• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store doll images found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The rumors are true. I googled this particular item and saw that a few people have been posting about this. So I decided, ehh..might as well say it now, since it's already out of the bag.

There will be another limited edition doll releasing in late March. This will be a preorder.

It is going to be Rapunzel, the Ever After Wedding doll version of Rapunzel. For those wondering if she will be blonde or brunette.. She will have brown hair :hsd:

Who's excited?!?

Last edited:
Yes. The rumors are true. I googled this particular item and saw that a few people have been posting about this. So I decided, ehh..might as well say it now, since it's already out of the bag.

There will be another limited edition doll releasing in late March. This will be a preorder.

It is going to be Rapunzel, the Ever After Wedding doll version of Rapunzel. For those wondering if she will be blonde or brunette.. She will have brown hair :hsd:

Who's excited?!?

OMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! That news makes my year. :D I absolutely LOVE the limited edition dolls (definitely more so than the designer dolls) and have been anxiously awaiting another one. But the fact that she's going to have brown hair is like the cherry on top. :)

Oooh that's exciting...I can't wait to see what she looks like! I have over $100 in Disney Store gift cards that's been burning a hole in my wallet and I've been waiting for something awesome to use it on....if Rapunzel looks good I might have to spend some on her!

ElleB...thanks for the info! I had a few questions:

-I returned something to DisneyStore.com, and they refunded my order with a DisneyStore gift card...which is essentially just an email they sent me with a gift card number. Can I write down this number (or print out the email) and use this "gift card" at an actual store, or do I have to use it online?

-How do the preorders for dolls work? I have never done a preorder of anything before. :)

-Do you know how much she will cost?

Thanks!

Who's excited?!?

Wow, this is exciting news for collectors of the 17" LE dolls! Thanks, ElleB! It's good that Disney is recognizing the fan base that likes Rapunzel's short brown hair, as I've seen quite a few OOAK dolls styled to the look. I imagine that her gown will be very lovely, but her veil can't possibly be the length that it was in Tangled Ever After (it would never fit in a doll box!). I suppose that the autumn LE doll release will be for Cinderella, since they appear to release the LE dolls only twice a year, usually linked to the Blue-ray releases of the films:

Snow White - October 2009
Tiana - March 2010
Belle - October 2010
Rapunzel - March 2011
Mother Gothel -March 2011
Alice - August 2011
Queen of Hearts - August 2011
Wedding Rapunzel - March 2012 (there are no scheduled princess Blu-ray releases in spring 2012)
Cinderella - autumn 2012 (???)

For Jasmine fans, it looks like Aladdin has been re-entered into the Diamond Edition series for a spring 2013 release, and for Pocahontas fans (Moondance :) ) we're looking at an autumn 2013 Blu-ray release (though I don't think that Pocahontas will be part of the Diamond Edition series - as Alice in Wonderland, The Princess and the Frog, and Tangled were not Diamond Edition). With that, we can only assume that LE 17" dolls will be paired with these releases, since Disney knows that Princess dolls are in demand. Of course, this information is all tentative and subject to change (look at Dumbo's constant release delays on Blu-ray), but I'm glad they rejoined Aladdin with the group of films from the previous Platinum Edition DVDs, after it's odd exclusion when Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 was released on Blu-ray (and not even as part of the Diamond Edition series). (http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mo...rs-aristocats-pocahontas-etc.html#post5718831)

This is all speculative, but if Disney completes an LE 17" doll set for the 10 princesses, based on the Platinum Edition DVD releases, we can expect that Ariel will see her Diamond Edition Blu-ray & LE 17" doll release in 2014. Mulan could be interjected at any time as a wild card. Aurora already had her Blu-ray debut in October 2008 with no 17" LE doll, before Snow White's October 2009 release, so if Disney makes a subsequent Diamond Edition Blu-ray, we'll see her LE doll last, unless they make her doll a wild card.

