• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store doll images found

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Store doll images found
New Dolls on Sale at the Disney Store

I went to Disney store to see if they had put any new dolls on stock and they did they had charlotte la bouff and the fairy godmother so I had to buy them there was also a genie doll but I wasn't able to buy him because I didn't have enough money :-( I wonder why they aren't putting them online yet

Thanks for the info, lisaDoll101! I will go to my local DS today to see what they have. And yes, sometimes the Disney Store makes new items available in stores before they are for sale online. Sometimes, as with some Princess Designer merchandise, the items are never made available online.

So I did go to one of my local Disney Stores, and they had Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella, King Triton, Charlotte and Fairy Godmother for sale. The Charlotte doll was $12.50 - the list price. There was a sale of classic 12'' Disney Princes and Princesses for $9.50, but since Charlotte isn't a "classic" or official princess, she isn't included in the sale. The store looked like it was entirely cleaned out of their most popular Christmas items, since there were no Animator or Singing Princess dolls at all, and the only official 12'' Princess doll for sale was poor Tiana. I was surprised by how poor a selection of Princess dolls they had. I bought Charlotte and Wedding Cinderella dolls, but decided against buying King Triton and Fairy Godmother, for now.

Here are photos of their store displays (except for Cinderella, whose photo was badly out of focus):

New Disney Store Dolls - Instore Displays - Dec 28, 2011 by drj1828, on Flickr

New Disney Store Dolls - Instore Displays - Dec 28, 2011 by drj1828, on Flickr

yeah I know what you mean about the poor selection of princess dolls we only had jasmine here. So you didn't see the genie there that's a bummer he's pretty cool looking I hope to get him next time I go to the Disney store :)

Charlotte - Boxed and Deboxed

Here are some photos of my newly purchased Charlotte 12'' doll, both boxed and unboxed. First a short review.
Charlotte La Bouff, Tiana's best friend from The Princess and the Frog, is a newly released 12'' play doll produced and sold exclusively by the Disney Store. She was released the week of December 26, 2011, and is in stores only so far, not online. She retails for $12.50, and was not part of the $9.50 sale on 12'' Prince and Princess dolls.

Her most obvious feature is her big, blue crossed eyes. She has bright pink lips, a little nose, and a round face. Her blonde hair is in an updo with large curly bangs and a large curl in front of each ear. There is a gray tiara in her head and matching earrings. She is in an all pink outfit, with satin top, skirt and collar, a large satin bow in front of her waist, mesh puffy short sleeves and mesh top skirt. Underneath she has a full length tulle petticoat, and pink high heeled shoes.

I think that she is very cute, with a well designed outfit. The stiff tulle petticoat keeps her satin dress nicely puffed up. But for the crossed eyes and round face, she could be mistaken for a human version of Tinker Bell.

Charlotte 12'' Doll - New Disney Store Release - Boxed - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Charlotte 12'' Doll - New Disney Store Release - Boxed - Back View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Charlotte 12'' Doll - Deboxed - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Charlotte 12'' Doll - Deboxed - Midrange Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Charlotte 12'' Doll - Deboxed - Front Portrait View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Charlotte 12'' Doll - Deboxed - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Charlotte 12'' Doll - Deboxed - Lifting Skirt - Full View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Charlotte 12'' Doll - Deboxed - Lifting Skirt - Midrange View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Charlotte 12'' Doll - Deboxed - Portrait by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Charlotte 12'' Doll - Deboxed - Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

She is such a pretty doll. I just don't like that she looks cross-eyed.

yeah I know what you mean about the poor selection of princess dolls we only had jasmine here. So you didn't see the genie there that's a bummer he's pretty cool looking I hope to get him next time I go to the Disney store :)
Nope, no Genie in my store. I think I'll go to another nearby store next, so see if the Genie is there.

She is such a pretty doll. I just don't like that she looks cross-eyed.
I understand your point of view. I prefer to think of her as staring at an imaginary fly at the end of her nose. I think the cross-eyes makes her more unique and adorable.

