• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012
I'm glad there was no official announcement of when the pre-order was to take place. So there wasn't the rush that happened with the Designer Princess Collection releases. I just pre-ordered one online, and will get another when my local store opens at 10 am. The doll looks really beautiful from the website images, and can't wait to see her in person. Here is a link to full sized (2000x2000) images on my Flickr account, obtained from the Disney Store site, and the full product information:

LE Cinderella Doll - 18'' Pre-Order - Disney Store - 2012-07-30
Pre-Order Limited Edition Cinderella Doll: 18''
Item No. 6070040901401P
Price: $99.50

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo! The Fairy Godmother has worked her magic on the stunning dress featured with this Limited Edition Cinderella Doll. The bodice is encrusted with sparkling rhinestones and her hair is beautifully styled and accented with jewels!

Product Details

Available to own October 2, 2012
Please Note: Each Guest will be limited to ordering a maximum of one of this item per order.

•Satin bodice covered with rhinestones
•Full peplum features layers of tulle and organza detailed with rhinestones
•Choker of ebony beads
•Opera gloves dotted with silver rhinestones
•Hair is accented with a glittering headband and gleaming hair clip
•Display stand included
•Plastic /polyester
•18'' H
•Ages 6+
•Imported
•Includes Certificate of Authenticity
•Limited Edition of 5000

WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.

^^ ugh! I saw them too! $250?!!! Are they serious?! People disgust me. I hope im able to get the money to preorder her before she sells out :(

I ordered my Cinderella this morning...can't wait to see her in person! :)

They showed her running with a glass slipper behind her...I hope she actually has glass slippers! (clear heels...I'm sure they won't really be made of glass LOL) :)

I wonder what the next 17" doll will be after Cinderella...I feel like they came out with Cinderella so fast after Merida, which is still for sale on the website!

Between the Cinderella doll and the Designer Villains, I would be surprised if they came out with another LE doll before next spring...but maybe they are trying to crank them out while they are popular...who knows. :)

I'm wondering if anyone is of the same opinion with me on this...

I adore the Cinderella LE doll form the waist up... She is just beautiful, but something about the skirt bugs me. It's not that it's bad or ugly, but the skirt just feels a bit plain compared to the rest of the doll (and the skirts on the other LE dolls).

LE Cinderella Store Displays

A few photos of the store displays for the new Cinderella merchandise, including the LE Cinderella. They had the front island devoted to Cinderella, plus half of the island behind it. There was a huge glittering silver skeleton of the pumpkin coach framing the front display.

LE Cinderella Store Displays - Pre-Order Day 2012-07-30 - Front Display Island - Wide View by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Cinderella Store Displays - Pre-Order Day 2012-07-30 - Back of Front Island by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Cinderella Store Displays - Pre-Order Day 2012-07-30 - Front of Second Island by drj1828, on Flickr

Your pictures are so beautiful, DRJ1828! I hope they help to convey to people how pretty she really is in person compared to the stock photos. I am very much looking forward to getting her. :) I can't wait to see your deboxed pictures of her in October, and also to see her shoes!

Preordered mine after work today. Turns out my store is only getting FOUR, but because there was no major announcement, I was only the second person to preorder. Yay for my luck.

I am sad to say, though, I wasn't blown away seeing her in person the way I normally am when I see these dolls. Oh well. Still need her for my collection. ;)

I ordered my Cinderella this morning...can't wait to see her in person! :)

They showed her running with a glass slipper behind her...I hope she actually has glass slippers! (clear heels...I'm sure they won't really be made of glass LOL) :)

I wonder what the next 17" doll will be after Cinderella...I feel like they came out with Cinderella so fast after Merida, which is still for sale on the website!

Between the Cinderella doll and the Designer Villains, I would be surprised if they came out with another LE doll before next spring...but maybe they are trying to crank them out while they are popular...who knows. :)

The LE Cinderella doll release date is coordinated to the release of the Cinderella Diamond edition (DVD/BluRay) which also happens October 2nd.

I love the photos! LE's always look a TON better than Disney Store's stock images =)

I certainly had fun returning Cinderella to her 'original' colours =)

k1fg9l.png

Wow, I really love your recolored version of her! I wish they had made her like that; it's a pet peeve of mine that they always seem to code her in blue when her dress in the movie clearly had silver in it! (Also, Aurora always being in the pink version of her dress!). I pre-ordered anyway though; I hated the stock photos of Rapunzel LE, but ended up loving the doll in person.

I wish her dress had really been the ball gown like the movie. I realize that they had to skinny it down to fit in the box, but it's not "her" dress. And they didn't make her nearly as pretty as they made Snow White.
snowwhitedoll.jpg

Last edited:
I love the photos! LE's always look a TON better than Disney Store's stock images =)

I certainly had fun returning Cinderella to her 'original' colours =)

k1fg9l.png

I totally love your modified color version of her! I often wonder what is going on in the minds of the marketing & product development departements that keep her with pale blond hair and a bright blue gown. The animation department stuck with Cinderella's original coloring even in those unfortunate sequels, so not everyone at Disney has forgotten what she looked like in her original film!

Bought mine online at around 5:15am eastern time! She is very pretty! I like her eyelashes! I hope the production doll has the same lashes ;)

I also hope that the eyelashes are uniform for all 5000 dolls, unlike what they did with the LE Wedding Rapunzel doll. These eyelashes look very pretty and not too long. Just right!

I'm wondering if anyone is of the same opinion with me on this...

I adore the Cinderella LE doll form the waist up... She is just beautiful, but something about the skirt bugs me. It's not that it's bad or ugly, but the skirt just feels a bit plain compared to the rest of the doll (and the skirts on the other LE dolls).

