• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Parks Authentic Pins on DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Parks Authentic Pins on DS

luvsulley

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Sorry if this old news but I was browsing DS.com and noticed they had a bunch of new Disney Parks Authentic Pins. They have Figment mystery Pin Set, Snow White Piece of Movie History, Stitch & Lilo and Jack/Sally Valentine's Day Pin Sets.

Yeah...they have been putting park pins up for awhile now. I've actually been wondering if this isn't why the DS.com releases have slowed. With park attendance down and LE's sitting on the racks maybe they are pushing more to DS.com and taking a piece of the action that resellers are having. Hopefully DS.com exclusive pins don't go away completely, but this may be a big reason why they are slowing down... Also, the slow down started after Halloween....so maybe they decided to save the "Tink as" series for next year???....just theories....

Last edited:
Yeah...they have been putting park pins up for awhile now. I've actually been wondering if this isn't why the DS.com releases have slowed. With park attendance down and LE's sitting on the racks maybe they are pushing more to DS.com and taking a piece of the action that resellers are having. Hopefully DS.com exclusive pins don't go away completely, but this may be a big reason why they are slowing down... Also, the slow down started after Halloween....so maybe they decided to save the "Tink as" series for next year???....just theories....

Park attendance isn't down.... and they've put up park pins for over a year now. Why not? We live in the Internet Age, it's about time.

Last edited:
With the increased edition sizes and lack of want to get it pins, DS.com is appeal to the mass that can't get to the park and can now get it online for the same price + shipping. My guess is if it's online and it's not in your core wants, the ratio will be upside down and trade/value will be null. I just hope buyers don't think they are DS.com pins and buy a few thinking they will be great traders and be stuck with them?

DS.com might be going to LE 100 or LE 150 sets only to try to create a DA type of buyer and still have the DLR/WDW pins for the everyday person that either can't get to the park and end eBay resale for new releases that do not sell out at the parks?

Atleast for me, the shipping kills the sale because I only want 1 pin. Guess I'll have to trade for the ones I want with the 700+ pins on my trade list.

Park attendance isn't down.... and they've put up park pins for over a year now. Why not? We live in the Internet Age, it's about time.

I don't know about that....it seems to vary depending on what source you look at. I do know that from personal experience that when I was there in September of 2010 that it was absolutely dead. I had NEVER seen so few people there. (kind of awesome actaully! :) ) But during that time a lot of people were still being drawn to Universal because of Harry Potter. Plus, even if attendance isn't technically down, people may be buying less due to the economy.

At any rate, it is difficult to determine when they actually decided to start doing this. Just because they started putting them up a year ago doesn't mean that they didn't make the decision to do so two years ago. There would be a lot of logistical things to work out and things in corporate America can move like molasis.

Also, I've got to think that the resellers are a big part of this. Yes, we are in the internet age, but if it wasn't for them I'm not entirely confident Disney would be doing this. For a long time one of the draws to the parks was that you could buy stuff there that you couldn't get anywhere else. But, resellers busted that up with the explosion of ebay. So, in today's world it would be silly for Disney not to do this, but not necessarly because of the internet....more because of how others are using the internet.....my hunch on the matter anyways...

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...tic-theme-parks-disney-spokeswoman-kim-prunty

The Figment reveal/conceal collection is being sold as a mystery box, not as a reveal/conceal collection. DS.com will not allow you to pick which box that you want to buy. I had a similar experience at Pin Traders in DTD Orlando last week. They only had ten boxes on display of just two of the ten revealed pins. They had all ten different revealed pins back in the storeroom! But, they would only sell all ten revealed pins as a set, not individually. Fortunately, Anaheim allows you to pick which reveal/conceal pins to buy.

Are you talking about the ones from the disneyshopping.com pins I was told they never came up for sale..

Yes, I'm talking about those. They never did come out which is why I'm guessing that maybe they decided to save them for next years release in case they really are cutting back on the number of releases going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back