• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need Advice about Princess Designer Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Advice about Princess Designer Dolls

Clara9271

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
OK so I have 5 dolls:

AURORA
POCAHONTAS
RAPUNZEL
JASMINE
TIANA

I wanted to keep them for myself but I really want the pin set better (LE 150).

Do you guys think it would be a good deal to trade my dolls for the pins? If so, what would be a fair trade?
I'm still thinking about it but I want to hear from other people.

Thanks!

-Clara:wiggle:

Well, the dolls are selling for much higher than the pins. You could probably sell your dolls and then just buy the set.

You think so? I kinda wanna keep my dolls but then at the same time I would rather have the pin set. But this doesn't sound like a bad idea:)

Thanks

If you are going the eBay route and you have somewhat limited resources to devote to getting the pins (the sets are currently hovering around $1000 and up range), you could maybe keep your favorite 1 or 2 of the dolls you have and sell the others to turn over into a pin fund... Right now, it looks like, of the dolls you have, Aurora is fetching the highest prices on eBay... If you are after the complete pin set, I would not buy the pins individually, since you will not get the box or CoA.

I would personally keep the dolls just because i think that they are really beautiful and different, the pins don't really do much for me I feel like they lack detail. That being said I would say if you like the pins better then I think that that would be a pretty fair trade. Just remember that if your shipping the dolls that will also take a lot of time and money.

If you are going the eBay route and you have somewhat limited resources to devote to getting the pins (the sets are currently hovering around $1000 and up range), you could maybe keep your favorite 1 or 2 of the dolls you have and sell the others to turn over into a pin fund... Right now, it looks like, of the dolls you have, Aurora is fetching the highest prices on eBay... If you are after the complete pin set, I would not buy the pins individually, since you will not get the box or CoA.

Yes I was thinking of keeping Rapunzel and Jasmine, and maybe selling the other 3. Do you think about the trading for them part?

I would personally keep the dolls just because i think that they are really beautiful and different, the pins don't really do much for me I feel like they lack detail. That being said I would say if you like the pins better then I think that that would be a pretty fair trade. Just remember that if your shipping the dolls that will also take a lot of time and money.

YES!! the dolls are BEAUTIFUL!! and your right about the whole shipping and time. that seems like hassle idk why

Yes I was thinking of keeping Rapunzel and Jasmine, and maybe selling the other 3. Do you think about the trading for them part?

A trade for the whole set of pins with 3 or even 5 dolls is unlikely, since anyone with the complete Designer pin set would know what they potentially could get for them on eBay. The dolls' selling prices on the secondary market are in the $125+ range, so you are at a bit of a disadvantage by only having 5 of the 10 on hand. Also, remember that anyone who bought the pin set at the D23 Expo also had access to pre-purchasing the whole doll set... But keep your eyes open and ask around. You may find someone out there who wants what you have and has what you want!

Actually, they are not 125 each. You have something most anyone else doesn't have- a set of all 5. So instead of buying from 5 different people, they can buy all the dolls from you and be done (which makes your 5 dolls worth more). I've seen the 5 go from 1200 to 950 ish not including shipping. Good luck!

Value aside, I think the dolls are much nicer than the pins and a much better keepsake. The dolls are beautifully detailed and I feel the pins fall short and don't even compare. Down the road, after all this craziness has died down, I think you (and others who weren't a part of this madness) will always be able to look at the dolls and appreciate them. The pins on the other hand, I can see a lot of people looking at them later and thinking "why did I need these so badly?"

I was talking about this with my sister (jadeites-lady) and she said, pins or dolls? Which would you rather have? And I realize, I would rather have the dolls :)

I think I might sell them not because of the pins but for other reasons. I might not sell all of them just some like Jasmine, Rapunzel and Tiana.
How much do you guys think I should put them up for?
Do you guys recommend putting them up here on the pin forum?

I think I might sell them not because of the pins but for other reasons. I might not sell all of them just some like Jasmine, Rapunzel and Tiana.
How much do you guys think I should put them up for?
Do you guys recommend putting them up here on the pin forum?

I know that there are a good number of people here that missed out on getting some or all of the final 5 dolls, so, you may consider giving the pinforum folks a first shot at it, and if they don't sell after a set time designated by you, then you could post them on a different venue. Ideally, the price would be something closer to retail cost, plus whatever you paid for the tax, and then there is the shipping cost to consider. However, one should also consider the time/trouble you took in obtaining the dolls, too, to make it fair for you. Completed sales on venues like eBay will give you an indication for the prices that the dolls are currently selling there. Good luck! :)

I know that there are a good number of people here that missed out on getting some or all of the final 5 dolls, so, you may consider giving the pinforum folks a first shot at it, and if they don't sell after a set time designated by you, then you could post them on a different venue. Ideally, the price would be something closer to retail cost, plus whatever you paid for the tax, and then there is the shipping cost to consider. However, one should also consider the time/trouble you took in obtaining the dolls, too, to make it fair for you. Completed sales on venues like eBay will give you an indication for the prices that the dolls are currently selling there. Good luck! :)

Thank you.. You really have good advice. I will think about it today and if I decide then they will be posted by tonight or tomorrow early. Seriously, thank you for the awesome advice!!!!

Thank you.. You really have good advice. I will think about it today and if I decide then they will be posted by tonight or tomorrow early. Seriously, thank you for the awesome advice!!!!

You're welcome! I'm all about fairness! :) Also, the Disney Princess Designer Dolls have become my little pet project, and I totally want everyone who wants them to have them. The biggest tragedy was that the process of obtaining these pretty dolls and other merchandise related to them became so dark, for the reasons mentioned often before on different threads...

Clara - if you had to spend the night to get these dolls, I would also take this into consideration (your time is worth $) on your purchase price. While, ideally, it would be nice to offer them for a price close to retail + tax + shipping, I don't think anyone here would expect you to sell these dolls for $327.50 ($59.50 base price, 10% tax [since I think that's the max sales tax in the country, but who knows]) and that doesn't include shipping.

You shouldn't sell yourself short either.

It looks like most people are offering each of these last five dolls for $150-200 postage paid.

Just remember - there was an uproar a few months ago about the pin set (original retail $200) and someone was selling it for $365 within a week of D23 (I should have jumped on that price but was still out of the country!). That person, I'm sure, had to spend time in the lines (who knows how long), missing out on the other stuff the D23 convention was offering.

You're welcome! I'm all about fairness! :) Also, the Disney Princess Designer Dolls have become my little pet project, and I totally want everyone who wants them to have them. The biggest tragedy was that the process of obtaining these pretty dolls and other merchandise related to them became so dark, for the reasons mentioned often before on different threads...

Yea I agree with you. I had to sleep on the sidewalk to get my dolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back