• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New collector..super excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New collector..super excited!

BriV97

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I just recently got a Disney pass again and I'm super excited because I haven't had one in like 4 years and Disneyland is literally my favorite place on this planet. Anyways, on my first visit back after getting a pass again I was introduced to pin trading and thought it would be a super cool and fun thing to do so I got a lanyard and a few pins from the store in downtown Disney just to get me started but as soon as I got home I went on eBay and bought a lot of 25 pins for $12 and I just got them today! Super excited to get started on this trading and collecting adventure! Currently wanting to get some frozen pins and attraction pins as well like pirates of the Caribbean and space mountain.

Welcome to DPF. I hate to be the bearer of possible bad news but, those $12 pins you bought on ebay are probably what are called scrappers. There are many articles on this forum that describe what a scrapper is and what to look for. Before you get to far in I would suggest you do a lot of reading here to educate and protect yourself.

Happy trading and good luck

Welcome to DPF, BriV97! :fig:

25 pins for $12 certainly sounds like a too-good-to-be-true deal. Be sure to check them out carefully to be certain they aren't counterfeit. You might want to post photos for our resident "experts" to look at ;)

I echo what vans4bkah mentioned; there are plenty of both helpful articles and people here on the forums, many of whom share your experience: being excited about buying a lot of cheap pins, only to find that they may not be real. Don't be discouraged! DPF is a great place to learn and meet friendly new people! :)

Hope you have a great time here!

Welcome! Everyone here is super helpful and friendly to boot! I hope you got a great deal on those pins and not what it usually turns out to be!

Hi there, and welcome!!! :D When I first started, I got one of those pin lots too, and they turned out to all be junk... It's so easy to be fooled by scrappers and fake pins. Thankfully the people on this great forum were a huge help! I am sure they will be to you too, and I hope we can trade together sometime.

Hey everyone I would post a pic of my pins I got so someone could verify if they're real or not but I'm on my phone and im not sure how to upload pictures..any help?

:wavey: A Big HELLO and WELCOME.

Yes, one has to be careful with buy 'pin lots' on eBay. Most of them are 'not' authentic Disney pins.

I hope to meet you at the park someday.

Here's wishing you many trades and new friendships!

Best Regards,
Connie

:wavey: A Big HELLO and WELCOME.

Yes, one has to be careful with buy 'pin lots' on eBay. Most of them are 'not' authentic Disney pins.

I hope to meet you at the park someday.

Here's wishing you many trades and new friendships!

Best Regards,
Connie

Thank you! I'm in the process of inspecting them to figure out which are good and which aren't. I hope to see you there one day as well!

Welcome to DPF and your new addiction!!! :D I am keeping my fingers crossed that you received legitimate pins, unfortunately have to agree that it is most likely not the circumstance. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back