• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012
Pictures :)

5p1m5u.jpg

nlrce1.jpg

Transforming Elinor Doll $21.95 from Disney Hollywood Studios.

WOW she looks amazing !!!! :eek:)

Wow, thanks so much Thimble for the info and the pics of the transforming Elinor doll! She looks great! I hope she is also available in Disneyland when I go there this weekend!

Wedding Rapunzel and Flynn Rider 12'' Dolls - First vs Second Releases

Rapunzel & Flynn Wedding Doll Set

Tangled Ever After Flynn Rider Doll

Tangled Ever After Rapunzel Doll

The older release (in the US) of the separately sold Tangled Ever After Wedding Flynn Rider ($19.50 US) and Wedding Rapunzel ($22.50 US) 12'' Dolls are compared to the just released (in the UK) Tangled Ever After Rapunzel & Flynn Wedding Doll Set (£25.00 = $38.70 US).

We see that the Flynn dolls appear to be identical. Wereas the new Rapunzel doll, besides having short brown hair, rather than long braided blonde hair, has a simplified wedding gown. The outer skirt is missing the floral and solar pattern that is on the outer skirt of the separately sold blonde Wedding Rapunzel. The gold trim on the dress is also simpler on the newer doll than on the older release.

The image of the older on the left is by me, from my collection. The image on the right is from the UK Disney Store website.

Wedding Rapunzel and Flynn Rider 12'' Dolls - First vs Second Releases by drj1828, on Flickr

Also I just took some pictures with my cell phone video that went up in his facebook Merrianne. Are some prototypes, and other curiosities ...

20120607_092930.jpg20120607_093046.jpg20120607_093123.jpg20120607_093210.jpg20120607_093216.jpg20120607_093336.jpg

in them can be seen, a plush doll, with new dress, the Merida toddler doll, which to me seems to squint, and a new cinderella.Oh! and is also the Queen Elinor classical version ......

that Wedding Cinderella plush looks exactly like one I already have that came out last year, I wonder if its old stock or if they are planning to re-release the same one again ;o)

I hope they release 12" versions of Drizella and Anastasia! I would so buy those for my villainess doll collection!

Last edited:
I love the DS mini dolls, mostly cause they don't take up much room. I have some real space issues!

I like the Cinderella set very much. Hopefully when it's Cinderella's month, it'll come out in the UK. I'd love it if they did some more mini sets with some villains in. Snow White including the Evil Queen and Sleeping Beauty including Maleficent would be great.

I also really hope they release that Merida in the blue dress. I bought the one in the dark blue recently and it's one of the best dolls in this soft style that they've done (in my opinion, anyway).

The mini Cinderella doll set is adorable! I really hope Disney keeps up with this trend. I'd love to see a Little Mermaid mini set with Ariel, Eric, King Triton and Ursula. Who wouldn't love that??

The US Disney Store website has put up a new banner recently showing the "revamped" Princess looks:

tt200_princess_20120427.jpg

As you can see, some of the Princesses hairstyles have changed, Snow White's red bow is on the side of her headband and not on the top, and all of their outfits look slightly different. I am assuming they are changing the dolls and other merchandise to reflect this new "look". :)

More new banners:

fs200_cinderella_20120514.jpg

fs200_sleepingbeauty_20120514.jpg

As a followup to the princess' new looks, Disneystore recently (I think) released some new "Summer Fun" water bottles featuring the Princesses in ANOTHER change of dress.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

All the dresses appear more chiffon-y, light, and sheer. Rapunzel, Belle, and Snow haven't changed much.
Ariel's dress is very similar to her green banner debut dress, but this time it has no sleeves and she wear pink. You can see Jasmine in the corner wearing a one-shoulder top and detached arm sleeves.
Aurora and Cinderella get the most noticeable changes though. Cinderella's sleeves are now more off the shoulder and less poufy, the neckline is a definite V, the skirt poufs have been softened and a light blue insert has been added in the center of her skirt.
Aurora's hair is positively wavy. The angles on her dress have been softened, especially her shoulder line. The peplum waist has been lost entirely and been replaced with a medieval-inspired waist tie.

What do you guys think of these changes? They might only stick around on these water bottles, but some of the ideas I could see them incorporating into dolls. Thoughts?

Does anyone know when the new 12" classic dolls will be out? I was also wondering if the current dolls will be marked down any further than the $8, or will they just integrate them in with the new dolls?

~Thank you~

Judging by this picture I have just seen on the back of the box of one of my Disney Store goodies that was delivered today, I would say it looks like a definate that the UK stores will be getting the Transforming Elinor and Triplets dolls in the near future :eek:) .... yay, I wonder when they will finally turn up ? ....

179912_375416345851210_1176154091_n.jpg

Where do people get all these early images?!

we spend a lot of time searching the Internet. The Disney Store website usually puts up images early and I created a program to go out and scan for these new entries. I run the program about twice a week and am currrently looking at around 2,000 entries (with about a 70% hit) - many of the products that show up are already available. but every once in a while a new one gets picked up. I also review new product pages on their site to see if they have started using a previously unknown block of numbers. Patience is the key word :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back