• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Need an opinion about a TDS sub-collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need an opinion about a TDS sub-collection

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
Recently, I have been trying to get the complete series of 20 TDS Character Sketch pins, like this one:

pin66144

What I did not realize (thanks Fluffycat1 for the info) until recently is that there were 20 corresponding Dangle Key pins that matched up to the Sketch on each of the cards, like this:

pin66143

Here is my question. I am displaying the Sketch cards and pins themselves in a binder with photo sheet pages, so it can have the card along with the pin, but these Dangle pins are not packed the same way. They come on sealed mini cards, like this:

HaulforJune28.jpg

I was going to open them and put them on felt sheets in the same binder as the Sketch pins, but some have said trying to get all 20 is nearly impossible (I have 13 so far), so I was wondering,

Should I hold off on opening the Dangle pins until I get all 20, as if it is impossible to get all 20, keeping them sealed will make it easier to trade/sell off if I choose to part with what I have acquired so far?

Last edited:
wouldnt say impossible as you got 13 so dont see why you cant keep a look out etc for the other 7 as you never know you might be able to find them.

How many of the sketch pins have you acquired? Do you think you will be able to complete that set?

If so, depending on your level of love for the series, I would go ahead and open the key pins. Then I would make a frame with the sketch pins along the top, and the key pins along the bottom (or vice versa, depending on which pin is bigger). Then there would only be empty spaces on the bottom of the fram, until you complete the key series (even if it is a year or two down the line, it would still look nice.) Also, if you have them in a frame already, you may find that people will be more willing to help you complete the set.

If you don't think you'll be able to complete the sketch series, and you will have different characters than the key pins, then there will be mismatching spaces along both the top and the bottom, so it will look silly (similar to my Pixar Shorts mystery collection, where they released different characters on chasers, so they don't match with the original element pins).

So... I guess my advice would be to wait to open the key pins, until you have at least completed the sketch series. Of course, I have no idea if you are planning to frame them or not. I'm thinking from my perspective, and this is what I personally would do.

I have some of these pins and couldn't decide how to display them either. I debated about putting the pin on the sketch board but thought it would be too hard to line up. So what I did was take the dangle pins out and put them in the hole on the larger sketch card so that way they were displayed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back