Last edited:

Who's excited?!?
Thank you ElleB, for the news! And thank you, Disney, for making a brown haired wedding Rapunzel LE 17'' doll!

Can I assume she will have short hair? And have you seen any photos of her yet? Will she be $99.50 as were the previous LE 17'' dolls? And when will pre-order begin?
Answers to any or all of my questions will be greatly appreciated.

There are no pix yet. I hope the visuals come soon. She will have the short brown hair in an ivory gown. She is 99.50. Preorders will be next month after valentines day. I really hope it will be Cinderella in the fall. And I hope they do another snow white doll! I am so mad I passed her up! If you guys have any more questions just ask and feel free to pm me too.

My managers and I read a few years ago that there would be at least 2 LE dolls released from Disney per year. I can't remember if that was what was announced in the newsletter that we get, but I remember hearing about that after the success of Snow White, that the company wanted to do more LE dolls.. my manager told me this sometime before Tiana's LE released. Sorry, my memory is fuzzy..I'm not exactly sure anymore haha...but we did hear about the 2 dolls per year things from somewhere lol...

I do pay extra attention to the dvds played in the store. I feel like Disney is giving off sneaky hints in the scenes they play lol..I haven't seen a Cindy clip in a while til now =)..Wonder if that was on purpose?

I have no clue if Pascal will be her. :(

Wow, this is exciting news for collectors of the 17" LE dolls! Thanks, ElleB! It's good that Disney is recognizing the fan base that likes Rapunzel's short brown hair, as I've seen quite a few OOAK dolls styled to the look. I imagine that her gown will be very lovely, but her veil can't possibly be the length that it was in Tangled Ever After (it would never fit in a doll box!). I suppose that the autumn LE doll release will be for Cinderella, since they appear to release the LE dolls only twice a year, usually linked to the Blue-ray releases of the films:

Snow White - October 2009
Tiana - March 2010
Belle - October 2010
Rapunzel - March 2011
Mother Gothel -March 2011
Alice - August 2011
Queen of Hearts - August 2011
Wedding Rapunzel - March 2012 (there are no scheduled princess Blu-ray releases in spring 2012)
Cinderella - autumn 2012 (???)

For Jasmine fans, it looks like Aladdin has been re-entered into the Diamond Edition series for a spring 2013 release, and for Pocahontas fans (Moondance :) ) we're looking at an autumn 2013 Blu-ray release (though I don't think that Pocahontas will be part of the Diamond Edition series - as Alice in Wonderland, The Princess and the Frog, and Tangled were not Diamond Edition). With that, we can only assume that LE 17" dolls will be paired with these releases, since Disney knows that Princess dolls are in demand. Of course, this information is all tentative and subject to change (look at Dumbo's constant release delays on Blu-ray), but I'm glad they rejoined Aladdin with the group of films from the previous Platinum Edition DVDs, after it's odd exclusion when Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 was released on Blu-ray (and not even as part of the Diamond Edition series). (http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mo...rs-aristocats-pocahontas-etc.html#post5718831)

This is all speculative, but if Disney completes an LE 17" doll set for the 10 princesses, based on the Platinum Edition DVD releases, we can expect that Ariel will see her Diamond Edition Blu-ray & LE 17" doll release in 2014. Mulan could be interjected at any time as a wild card. Aurora already had her Blu-ray debut in October 2008 with no 17" LE doll, before Snow White's October 2009 release, so if Disney makes a subsequent Diamond Edition Blu-ray, we'll see her LE doll last, unless they make her doll a wild card.

Last edited:
There are no pix yet. I hope the visuals come soon. She will have the short brown hair in an ivory gown. She is 99.50. Preorders will be next month after valentines day. I really hope it will be Cinderella in the fall. And I hope they do another snow white doll! I am so mad I passed her up! If you guys have any more questions just ask and feel free to pm me too.