Charlotte La Bouff, Tiana's best friend from The Princess and the Frog, is a newly released 12'' play doll produced and sold exclusively by the Disney Store. She was released the week of December 26, 2011, and is in stores only so far, not online. She retails for $12.50, and was not part of the $9.50 sale on 12'' Prince and Princess dolls.

Her most obvious feature is her big, blue crossed eyes. She has bright pink lips, a little nose, and a round face. Her blonde hair is in an updo with large curly bangs and a large curl in front of each ear. There is a gray tiara in her head and matching earrings. She is in an all pink outfit, with satin top, skirt and collar, a large satin bow in front of her waist, mesh puffy short sleeves and mesh top skirt. Underneath she has a full length tulle petticoat, and pink high heeled shoes.

I think that she is very cute, with a well designed outfit. The stiff tulle petticoat keeps her satin dress nicely puffed up. But for the crossed eyes and round face, she could be mistaken for a human version of Tinker Bell.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68105287@N03/6591571605/

Disney Store Charlotte 12'' Doll - Deboxed - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68105287@N03/6591709515/

Disney Store Charlotte 12'' Doll - Deboxed - Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

Thanks for providing the 411 on Charlotte! I agree that she looks a lot like Tinkerbell, and it's not just her hair. It appears that Disney is using the same head design for Charlotte that is used for Tinkerbell. Her eyes are not as bad as I thought they would be when I saw the official TDS images from post #1 of this thread. They are sure not what I would call a normal position for eyes, but I could see myself getting this Charlotte doll to go with the Mattel version released a while back. It's too bad they did not give her a pair of gloves. No proper southern lady would be caught at a social gathering without her gloves! I would love to see Disney make a deluxe version of Charlotte in this dress, complete with the full horizontal volume that this gown ought to have. Wishful thinking, I know!

I would love to see Disney make a deluxe version of Charlotte in this dress, complete with the full horizontal volume that this gown ought to have. Wishful thinking, I know!
I was thinking the same thing, Shiva! I think it'd be absolutely gorgeous.

Went to my Disney Store yesterday and no new dolls yet...*sigh*...I guess I have to wait.

Yeah, it's a no-go at TDS in Colma, CA as well. They had one last Once Upon A Wedding Cinderella (which I finally caved in and bought because she is so very pretty in person). Otherwise, they only had the regular assortment of princesses, princes, and alternate outfits for the princesses. No Charlotte, No King Triton, No Fairy Godmother, No Genie, and definitely No Mother Gothel!!!!! Not even a smidgeon of a hint that they were ever sold there. I forgot to ask the cast member about any sort of expected release of the new dolls as I was making my purchase (duh!).

Are there any pictures of the Genie doll at all?
Here's a photo of the Genie from Aladdin, posted in the DVDizzy.com forum:

IMG_2191.jpg

Here are links to a few photos of a newly purchased UK Disney Store Mother Gothel doll, from a UK Flickr member:

Tangled Mother Gothel - Boxed and Deboxed

Tangled Mother Gothel - Deboxed Full Front View

Tangled Mother Gothel - Deboxed Closeup View
Here's one more from the same Flickr account, that is so nice I will post the image here. Click on it or the link below it to go to the Flickr site for more and larger images.

Mother Gothel and Rapunzel from Al's Toy Barn on Flickr.

Here's a photo of the Genie from Aladdin, posted in the DVDizzy.com forum
Here's the text part of the post from where the Genie photo was taken, with some interesting details of the other new Disney Store dolls:
As wonderful as it is to see them, there are a few things I don't like. After opening the Fairy Godmother I discovered that her entire bottom half is plush. They didn't give her legs! Her arms also don't move from the position they are in. They did give her a full head of hair though (which is freakin adorable lol) and you can pull her hood back if you want.

Triton's upper half is completely plastic and I don't like how his hair and beard are more gray than white. His torso is also small when compared to Eric and Ariel, which is really funny because he's SO much larger than them in the movie. His tail is plush, but that's ok to me. I like that his tail actually looks like a fish tail as opposed to Ariel's tails which are always made of tulle.

I HATE that Genie's arms are frozen in a crossed formation. I mean, really? Why not just make his arms adjustable like Triton's? The same can be said for Fairy Godmother too. Genie's legs are also plush, which seems to be a common trend at this point.

