• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012
Great pictures! My BRAVE Nesting dolls arrived today! =) It was extremely difficult to open the last few though

Here's a video of the new LE Cinderella! <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_LYIfNKpeE&feature=youtu.be&a
Oh gosh there is only 5000 though....I think there will be a fight for her, because I know I want her.

Thanks for the link! Here is the previous photo from StitchKingdom, and a couple of screen captures from the new video:

LE 17'' Cinderella - Sneak Peek - StitchKingdom by drj1828, on Flickr

LE 17'' Cinderella Doll - StitchKingdom - 2012-06-27 0044 Detail by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Cinderella Glass Slipper - StitchKingdom - 2012-06-27 0022 by drj1828, on Flickr

Thanks for the link! Here is the previous photo from StitchKingdom, and a couple of screen captures from the new video:

LE 17'' Cinderella Doll - StitchKingdom - 2012-06-27 0044 Detail by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Cinderella Glass Slipper - StitchKingdom - 2012-06-27 0022 by drj1828, on Flickr

5000? are you serious?? this would be the first time i try to get a 17" doll. I really would love to have her, I hope we all get a chance.

why. does she have. the curl on the side of her head? but otherwise I think she looks really lovely. I wish her dress had been more silvery though. at least they made the puffs white like they should be and not light blue.

i'm really loving that glass slipper too.

Has anyone had major issues ordering the 17" dolls from the website? I'm new to collecting them (I didn't really know of the line until the Tangled Wedding one), and I've been buying them in person because I hate the website after the designer doll madness (I had a Snow White order that was screwed up beyond belief, as in they told me it was cancelled AFTER having claimed it had shipped). But if this doll comes out in September or later I probably won't be able to buy it in person. Also, does anyone know the release date yet?

Oooh I like Cinderella! I wonder what determines the edition size...I mean I would assume more people would want a Cinderella doll over a Merida doll...yet they are only making 5000 Cinderella and made 7000 Merida...who knows...

I feel like they are trying to portray Cinderella in her "new" look, with the sheer sleeves, sparkly dress, and the more youthful-looking updo. I wish she was a little more "true to the movie", but I guess none of the LE 17" dolls are (I think the most "looks like the movie" doll is Tiana...otherwise they all have different enhancements to their outfits, etc.).

The only thing I don't like (and didn't like with the Designer Doll either) is her choker with the beads hanging down...it reminds me of an old-West saloon girl...but maybe it's just me. :) I also wish she had a "prop" or something, but I can't think of what it would be (and I guess the designer's couldn't either).

Also, does anyone know where the pictures are from? It looks like some sort of event or trade show. Just curious. :)

I also really like the vintage-looking raglan shirt with the navy sleeves...super cute!

It's very interesting that they are keeping the initial LE princess dolls at 5000. I guess they want consistency across the board for the core set (non-Wedding, non-surprise release LE dolls): Snow White, Tiana, Belle, blonde Rapunzel, and Cinderella. I think that the main thing I really don't like the whispy curl of hair that is on the side of her face. It looks like she has real bangs (and not the side-swept, flat bangs), which is good. The necklace is not a deal-breaker, but a simple black ribbon would have looked better for me. Also, is it me, or did they put prom-like, star-shaped tinsel in her hair?

I guess we can only assume the release date is October 02, but pre-orders may be available about a month before.

Last edited:
Oh no, I think I see that cheesy tinsel too... I guess I will have to try and doctor it up if I get her LOL! ;)

p.s. Just thought about something after the mention of Wedding dolls... does anyone think it is possible Cindy (and maybe even Ariel) will have a 17 inch Wedding doll along the line?

The talking Merida looks awesome! Any idea on size? I'd love it if she was a 12" so she'd match the Elinor.

Disney Store New Princess Doll Releases - Store Displays and Purchases - 2012-6-30

I went to my local Disney Store today (June 30, 2012) to get the new Classic Princess 12'' Dolls that were just released, and to my surprise they had lots of new Cinderella dolls, too. Some of the dolls and toys I had not even seen images of before.

I got all 10 new Classic Princess Dolls, including their last remaining Belle doll (except the one for their display). I'm glad the Classic Dolls are on sale for 2 for $22, so I didn't have to pay the list price of $14.50. I also got the Deluxe Cinderella Doll Set, which was $79.50, a bit more expensive than I expected, and the Cinderella Mini Doll set ($19.50). They had lots of plush Cinderella related dolls, but I'll get them another day, as I already had to make two trips to the store to carry all my stuff to my car.

Disney Store Displays of New Princess Doll Releases - 2012-06-30 - View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Displays of New Princess Doll Releases - 2012-06-30 - View #11 by drj1828, on Flickr

Cinderella Deluxe Doll Set - The Disney Store - Boxed - Full Front by drj1828, on Flickr

Cinderella Deluxe Doll Set - The Disney Store - Boxed - The Good &amp; The Bad by drj1828, on Flickr

Cinderella Deluxe Doll Set - The Disney Store - Boxed - The Tremaines by drj1828, on Flickr

Cinderella Mini Doll Set - The Disney Store - Boxed - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

:O wow that is a lot of nice new Cinderella stuff!! Is that a Bruno plush I see?? & it looks like there's a mini plush of Cindy in the pink dress? And a carraige playset :O that looks like a new dress in that one.. I can't wait to check out the stuff :) I hope there will be a Lucifer plush!!

& the deluxe doll set looks really nice, I wonder if we will see any other dolls of the step family in the future.

Ooooh WOW, I love all the new Cindy stuff :eek:) .... I hope we will be getting these in the UK soon as Cinders is ne of my fave Princesses ;o)

With all the new Cinderella stuff DRJ1828, was there any sign of the new Cinderella Animators doll fashion pack ? ...

396958_386280874764757_820147864_n.jpg

Ughs I'm really crossing my fingers that the Tremaines are sold separately. Buying the whole set would really burn a whole in my wallet lol.

:O wow that is a lot of nice new Cinderella stuff!! Is that a Bruno plush I see?? & it looks like there's a mini plush of Cindy in the pink dress? And a carraige playset :O that looks like a new dress in that one.. I can't wait to check out the stuff :) I hope there will be a Lucifer plush!!

& the deluxe doll set looks really nice, I wonder if we will see any other dolls of the step family in the future.
There was a Lucifer plush, but only in the top shelf (display only). And yes, the Cinderella in the Carriage playset is a Wedding Cinderella in the new style. Here's a pic of Lucifer, and a closer pic of the Carriage playset.

Disney Store Displays of New Princess Doll Releases - 2012-06-30 - View #10 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Displays of New Princess Doll Releases - 2012-06-30 - View #15 by drj1828, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back