I'm also hoping for some sort of 75th anniversary Snow White doll this year. It's a great milestone year, and there is so much other recent Snow White media presently around (upcoming non-Disney films, Once Upon a Time, etc.). Unfortunately, I don't think that Disney will ever re-release the very lovely 17" LE Snow White doll, due to it's LE nature, but if they made something similar in terms of beautiful detailing, that would be fabulous!

I just found an article on a Blu-ray forum that states, "The last confirmed re-release is the Disney animated classic The Little Mermaid, which has been scheduled for a September 13th, 2013 opening." Oh, I hope they release a LE Ariel doll around that time frame as well, one with a tail :x: Non-princess related, we should see Finding Nemo released on Blu-ray September of this year as well as Monsters, Inc in January 2013.

For preorders instore you will need to go to the store and pay upfront for the doll. They will give you a receipt and a brochure. That receipt will be stapled on to the brochure. They will take your name and number and write it on the other voucher that prints out with your receipt and put it into an envelope with the rest of the vouchers. They will also write your name and number down on a list to keep track of the guests and dolls. You will then pick up your doll at the same store you did your preorder on the release date. You must have a valid ID when you pick up the dolls. We need to confirm that it is really you picking up your dolls.

There are limits and restrictions when it comes to preorders. I won't be surprised if they enforce any of those rules that they did for the Designer Doll series onto this one.

I have not preordered any dolls online before. I have only collected the LE Rapunzel doll and Mother Gothel doll and I was lucky enough to buy those two in store.

Also, with the future Little Mermaid release for 2013...I was wondering why parts of that movie were inserted into the dvd that we play at work..sneaky Disney! lol :hsd: Hopefully if all of those upcoming future releases are true, I really hope that the next LE doll will be Cindy..or maybe they'll do a wildcard like when they did with Gothel. Maybe they'll throw in another Wedding Doll variant of Rapunzel with blonde hair haha. :naughty: With Disney, anything goes

Last edited:
For preorders instore you will need to go to the store and pay upfront for the doll. They will give you a receipt and a brochure. That receipt will be stapled on to the brochure. They will take your name and number and write it on the other voucher that prints out with your receipt and put it into an envelope with the rest of the brochures. They will also write your name and number down on a list to keep track of the guests and dolls. You will then pick up your doll at the same store you did your preorder on the release date. You must have a valid ID when you pick up the dolls. We need to confirm that it is really you picking up your dolls.

There are limits and restrictions when it comes to preorders. I won't be surprised if they enforce any of those rules that they did for the Designer Doll series onto this one.

I have not preordered any dolls online before. I have only collected the LE Rapunzel doll and Mother Gothel doll and I was lucky enough to buy those two in store.

Also, with the future Little Mermaid release for 2013...I was wondering why parts of that movie were inserted into the dvd that we play at work..sneaky Disney! lol :hsd: Hopefully if all of those upcoming future releases are true, I really hope that the next LE doll will be Cindy..or maybe they'll do a wildcard like when they did with Gothel. Maybe they'll throw in another Wedding Doll variant of Rapunzel with blonde hair haha. :naughty: With Disney, anything goes

Thank you very much for the very detailed info ElleB :bigthumb:
& I think if the upcoming Brave film becomes very successful like Tangled, Disney might make the next LE doll be Merida. :p

OMG I'm extremely excited!!!! Finally the news are revealed, and the wait was completely worth it because it's something about Rapunzel!!!! I want to preorder mine as soon as possible!!! Thanks so much for the info!

will it be availble in preorder for Europe too? I 'd love to have the rapunzel short brown hair limited edition too ^^

ElleB, thank you for the wonderful news! Oh dear me, I envy you all who have easy access to Disney Stores so you can definitely pre-order! I don't live in the US, so I'm hoping really that they'd make it available online! :) Oh do let us know ElleB, if they'd make it available.

I think this time i will not preorder her.. i just like rapunzel with long golden hair.. not the shorter version.. and at least, i have my rapunzel dolls. I will not have stress anymore for a wedding doll ;) :) but obviously i am curious about her :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back