Preordered mine after work today. Turns out my store is only getting FOUR, but because there was no major announcement, I was only the second person to preorder. Yay for my luck.

I am sad to say, though, I wasn't blown away seeing her in person the way I normally am when I see these dolls. Oh well. Still need her for my collection. ;)

I was looking at my LE Snow white, LE Rapunzel, LE Alice, and pictures of LE Belle and LE Tiana for comparison, and I think the major difference is that LE Cinderella's dress does not have much in the way of eye-catching texture for the fabrics of her gown other than the gemstones. LE Snow White has real embroidery throughout the yellow part of her dress, a velvet bodice, pleated fabric and lace for the components of the collar, and gold beading on her cloak and dress. LE Rapunzel has the textured print on her bodice and inner skirt, lace trim, the glittery stencil design along the border of her outer skirt, and the pleated fabric on her sleeves. LE Alice has ruffles galore. LE Tiana has visual dimensions with the layers of lilypad leaves on her dress and the crinkled fabric of the skirts underneath to give texture. LE Belle has the gathered-drapes effect of her gown. So by comparison, LE Cinderella's dress does look a lot more simple. Another thing that is a bit odd in the stock photos is that the hemline of the bejeweled overskirt is longer than the dress.

I love how coraline gave LE Cinderella a bolder color of lipstick in her recoloring of LE Cinderella. She looks a lot more glam. The pale pink lipstick they keep giving the Cinderella dolls looks ok close up but not so good from afar.

I wish her dress had really been the ball gown like the movie. I realize that they had to skinny it down to fit in the box, but it's not "her" dress. And they didn't make her nearly as pretty as they made Snow White.

I agree that it would have been glorious if they had made a more true-to-film rendition of the actual design of Cinderella's gown, complete with a fuller skirt (and it could have been done, since LE Rapunzel's skirts are just about as full as Cinderella's ought to be) and rounder, poofier sleeves. They also could have added more detail to the skirt if they had included the tri-fold gathers in the front of her skirt, like the Mattel Signature Cinderella doll (which for me is still probably the best recreation of Cinderella's ballgown to date, even if it is blue -- it still has a lot of white and the bodice has a silver brocade pattern to reduce the overall blueness). Sadly, I have a feeling that no LE doll will ever quite match the amount of work and detail they put into LE Snow White, probably due to the cost of production for these dolls.

It's cheaper if you live in Canada to order online (but only by about $15) but shipping to Canada is very expensive, if you have somewhere to ship it to in the states then it's not bad.

LE Cinderella Doll - New Product Images

The US Disney Store website has put up new, improved images of the Limited Edition 18'' Cinderella Doll. They have removed all of the original stock images, except for the box image. Here they are. Click on the images or the links for high resolution versions (2000x2000 pixel):

Pre-Order Limited Edition Cinderella Doll - 18'' - Product Image #1A by drj1828, on Flickr

Pre-Order Limited Edition Cinderella Doll - 18'' - Product Image #2A by drj1828, on Flickr

Pre-Order Limited Edition Cinderella Doll - 18'' - Product Image #3A by drj1828, on Flickr

The new stock photos are way better than the original ones, though it's too bad that they did not redo the one with her "losing" the glass slipper on the steps of the palace. The colors look more vibrant in these, and now we can see that the skirt actually is pleated under the jeweled sheer white layer to give that visual interest to her dress. I like her a lot more now! :)

I also hope that the eyelashes are uniform for all 5000 dolls, unlike what they did with the LE Wedding Rapunzel doll. These eyelashes look very pretty and not too long. Just right!

I was looking at my LE Snow white, LE Rapunzel, LE Alice, and pictures of LE Belle and LE Tiana for comparison, and I think the major difference is that LE Cinderella's dress does not have much in the way of eye-catching texture for the fabrics of her gown other than the gemstones. LE Snow White has real embroidery throughout the yellow part of her dress, a velvet bodice, pleated fabric and lace for the components of the collar, and gold beading on her cloak and dress. LE Rapunzel has the textured print on her bodice and inner skirt, lace trim, the glittery stencil design along the border of her outer skirt, and the pleated fabric on her sleeves. LE Alice has ruffles galore. LE Tiana has visual dimensions with the layers of lilypad leaves on her dress and the crinkled fabric of the skirts underneath to give texture. LE Belle has the gathered-drapes effect of her gown. So by comparison, LE Cinderella's dress does look a lot more simple. Another thing that is a bit odd in the stock photos is that the hemline of the bejeweled overskirt is longer than the dress.

I love how coraline gave LE Cinderella a bolder color of lipstick in her recoloring of LE Cinderella. She looks a lot more glam. The pale pink lipstick they keep giving the Cinderella dolls looks ok close up but not so good from afar.

I agree that it would have been glorious if they had made a more true-to-film rendition of the actual design of Cinderella's gown, complete with a fuller skirt (and it could have been done, since LE Rapunzel's skirts are just about as full as Cinderella's ought to be) and rounder, poofier sleeves. They also could have added more detail to the skirt if they had included the tri-fold gathers in the front of her skirt, like the Mattel Signature Cinderella doll (which for me is still probably the best recreation of Cinderella's ballgown to date, even if it is blue -- it still has a lot of white and the bodice has a silver brocade pattern to reduce the overall blueness). Sadly, I have a feeling that no LE doll will ever quite match the amount of work and detail they put into LE Snow White, probably due to the cost of production for these dolls.

I love your fabric observations and you're completely right. The variety of fabrics and details made the previous dolls feel richer. And yes, Snow White will remain the most beautiful (gahhh...I should have just bought her a long time ago! She recently sold on the bay for over $800 :shock:). (It may be a long long long long time before I am able to own her, but I have been inspired to base my Halloween costume this year on her dress! lol :lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back