Neopets anyone?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by jadeites-lady, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jadeites-lady

jadeites-lady Bookworm Belle

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

I was wondering if anyone plays the virtual game Neopets? I started playing in 2001.

2. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    87   0   0

Never played but my son use to collect the little plushies that McD gave away in happy meals. I think he still has some Technos around here somewhere. I think that as around 2004.

3. Rvaya

Rvaya Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I never got into it. I was much more into Gaia Online. That's where I met my husband. :)

4. Ninpin

Ninpin Mothmouse

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Not anymore, but I played it early on for 3-4 years back when Adam and Donna were running it and the staff was really involved with the community! The place was a lot better to me back then. Things involved a lot of imagination, since there wasn't a whole lot of flash at the time, but the community was amazing! I had an active guild and a help site similar to Pink Poogle Toy at the time. A lot of my efforts went into the Beauty Contests (for those rolling their eyes right now, it's basically an art contest - LOL) and making pet pages. Though I liked the Battledome, I was never rich enough to get my pets all that strong. I played a lot of the flash games though!

I met some of my longest lasting friends on Neopets! And I found deviantART because of it too!

We've tried to get back into Neopets several times since we quit years ago, but it has never felt quite the same, and we aren't fans of the newer "style" they started using, or the cash shop stuff, or the ads, etc..

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  5. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Member

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0

I haven't played in forever but just made a new account: swiftswallow - feel free to add me!

6. Pengy

Pengy Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

I was so addicted to neopets, oh my. It was pretty much my disney as kid before I found pins. My original account is near 14 years old probably, my current account almost 12.

7. jadeites-lady

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

I still play off and on (more so off). Usually once a month I would log-in and put my pets into the NeoLodge so they would be fed (Cockroach Towers @ 5 np/night for 28 nights). :)

But lately, I've been back on playing a few games here and there. I don't like the updates they did on some of the games :p

8. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    202   0   0

I used to be heavily into neopets, in the late 90's/early '00's. I was huge into kaus, and had the largest collection of kau items on the site, as well as many of the paintbrushes. Then my account got hacked and most of my items and gold got sold or stolen. I contacted the site about it but their response basically went "you must have given your password to someone too bad so sad." Which turned me off from using the site anymore.

I've gone back to visit a few times since then but it just seems like a sea of pay-to-play. I haven't been back in several years.

9. jadeites-lady

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Yes, it is more of a pay to play, which I do not like. I have not bought any NC and only earned them through certain games, etc.

10. echoharmony

echoharmony Active Member

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0

I still play occasionally, I've had my account since 2001 and had an awesome pirate gallery until I recently decided to switch to archery. My name there is echobabygirl :)

11. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

12. Dalamara

Dalamara Active Member

Rating - 100%
    99   0   0

I play! Been addicted for more years than I care to admit lol :D I'm Dalamara75 on Neo, if anyone needs friends.

13. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

I'll add you there, so will sis :) Might add you on a side account too. Also, are you interested in a cybunny?

14. Argentine

Argentine All glory to the Helix!

Rating - 100%
    76   0   0

I get on and play the Neopets Stock Market every day. It's a daily habit of mine that I just can't give up. :p My oldest account is 13 years or so, but my current one is: AsheNabradia if anyone wants to add me.

15. raikipins

raikipins Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Haha, the degree of my addiction to this site fluctuates, but I've always loved it and still play fairly regularly now. xD And it's almost time for the Advent Calendar!

16. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

Yes, less than a month til the Advent Calendar, love that!

Anyhow I've requested Dalamara and Argentine to be my friends on NP. I'll do the same request on sis' account tonight and maybe a side account or two, lol.

And in case anyone wants to join a guild, sis' guild has openings. Mine too. Both of ours kind of, well, don't have active people there anymore :(

17. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

Thanks for accepting my friends request Becky & Argentine :)

18. jadeites-lady

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

I also added Dalamara and Argentine as neofriends...well, sent a request.

19. chubs191

chubs191 Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer

Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0

I loved Neopets as a kid. All the freebies everyday, gambling early, and I had a green Cybunny. That's actually where I got my pseudonym from. I have a 14 or 15 year old account. Unfortunately, my email gets reset on my account every year or so I don't log in and I have to contact Neopets to get it tied to my account again so I can log on. I stopped trying last time and gave up on my old account completely.

20. Elphaba

Elphaba Member

0   0   0

This thread has been a nice trip down memory lane :) I just reactivated my apparently 13 1/2 year old account (geez, that long ago? Time flies). It was nice to see my old Neopets...honestly had forgotten about them but now I remember them and am starting to remember how special they were to me. However, I've not been on for many years and I don't really remember what to do, plus I think some things have changed. I'll play around with it a bit more but I'm not sure I'll be able to jump back into it or not. Would definitely be more fun with active friends on there though... If anyone starts a DPF group on there, let me know!

21. jadeites-lady

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

22. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

BTW, Dalamara and Argentine, I've made you VIP friends on my list so if you want anything, let me know, I may have it in the SDB. I've been on Neopets since November 2001.

Sis has been on since June 2001. I actually played games on her account for a few months before I decided to have my own, lol.

23. Disneycollector4994

Disneycollector4994 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

that site still exists!? :eek:
    I hope its been updated with better graphics, quality, and speed

24. Disneycollector4994

Disneycollector4994 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I got back into Neopets. xD
    I was wondering if anybody here has any NC Mall items cause I'm looking for these wings from 2013

25. Dalamara

Dalamara Active Member

Rating - 100%
    99   0   0

I have a TON of NC Wings... Which ones did you need?