inquiring about it for."

I did add that you found out it was a PP, and there were several in agreement here, that think it may have not made it's way to the final mfg process.

I'm sorry I couldn't get the answer you want and need. However, your efforts in posting it to Pin Pics has not gone unnoticed. ;)

This goes to show, how small the Disney Pin Trading World can be.

So, I asked my friend if she knew anything about the pin in question. This is her response...

"No. As a matter of fact, my friend and I just recently saw it was added to Pin Pics, and we'd never seen it before."

My response: "that additional was made by the collector I am inquiring about it for."

I did add that you found out it was a PP, and there were several in agreement here, that think it may have not made it's way to the final mfg process.

I'm sorry I couldn't get the answer you want and need. However, your efforts in posting it to Pin Pics has not gone unnoticed. ;)

small-world-bluesnap.gif

Hehe, thanks so much for reaching out to them like that! Unfortunately I think the never-actually-produced theory is the only one that makes sense. /: I mean, an LE 1000 pin of a less-popular film definitely shouldn't be this hard to find! But I'm still holding out hope that there are other PP samples floating around somewhere, and that I can eventually track one down. Just gotta keep grinding and recruiting more spies to look for it! Lol.

Sidebar rant: it's so frustrating that Disney didn't go through with manufacturing this! I feel so ripped off. Us Hunchback collectors get so few pins to begin with, and they couldn't even bother to throw us a bone for the film's anniversary?! Ugh. Actually, to be fair, there *was* a 15th anniversary pin, but it had those damn gargoyles on it (easily the worst part of an otherwise amazing film!), and the design was super boring. I can't believe they chose THIS over the one with Esmeralda:

pin85083

I can only assume it must have been cheaper for them to produce this much plainer gargoyle version, and hey why splurge on us measly Hunchback collectors? /rant over, sorry! #justiceforhunchback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back