• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New (and Sad) Warning about DSF Jessica Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
New (and Sad) Warning about DSF Jessica Pins

Merryweather

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
408   0   0
I hate calling doom & gloom one more time, however I want to warn the fine members of this forum.

I have very recently spotted Pin 95954: DSF - Jessica Dancing Jumbo - Tango (Surprise
Release)
and some other Jessica dancing pins on Ebay from well known East Coast counterfeit sellers.

Although those seem to be 3 different Ebay ids, I have reason to believe that they all belong to the same person/family as all 3 are all registered in NC. In the past, people mistakenly bought from them also confirmed that the Paypal address was the same. These sellers have already sold HIGH VOLUMES of WDI Jessica DCA costume pins in the past that were supposed to be LE 150. It gets a bit hard to believe that someone based on the east coast would have 40+ authentic copies of the same LE 150 pin and willing to sell it at $10 or less .. LOL ..

Same Jessica pins are also being sold by another California seller who mixes counterfits with seemingly legit pins. How do I know this? Because this seller sold many many many of the same WDI Jessica LE 150 pins in the time I had him/her on my watch list as well. Though I can not prove him/her to be 100% counterfeit seller, I would never buy from this seller either.

Here is the saddest thing: This time, 3 out of 4 of these sellers have these pins on original card, in cellophane and complete with price tag & bar code :( So, the counterfeit manufacturers are getting better & better at imitating the originals.

I know some might get mad at me for yelling doom & gloom, but better safe than sorry. I pray to be wrong on this, but I have a gut feeling that these guys will pump out more of these pins into Ebay and maybe even via Facebook.

Last edited:
Telling the difference is fairly easy - well, for now at least until they will see this post and correct the mistake:

See the comparison below:

Jessica_zps55472d49.jpg

They forgot to color her skirt behind Jessica's bent knee. The pic on the left is my suspected counterfeit. Right now there are 3 like this on Ebay.

well, this is very sad--i think i just bought one of those pins!!! it was a jessica in cars land outfit. i questioned the low price, but thought i was just lucky. now i see the seller is from north carolina which is where she bought the fake jessica tango pin. i have learned on e-bay to only buy pins where they show the real pin on the original card--not just the artwork or no backer card. it they are faking these too--how are we supposed to know? has anyone been able to get e-bay to take them back?

are we able to name the well known scrapper/counterfeit sellers? i suppose they will just change their names, but i'd still like to know. despite how sad it is, i do appreciate the info.

The good news is that as far as I know there aren't any scrappers of the Jessica in dlr costumes, just the dca costumes. But I have definitely noticed the suspicious about of the four dance pins being sold at incredibly low prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back