Charlotte is the only one who appears to be a typical doll and seems pretty neat. If I'm going to pick up any more just to have on my Disney shelf, she'll be next!

After reading this, and also seeing King Triton and Fairy Godmother in person, I'm going to pass on buying the half-plush new dolls.

Thanks for the intel, DRJ1828! Wow, what on Earth is Disney thinking about making partial-plush dolls? From the sound of it, they cannot stand up on their own without a doll stand. I think I will also have to pass on all of the new dolls, except Charlotte and Gothel.

I have the Triton I'm sure, is it the same as the one made by Simba years ago? Most of their product was half plush to keep costs down.

Yay! Just purchased a Charlotte. :D She looks so adorable and is the perfect addition for my PatF collection. I know it's wishful thinking, but I wish they would do a Dr. Facilier. :)

Charlotte Compared To Tinker Bell

Since a lot of people, including myself, have remarked that the new Charlotte doll resembles Tinker Bell, especially from certain angles, I have made some comparison photos of Charlotte with both the Disney Store and Disney Parks Tinker Bells.

Charlotte and Two Tinks - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Charlotte and Tink - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Charlotte and Tink - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Charlotte and Tink - Portrait Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Charlotte and Tink - Portrait Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Charlotte Swaps Outfits With Tinker Bell

Next I had Charlotte and Tinker Bell swap identities by wearing each other's outfits. More precisely, Charlotte wears the Disney Park Tinker Bell's dress with wings, and the Disney Store Tinker Bell's shoes (since they fit her much better - Disney Park's Tink has huge, flat feet). And the Disney Park's Tinker Bell wears Charlotte's dress and petticoat. Since Tinker Bell is an inch shorter than Charlotte, and has a thinner body, their outfits aren't quite the right size for each other. It was a real struggle to squeeze Charlotte into Tink's dress, and Charlotte's dress is very loose on Tink, but the petticoat helps to hide that.

Charlotte As Tink and Tink as Charlotte - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Charlotte As Tink and Tink as Charlotte - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Charlotte As Tink and Tink as Charlotte - Portrait Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Charlotte As Tink and Tink as Charlotte and Tink as Tink - Full View by drj1828, on Flickr

Charlotte As Tink and Tink as Charlotte and Tink as Tink - Midrange View by drj1828, on Flickr

Interesting comparison! Though somewhat similar, their head sculpts are actually different between Charlotte and the Tinkerbelles. It is particularly noticeable in the noses and mouths. Charlotte's head shape is simlilar to the non-Disney Parks Tinkerbelle (i.e. more rounded at the chin), but the noses are definitely different. :) That said, they look like sisters!

I like the dress, but I am not crazy about the way her hair is pulled back at the top, making it look like she has a bumpit in there (maybe it's just the angle of the photo). If they make a Flynn doll to go with Tangled Ever After Rapunzel, I may need to add them both to my wish list! The box mentions that she's made by TDS, so we may see her at retail and online soon, too!

***Edit***
Who am I kidding? I know I'm going to buy this Rapunzel doll! :) I have many of her other TDS dolls: Rapunzel in her original dress (now featured as the Disney Parks Rapunzel doll), Rapunzel in the pink dress in the giftset with Flynn, and Designer Rapunzel. This also keeps up with the wedding princess doll theme, assuming Once Upon A Wedding Ariel is re-released in the future.

Last edited:
I like the dress, but I am not crazy about the way her hair is pulled back at the top, making it look like she has a bumpit in there (maybe it's just the angle of the photo). If they make a Flynn doll to go with Tangled Ever After Rapunzel, I may need to add them both to my wish list! The box mentions that she's made by TDS, so we may see her at retail and online soon, too!
I'm checking my local DS after work, but I'm buying her in Disneyland, since I can use my Annual Pass to get a discount there. Disney sure is bringing out a lot of new dolls right after Christmas!

I'm hoping that the 12" Mother Gothel doll may make her US debut soon, too. Tangled Ever After seems like a good time to bring her out, even though she's technically deceased by the time Rapunzel and Flyn get married. Still, I would think that from a marketing standpoint, it seems like a golden opportunity. (hint, hint, TDS...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back